Options
2»

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

I know what you mean...
    My hair is making a comeback too. I finished chemo May 7 and is growing and everyone can see it now. I think for weeks I would ask the kids if they could see my hair growing and they would look at me like I was seeing things. Now they're rubbing my head! I take a pic every Friday to document the growth which I started about 2 weeks ago at 10 wks. I don't wear anything around the house and out in the yard. So happy for all of us with our hair growing back!

rene9

Hair color and Shampoo
    When my hair started coming in I bought at Sally's Nutri ox shampoo and conditioner. I only used the conditioner until I had enough hair to really wash. Seem's to have worked well for me. My hair was always thin and now it's thicker, also it did not come in curly. I colored my hair when it was an inch or so. I also came in salt/pepper. My hairdresser told me not to try and go blonde, that it won't cover the gray because we don't have all the layer's to our hair shaft yet. It's like a baby. The dye won't grab the hair. I used a brown color and it worked well. I have dyed my hair like 3 times already and my hair is just fine. Happy coloring !
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hair color and Shampoo
    When my hair started coming in I bought at Sally's Nutri ox shampoo and conditioner. I only used the conditioner until I had enough hair to really wash. Seem's to have worked well for me. My hair was always thin and now it's thicker, also it did not come in curly. I colored my hair when it was an inch or so. I also came in salt/pepper. My hairdresser told me not to try and go blonde, that it won't cover the gray because we don't have all the layer's to our hair shaft yet. It's like a baby. The dye won't grab the hair. I used a brown color and it worked well. I have dyed my hair like 3 times already and my hair is just fine. Happy coloring !

Jean, I'm with you!
    I never shaved my head, and held on to each and every hair for as long as I could. Now it's ready for my first cut, one year from the first chemo! I can't believe it! The longest year of my life....
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hey Mama G
    You're the picture of health. Looks like you're mountain climbing in your swimsuit, you wild woman! It has been a long year. My hair has come back straight and was dark gray with white, salt and pepper not for me. I've colored it probably 6 times so far, starting with a light auburn. It took well. Now I'm back to blond still darker than I'm used to. I'm at the bad haircut look right now, since it's not even everywhere. The sides and back came in slower than the top. Chemo girls, hang in there through the hair loss ordeal. That was the worst for me.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hair color and Shampoo

Happy that your hair is
    Happy that your hair is coming back Laurissa!

Hugs, Diane
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Mama G said:

Jean, I'm with you!
    I never shaved my head, and held on to each and every hair for as long as I could. Now it's ready for my first cut, one year from the first chemo! I can't believe it! The longest year of my life....

Hey Mama G
    You look great in your picture! How long did it take before all your hair fell out?
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    scorpio37 said:

Need hair growth advice please
    My last chemo was july 8th and my hair had started growing very slowly wanted to know if anyone uses a certain shampoo to help their hair growth. My hair never did go bald but i did shave it after first chemo (march 4th) because after 14 days clumps fell, so I had my daughters shave my head. I am so ready to get rid of the head wraps but am not brave enough and don't have enough hair on top of my head to go without the wraps. My hair is growing back salt and pepper, i had colored my hair since i was 18 and now at 47 my true hair color shows lol..can i color my hair? Also i still get people asking me why am i wearing a wrap?? I can just see when I stop wearing the wraps and they see my hair growth or lack of hair what they will say "what have you done to your hair!! LOL

Thanks for listening and any advice is appreciated

I just had to respond to
    I just had to respond to your post. I finished chemo in early April and just two weeks ago ditched the wig. My head is covered with hair but it is very short and grey/salt and pepper. Scorpio, I have had people say exactly that to me, "what have you done to your hair?" LOL. My wig served me well and looked very much like my own hair and a lot of people didn't even know I was in treatment. I guess I should have been making my " hair " look different all along. I never thought about the idea that my hair had been colored for so long, no one ever saw my real hair color, including me. Oh well, now they know the whole truth and I'm just glad to have hair. Love your upbeat attitude about this subject. G
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    putzie said:

Yay! You girls all rock! I
    Yay! You girls all rock! I am so excited to hear that your hair is starting to come back in...it is inspirational for me as I took my last chemo a week ago. I wake up every morning, take off my cap, and hope for growth, lol. I know it won't happen that quick but I keep looking! I had extremely thick and wavy hair before chemo and am hoping it comes in a little straighter...a girl can wish.

Hope everyone is staying cool in this heat!! XXXX OOO

Such good news Laurissa!
    Such good news Laurissa!

Hugs, Jan
  • Kat11
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hey Mama G
    You're the picture of health. Looks like you're mountain climbing in your swimsuit, you wild woman! It has been a long year. My hair has come back straight and was dark gray with white, salt and pepper not for me. I've colored it probably 6 times so far, starting with a light auburn. It took well. Now I'm back to blond still darker than I'm used to. I'm at the bad haircut look right now, since it's not even everywhere. The sides and back came in slower than the top. Chemo girls, hang in there through the hair loss ordeal. That was the worst for me.

Hey Laurissa
    What did you use to get it back to blonde ? I so want to be a blonde again.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Congrats on the hair girls,
    Congrats on the hair girls, it feels so good!! What are you girls using to color it? Mine is so baby fine, I'm scared I'll damage it.
    ~Kari
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi
    I use the cheap Revlon Colorsilk. I first started with red so the hair would show up since a light color against scalp doesn't do much! Now I have enough hair to dye it the lightest blond. It is baby fine but I had no breakage at all. I probably color it every 2-3 weeks. I also use gel for the spike style which is all I can do, it adds shine. This new hair has no shine yet.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi
    I use the cheap Revlon Colorsilk. I first started with red so the hair would show up since a light color against scalp doesn't do much! Now I have enough hair to dye it the lightest blond. It is baby fine but I had no breakage at all. I probably color it every 2-3 weeks. I also use gel for the spike style which is all I can do, it adds shine. This new hair has no shine yet.

Wonderful hair stories!
    What wonderful hair stories! Laurissa so glad your hair is getting close to being long enough to cut.

I've colored my hair since I was 40. I had my hairdresser cut my hair really short after I was dx but before my surgery. I didn't color it so right now it's light brown/gray. I start chemo in 2 weeks and was wondering what did all of you wash your head with after hair fell out??? Did you use a baby shampoo or body wash??? My hairdresser is going to shave my head 2 weeks after 1st chemo. I don't work because of disability and I'm 61 so don't know if I'll go back to coloring it after it does grow in. I'm amazed at how long it takes for it to grow again! I don't plan on wearing a wig. I'll go bald in my house and wear cotton hats when I have to go out.

I think I'm more concerned about my eyebrows & eyelashes falling out since they're dark brown. My face is really gonna look naked. lol
    Char
  • Kat11
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi

Thanks laurissa, I will try
    Thanks laurissa, I will try a lighter color next time. I went dark ( brown ) so here is hoping I can get back to blonde without bleach. Because I know bleach is a no no right now.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Thanks laurissa, I will try
    Thanks laurissa, I will try a lighter color next time. I went dark ( brown ) so here is hoping I can get back to blonde without bleach. Because I know bleach is a no no right now.

I finished the end of
    I finished the end of january. hair is very slow growing but it was about 2 inches. I had it trimmed and colored. I was so sad as I wanted it blond and it needed to be colored darker to get tht light/ dark mix. when my hair is longer I can get some blond. but I needed it trimmed to get it evened out. I cried all the way home from the hair dresser, she said it would be a "process" SO TIRED of the process. after a couple od days I started to like it and see what the hairdresser meant. (she has experience with this) Laurissa so glad for you! No fair Mama G you always had the best hair! but I was trying to think of me in the the scarf and it was tough to do. so girls your time is coming!!!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Congrats on the hair girls,
    Congrats on the hair girls, it feels so good!! What are you girls using to color it? Mine is so baby fine, I'm scared I'll damage it.
    ~Kari

Congrats to all of you with
    Congrats to all of you with the new hair! So happy for you!