Options
2»

Comments

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    alexinlv said:

shot in stomach dream
    My husband had a nightmare the other night about being chased and shot many times in the stomach! He said he could feel the bullets too. And he is waiting to have a scan next week-his first since chemo.

No C Dreams
    No dreams of cancer since DX or ever for that matter...strange. I can't remember most of my dreams lately. I need to focus on them, you know that old saying, once you put your foot on the floor, your dream is practically gone and you won't be able to recall it.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Dreams are the subconscious....
    dumping all the menusha of the day....that the conscious mind throws aside for the important stuff...like avoiding a BIG truck on the highway (even tho there was a beautiful bird on the other side of the road...the subconscious records the bird!).

Yes, I have that one (the C reoccurance) every once in a while...

Hugs, Kathi
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Dreams are the subconscious....
    dumping all the menusha of the day....that the conscious mind throws aside for the important stuff...like avoiding a BIG truck on the highway (even tho there was a beautiful bird on the other side of the road...the subconscious records the bird!).

Yes, I have that one (the C reoccurance) every once in a while...

Hugs, Kathi

It sucks
    I wake up not knowing if it was real or not, for a few seconds I cant remember if the reoccurance is real or not, so strange. I just hate it, but hopefully in time it will go away.

Hugs
    Beth
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

never had a cancer dream
    Interestly, in the 3 years that I've been fighting this, I've never had a dream about my cancer. I guess the exception is right before my liver resection surgery- I actually dreamed that I died. That definitely freaked me out & I even wondered then if it was God preparing me. Well, I didn't die- I guess I was just worried about it and so then I dreamed about it. Since you've been thinking about it and have been reading here on the board of people's recurrences, i'm sure that's what had you thinking about it and why you dreamed about it.
    We work things out in our dreams and dreams also reflect fears that we have, as well as subconscious fears that we may not even fully be aware of.

Rest easy, Beth. You just had a clear scan, so I'm sure all is well.

Lisa

Lisa, I know
    That is what I keep telling myself, then I think well did they go low enough on the scan or maybe its in the brain, crazy thoughts I have. I dont have this dream a lot, but when I do its so real, so scary and takes a while to shake them..

Hugs
    Beth
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    dorookie said:

It sucks
    I wake up not knowing if it was real or not, for a few seconds I cant remember if the reoccurance is real or not, so strange. I just hate it, but hopefully in time it will go away.

Hugs
    Beth

It did for me....
    It's very infrequent now. And, if I think back to the day before, usually, there is something that sparked it...

Hugs to you, dearheart!

Hugs, Kathi