Options
13»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

The ACS/CSN was just doing their job!
    I think Greta explained the position of ACS/CSN so clearly~ it isn't so much about complaints anyone may have made, or even anyone deciding to read or not read a post~ these posts simply conflicted with the Terms and Conditions we agreed to when we joined. Spam, ads, medical advice, not to mention any and all religious doctrine and anti-religious doctrine, if allowed, would certainly inflame the participants on these boards and we would suddenly have a free-for-all in here! We would be wading through dozens and dozens of posts not knowing what we wanted to read! It could also open us up to harmful computer viruses if we opened something which "seemed" harmless or something we might be interested in.

It also ocurred to me that whereas this is the AMERICAN Cancer Society, the internet,which includes these boards is international, so the freedom of speech which we in the USA hold so dear doesn't really apply, as we are not insulated or isolated here on CSN. And of course freedom of speech isn't absolute either; the proverbial yelling FIRE in a crowded theater isn't protected speech if there is no fire!

We have had many come to these boards wanting to "research" us for term papers, poll us, sell us tried-and true ( so they say) cancer cures. No doubt many of these posters had pure motives and were simply using this board as a logical place to find participants. But that too is not what this place is about, and those posts are removed as well. Some have gone so far as to pretend they are cancer warriors, and on more than one occasion we have been sucked into the lives of so-called Kindred Spirits who are not even battling the beast. You can only imagine what that has done to upset the loving balance here at CSN.

I was saddened that Balentine found it necessary to leave the boards. She was empathic, and encouraging, and a valued member of this family. I hope that she also got the encouragement she needed during her journey from all of us. As someone mentioned, they always appreciated her nutritional advice. She did have good things to share with us, and we with her! She made me smile on many, many occasions!

I also hope that she finds a faith-based discussion baord more suited to her strong faith, and desire to witness. I would not be surprised to know that she is helping others and herself on a board which identifies itself as Christian. It was obvious to me that she is a loving, caring woman, serious about her beliefs and its responsibilities .

So much for my Sunday Morning Soap Box! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thank You, Greta and Chen and Steph
    After reading each of your posts, and considering them together, this line from a favorite poet comes to mind: "there is namore to saye."
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Lorrie
    I hope you come back. I was not a subscriber to the scripture readings but I followed your other threads and they always provoked interesting conversations. I think this board has to follow guidelines but I dont think anything personal was intended.

I hope you decide to come
    I hope you decide to come back to Lorrie. I read your scriptures and your posts whenever I was on and replied a thank you to you always.

You are a valued member of this board and I hope to see you back on soon.

You are missed.

Hugs, Jan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

I hope you decide to come
    I hope you decide to come back to Lorrie. I read your scriptures and your posts whenever I was on and replied a thank you to you always.

You are a valued member of this board and I hope to see you back on soon.

You are missed.

Hugs, Jan

We miss you on the site
    We miss you on the site Lorrie. Hoping you decide to come back.

Hugs, Megan