My posts were deleted for some reason

Options

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Balentine said:

It's all good!
    No worries Marcia. It happens for us all. Be blessed.
    Lorrie

No word from Greta yet?
    No word from Greta yet? Maybe you will hear today yet. I hope so. I read your older posts and really enjoyed them Lorrie. Prayers to you!

Debby
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    DebbyM said:

No word from Greta yet?
    No word from Greta yet? Maybe you will hear today yet. I hope so. I read your older posts and really enjoyed them Lorrie. Prayers to you!

Debby

Debby and Cynthia
    Debby, No have not heard from Greta yet so I have reposted the posts that were deleted so you can check them out on the other board and be blessed!

Cynthia, Thank you for your response and I am glad that you have enjoyed some of my posts. Religion vs. Jesus are quite different so I do not know about keeping religious beliefs to self but Jesus saves us and instructs us to share His gospel with others....soooo...the offer of the good news of Jesus is extended to others....whether you receive it or not is up to you. You do not have to accept it nor do you have to receive it....you don't even have to read it. I only hope that the scripture I have posted on the other board will bless you and others!

Lorrie
  • greta
    greta Member Posts: 237
    Options
    clarification of CSN terms and conditions
    Hello Lorrie and to all of you who have been confused by Lorrie's statements about removal of her daily words, scriptures, and teachings.

As I have explained several times via email to Lorrie, personal expressions of faith and occasional short Bible verses are not prohibited on CSN within the context of an individual's cancer experience, personal struggles in coping, etc. As you all surely must be aware, members do it all the time on CSN. However, it is a violation of site terms and conditions to proselytize. CSN is a global community with a wide diversity of experiences, thoughts, beliefs, and feelings which we value, celebrate, and wish to nurture. Use of the site to promote a particular faith, belief, and/or teaching is inconsistent with the intent to provide a safe and welcoming place for all.

No CSN member dictates what content is acceptable and which is not. All site content is monitored by American Cancer Society staff. We also review flagged content. Some of the content is found to be in violation of site terms and conditions and is removed. Other content is unflagged.

The spirituality, prayer, and meditation discussion board was created as a forum for exploring existential interests and concerns in more depth. All matter of issues are discussed in an atmosphere of mutual respect. It is not, however, a platform for promotion of one's faith, belief, or teachings via multiple lengthy posts of scripture, daily word, or other teachings each day.

Medical advice and promotion of particular cancer treatments are similarly prohibited. It's not a matter of simply ignoring what one doesn't want to read. If it were that simple, spam, medical advice, ads, etc. would be permitted.

A link to the CSN Terms & Conditions to which all members have agreed is at the bottom of each page on CSN should anyone wish to review them.

Peace and warm regards to each of you.

Greta
    Your CSN staff
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    greta said:

Hello Lorrie and to all of you who have been confused by Lorrie's statements about removal of her daily words, scriptures, and teachings.

As I have explained several times via email to Lorrie, personal expressions of faith and occasional short Bible verses are not prohibited on CSN within the context of an individual's cancer experience, personal struggles in coping, etc. As you all surely must be aware, members do it all the time on CSN. However, it is a violation of site terms and conditions to proselytize. CSN is a global community with a wide diversity of experiences, thoughts, beliefs, and feelings which we value, celebrate, and wish to nurture. Use of the site to promote a particular faith, belief, and/or teaching is inconsistent with the intent to provide a safe and welcoming place for all.

No CSN member dictates what content is acceptable and which is not. All site content is monitored by American Cancer Society staff. We also review flagged content. Some of the content is found to be in violation of site terms and conditions and is removed. Other content is unflagged.

The spirituality, prayer, and meditation discussion board was created as a forum for exploring existential interests and concerns in more depth. All matter of issues are discussed in an atmosphere of mutual respect. It is not, however, a platform for promotion of one's faith, belief, or teachings via multiple lengthy posts of scripture, daily word, or other teachings each day.

Medical advice and promotion of particular cancer treatments are similarly prohibited. It's not a matter of simply ignoring what one doesn't want to read. If it were that simple, spam, medical advice, ads, etc. would be permitted.

A link to the CSN Terms & Conditions to which all members have agreed is at the bottom of each page on CSN should anyone wish to review them.

Greta
    Your CSN staff

Thank you
    That all makes perfect sense to me. Thanks so much for all that you are doing. It is truly a wonderful and vital site for us.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Thank you
    That all makes perfect sense to me. Thanks so much for all that you are doing. It is truly a wonderful and vital site for us.

I thought I saw a post from
    I thought I saw a post from you earlier Lorrie stating that you were leaving this site, or, else I am losing my mind. ( could be )

I am so sorry that this has come to this. I feel really bad for you.

I hope you do stay as you are one of us here, a breast cancer survivor, and we all value your words.

So, don't go please.

Sending prayers to you and to all of us!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    greta said:

Greta
    Your CSN staff

As always, Greta...
    Thank you. And, thanks to all your ACS/CSN colleagues for all you do for all of us.

Kind regards, Susan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Balentine said:

Debby and Cynthia
    Debby, No have not heard from Greta yet so I have reposted the posts that were deleted so you can check them out on the other board and be blessed!

Cynthia, Thank you for your response and I am glad that you have enjoyed some of my posts. Religion vs. Jesus are quite different so I do not know about keeping religious beliefs to self but Jesus saves us and instructs us to share His gospel with others....soooo...the offer of the good news of Jesus is extended to others....whether you receive it or not is up to you. You do not have to accept it nor do you have to receive it....you don't even have to read it. I only hope that the scripture I have posted on the other board will bless you and others!

Lorrie

So sorry Lorrie. I also
    So sorry Lorrie. I also liked your posts.

Bless you for always posting them.

Hugs, Leeza
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    greta said:

Greta
    Your CSN staff

Link......
    Would you please post the link for the mediation, spiritually board?

Thank you
    Nancy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Link......
    Would you please post the link for the mediation, spiritually board?

Thank you
    Nancy

Nancy, you just go to the
    Nancy, you just go to the main discussion thread, where all of them are listed. It is down close to the bottom. Balentine was posting there, but, I think they might have taken hers off. I think she also said she was leaving the site because of all of this. I hope she doesn't. I liked her word for the day a lot. Hope this helps you to find it.

Hugs, Diane
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    greta said:

Greta
    Your CSN staff

One Step Over the Line
    There's a song "One Step Over the Line Sweet Jesus"; and I appreciate that you think Lorrie has crossed that line, but personally, I have never viewed her "daily words" as preachy. My parents were an interfaith (Jewish/Catholic)couple and I have always been deeply in tune to religous descrimination and prostelytizing. I see Lorrie's posts more along the line of something that is getting her through another day living with cancer; and her telling us what that thing is.

I can also appreciate that some people think she goes too far, because religion is by it's nature polarizing. One of the great things about this board is that we are connected by a human bond that brings together different races, religions, social classes and political ideologies. It's sad that this empathy is the result of breast cancer, but as we have seen over and over again throughout the world, tragedies have a way of bringing out the best in people.

Bob
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

As always, Greta...
    Thank you. And, thanks to all your ACS/CSN colleagues for all you do for all of us.

Kind regards, Susan

I guess I still don't get it
    I guess I still don't get it Greta. Sorry Lorrie

Hugs, Jan
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Hubby said:

One Step Over the Line
    There's a song "One Step Over the Line Sweet Jesus"; and I appreciate that you think Lorrie has crossed that line, but personally, I have never viewed her "daily words" as preachy. My parents were an interfaith (Jewish/Catholic)couple and I have always been deeply in tune to religous descrimination and prostelytizing. I see Lorrie's posts more along the line of something that is getting her through another day living with cancer; and her telling us what that thing is.

I can also appreciate that some people think she goes too far, because religion is by it's nature polarizing. One of the great things about this board is that we are connected by a human bond that brings together different races, religions, social classes and political ideologies. It's sad that this empathy is the result of breast cancer, but as we have seen over and over again throughout the world, tragedies have a way of bringing out the best in people.

Bob

I love everyone on this site.
    I am open to every message however for those who aren't so open, we need to keep this site for breast cancer support and information. Those who want to find faith have other avenues but all women should be able to come here to find relevent information about breast cancer. For me, faith is a big part of my treatment but I don't need to come here for that. There are other vehicles to satisfy that need. I totally understand the rules and wish everyone here blessings from whatever comfort sourses they desire.

Roseann
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Hey Lorrie I tried sending
    Hey Lorrie I tried sending you a message and it would not let me so send me one if you see this God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    greta said:

Greta
    Your CSN staff

Thank you
    for explaining the terms and conditions of this site. I think they are good rules to follow.
    Scout
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Options
    greta said:

Greta
    Your CSN staff

I still wonder WHY anyone
    I still wonder WHY anyone would read something they are not interested in. Anyone could see what it was about before they opened it so they must have wanted to read it or just plain complain.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    camsgram said:

I still wonder WHY anyone would read something they are not interested in. Anyone could see what it was about before they opened it so they must have wanted to read it or just plain complain.

Sorry Balentine. Offering
    Sorry Balentine. Offering you my support as I always liked your posts.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    camsgram said:

The ACS/CSN was just doing their job!
    I think Greta explained the position of ACS/CSN so clearly~ it isn't so much about complaints anyone may have made, or even anyone deciding to read or not read a post~ these posts simply conflicted with the Terms and Conditions we agreed to when we joined. Spam, ads, medical advice, not to mention any and all religious doctrine and anti-religious doctrine, if allowed, would certainly inflame the participants on these boards and we would suddenly have a free-for-all in here! We would be wading through dozens and dozens of posts not knowing what we wanted to read! It could also open us up to harmful computer viruses if we opened something which "seemed" harmless or something we might be interested in.

It also ocurred to me that whereas this is the AMERICAN Cancer Society, the internet,which includes these boards is international, so the freedom of speech which we in the USA hold so dear doesn't really apply, as we are not insulated or isolated here on CSN. And of course freedom of speech isn't absolute either; the proverbial yelling FIRE in a crowded theater isn't protected speech if there is no fire!

We have had many come to these boards wanting to "research" us for term papers, poll us, sell us tried-and true ( so they say) cancer cures. No doubt many of these posters had pure motives and were simply using this board as a logical place to find participants. But that too is not what this place is about, and those posts are removed as well. Some have gone so far as to pretend they are cancer warriors, and on more than one occasion we have been sucked into the lives of so-called Kindred Spirits who are not even battling the beast. You can only imagine what that has done to upset the loving balance here at CSN.

I was saddened that Balentine found it necessary to leave the boards. She was empathic, and encouraging, and a valued member of this family. I hope that she also got the encouragement she needed during her journey from all of us. As someone mentioned, they always appreciated her nutritional advice. She did have good things to share with us, and we with her! She made me smile on many, many occasions!

I also hope that she finds a faith-based discussion baord more suited to her strong faith, and desire to witness. I would not be surprised to know that she is helping others and herself on a board which identifies itself as Christian. It was obvious to me that she is a loving, caring woman, serious about her beliefs and its responsibilities .

So much for my Sunday Morning Soap Box! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

The ACS/CSN was just doing their job!
    I think Greta explained the position of ACS/CSN so clearly~ it isn't so much about complaints anyone may have made, or even anyone deciding to read or not read a post~ these posts simply conflicted with the Terms and Conditions we agreed to when we joined. Spam, ads, medical advice, not to mention any and all religious doctrine and anti-religious doctrine, if allowed, would certainly inflame the participants on these boards and we would suddenly have a free-for-all in here! We would be wading through dozens and dozens of posts not knowing what we wanted to read! It could also open us up to harmful computer viruses if we opened something which "seemed" harmless or something we might be interested in.

It also ocurred to me that whereas this is the AMERICAN Cancer Society, the internet,which includes these boards is international, so the freedom of speech which we in the USA hold so dear doesn't really apply, as we are not insulated or isolated here on CSN. And of course freedom of speech isn't absolute either; the proverbial yelling FIRE in a crowded theater isn't protected speech if there is no fire!

We have had many come to these boards wanting to "research" us for term papers, poll us, sell us tried-and true ( so they say) cancer cures. No doubt many of these posters had pure motives and were simply using this board as a logical place to find participants. But that too is not what this place is about, and those posts are removed as well. Some have gone so far as to pretend they are cancer warriors, and on more than one occasion we have been sucked into the lives of so-called Kindred Spirits who are not even battling the beast. You can only imagine what that has done to upset the loving balance here at CSN.

I was saddened that Balentine found it necessary to leave the boards. She was empathic, and encouraging, and a valued member of this family. I hope that she also got the encouragement she needed during her journey from all of us. As someone mentioned, they always appreciated her nutritional advice. She did have good things to share with us, and we with her! She made me smile on many, many occasions!

I also hope that she finds a faith-based discussion baord more suited to her strong faith, and desire to witness. I would not be surprised to know that she is helping others and herself on a board which identifies itself as Christian. It was obvious to me that she is a loving, caring woman, serious about her beliefs and its responsibilities .

So much for my Sunday Morning Soap Box! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen,
    I had been struggling

Chen,
    I had been struggling to find the words that you so eloquently expressed. I too appreciated Balentine's good heart and wish she would have stayed here to give and receive support and I hope she finds a board that works for her on all levels. You always have a way of expressing and explaining things that is clear, not judgemental and full of care and concern.
    Stef
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Chen,
    I had been struggling

Chen,
    I had been struggling to find the words that you so eloquently expressed. I too appreciated Balentine's good heart and wish she would have stayed here to give and receive support and I hope she finds a board that works for her on all levels. You always have a way of expressing and explaining things that is clear, not judgemental and full of care and concern.
    Stef

I hope that you haven't left
    I hope that you haven't left this discussion thread Lorrie. Most of us really appreciated your postings and valued what you had to say.

Sending prayers and hugs to you!

Diane
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Hey Lorrie I tried sending
    Hey Lorrie I tried sending you a message and it would not let me so send me one if you see this God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Lorrie
    I hope you come back. I was not a subscriber to the scripture readings but I followed your other threads and they always provoked interesting conversations. I think this board has to follow guidelines but I dont think anything personal was intended.