Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Thanks for clearing that up
    We ALL wish each other the best!

I agree!
    I agree with Chen, I myself have requested prayer and I appreciate any that are done for me no matter what the faith of the one doing the praying.

RE
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Amen Laurie! I'll be reading
    Amen Laurie! I'll be reading your post at the new local!:)

Sally
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    sal314 said:

Amen Laurie! I'll be reading
    Amen Laurie! I'll be reading your post at the new local!:)

Sally

Balentines post's were
    Balentines post's were welcome here, until, someone complained. If they didn't like her posts, they didn't have to read them. I ignore a few people that post here too, so what? It isn't that hard to do, you just don't open them to read. It doesn't matter if you are a Methodist, Jew, Muslim, Christian or don't even believe in God. You have the right to not read her posts, but, we should also have the right to read them. Her posts didn't offend anyone unless they read them, so why read them if you felt that way? Why ruin it for those of us that liked them? What is this now? If you find her posts offensive, then you probably find the posts offensive where someone is asking for prayers, don't you? So, I guess we can't ask for prayers now as they might offend someone? She is a bc survivor and I would think that you would have enough respect for her and what she has gone through and still is going through to let her post what she wants. Offensive? How? I certainly don't see it. I wish whoever complained about her would have the guts to come forward and tell why. Or, I guess it is becoming obvious from some of what has been written here who it is. I am really sorry Balentine that this happened. I always liked your posts and will certainly lodge a complaint too. It just isn't right, it isn't fair to the rest of us to not allow them on the bc discussion group. I will look for your new postings elsewhere, even though it is wrong.
  • Angie2U
    Options
    sea60 said:

I do too!
    I have SEEN the power of prayer many times and I pray for each and every one of you here, every day. I ASK for prayer and I pray FOR others.

I also end most of my blogs with "God bless" or "Blessings", which I will continue because that's what I pray for you.

I really hope that doesn't offend anyone :(

I like the way you sign your
    I like the way you sign your post sea60. Please don't stop.

Hugs, Angie
  • Angie2U
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Balentines post's were
    Balentines post's were welcome here, until, someone complained. If they didn't like her posts, they didn't have to read them. I ignore a few people that post here too, so what? It isn't that hard to do, you just don't open them to read. It doesn't matter if you are a Methodist, Jew, Muslim, Christian or don't even believe in God. You have the right to not read her posts, but, we should also have the right to read them. Her posts didn't offend anyone unless they read them, so why read them if you felt that way? Why ruin it for those of us that liked them? What is this now? If you find her posts offensive, then you probably find the posts offensive where someone is asking for prayers, don't you? So, I guess we can't ask for prayers now as they might offend someone? She is a bc survivor and I would think that you would have enough respect for her and what she has gone through and still is going through to let her post what she wants. Offensive? How? I certainly don't see it. I wish whoever complained about her would have the guts to come forward and tell why. Or, I guess it is becoming obvious from some of what has been written here who it is. I am really sorry Balentine that this happened. I always liked your posts and will certainly lodge a complaint too. It just isn't right, it isn't fair to the rest of us to not allow them on the bc discussion group. I will look for your new postings elsewhere, even though it is wrong.

One suggestion
    For those of you that liked Balentine's posts, perhaps, you might send in a complaint. You can do it at the top right of the screen, where it says Contact CSN. I just did. It probably won't do any good, but, at least they know that many of us don't like how they are censoring us now.

We are fighting for our lives, and, I thought we had an open forum here, but, that has just been proven wrong.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    RE said:

I agree!
    I agree with Chen, I myself have requested prayer and I appreciate any that are done for me no matter what the faith of the one doing the praying.

RE

God bless you Lorrie! I
    God bless you Lorrie! I will also look for your posts at the other thread.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Angie2U said:

One suggestion
    For those of you that liked Balentine's posts, perhaps, you might send in a complaint. You can do it at the top right of the screen, where it says Contact CSN. I just did. It probably won't do any good, but, at least they know that many of us don't like how they are censoring us now.

We are fighting for our lives, and, I thought we had an open forum here, but, that has just been proven wrong.

Will do Angie!

Will do Angie!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Lorrie i always read your
    Lorrie i always read your posts...i may not always comment on it but i do read them cuz they are inspirational.
    Unfortuantly they are kicking God out of everything nowadays. Its ashame they are doing it here to.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Balentines post's were

Just to put the record

Just to put the record straight. It was not me who complained about her posts. I saw them and ignored them just as others have done. No-one might have even complained, this apparently has happened on other discussion boards. If you go to spirituality, prayer and meditation and dig around you will see this same discussion come up. It is just the nature of this website, the rules I guess, that anything religious needs to be posted on the appropriate discussion board.

I find it sad that the above person, has implied that it has become obvious who it is that has complained from what has been written. I think this is fast becoming rather unfair and I am beginning to feel rather unwelcome. Sad really, because I have found a great deal of support on this site.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    jo jo said:

Lorrie i always read your
    Lorrie i always read your posts...i may not always comment on it but i do read them cuz they are inspirational.
    Unfortuantly they are kicking God out of everything nowadays. Its ashame they are doing it here to.

I am sorry all of this happened and I feell it is my fault
    This is not God's will and intention to cause division and conflict over His grace that He extends to us. Some receive it and some just won't. Lets not argue over why it is not being received by some. God said to let whoever WILL to come to Him. And Mariam I was not responding to your post, I was responding to Debby's post...I guess you just happened to post at the same time and yours came in right before mine. Lets be clear sisters in pink....God loves us all...our response to Him is up to us...see you at the other board for the spiritual side and I will see you here for the boobie side of things :) Love you all and God bless!
    Lorrie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    We need to be inclusive here
    The fact is this is not a Christian board. I was not bothered by Lorrie's posts -- just never clicked on them. However, I can understand those who were. There is a proper place for these posts and Lorrie has informed us all where she will be posting them. I don't see anything wrong with that. I completely agree with Mariam, with no ill will at all toward Lorrie. She is a valued member of the CSN community, as are all of us -- believers and nonbelievers. We don't need to believe in God to be here, nor do we need to be told how to conduct our religious lives.

Mimi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

Just to put the record

Just to put the record straight. It was not me who complained about her posts. I saw them and ignored them just as others have done. No-one might have even complained, this apparently has happened on other discussion boards. If you go to spirituality, prayer and meditation and dig around you will see this same discussion come up. It is just the nature of this website, the rules I guess, that anything religious needs to be posted on the appropriate discussion board.

I find it sad that the above person, has implied that it has become obvious who it is that has complained from what has been written. I think this is fast becoming rather unfair and I am beginning to feel rather unwelcome. Sad really, because I have found a great deal of support on this site.

Mariam, please don't feel
    Mariam, please don't feel unwelcome.
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Balentine said:

I am sorry all of this happened and I feell it is my fault
    This is not God's will and intention to cause division and conflict over His grace that He extends to us. Some receive it and some just won't. Lets not argue over why it is not being received by some. God said to let whoever WILL to come to Him. And Mariam I was not responding to your post, I was responding to Debby's post...I guess you just happened to post at the same time and yours came in right before mine. Lets be clear sisters in pink....God loves us all...our response to Him is up to us...see you at the other board for the spiritual side and I will see you here for the boobie side of things :) Love you all and God bless!
    Lorrie

God in a Box
    I wouldn't have survived without God's support. It was a very vital and important thing that helped me through the tough times in treatment. I think it a shame that we should not be allowed to talk about how we survived. God's grace was every bit as important to me as the physical treatments, probably more important if the truth be known.

I find it disgusting that God has to be put in a box. He is okay on one board, but not okay on another. Sure it is the way of our times, but it still stinks! If someone wanted to thank Allah or Buddah or the sun and the moon for their survival, I would not be offended. We are all aware that there are many different religions out there. I don't expect everyone here to be a Christian. I would respect their right to believe as they choose. If they choose not to display their religious beliefs, maybe they aren't so sure about them. All of us are a minority in some aspect of life. Most of us are adult enough to relate to similarities and overlook the differences.

By the way, just on what basis do you think the wonderful country was founded? Take a look at the back of a dollar bill. It says "In God We Trust". Now just what god do you think that is? If I immigrated to another country, I would certainly know what the predominant religion was, but it would be my choice to live there, and I would not complain that the landscape was not Christian. I would not expect it to be. Why are other countries allowed to wear their religion, but for some reason we are not.

Sorry for ranting. I have lost my enjoyment and interest in this board.

Ballentine, this is certainly NOT your fault. I, for one, am very proud of you, and count you as one of God's blessings. I will look for your posts ... in the "other" box.
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

We need to be inclusive here
    The fact is this is not a Christian board. I was not bothered by Lorrie's posts -- just never clicked on them. However, I can understand those who were. There is a proper place for these posts and Lorrie has informed us all where she will be posting them. I don't see anything wrong with that. I completely agree with Mariam, with no ill will at all toward Lorrie. She is a valued member of the CSN community, as are all of us -- believers and nonbelievers. We don't need to believe in God to be here, nor do we need to be told how to conduct our religious lives.

Mimi

Well said Mimi
    Mimi, you couldn't have said it any better.... its time to put this subject to bed....

Dot
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

God in a Box
    I wouldn't have survived without God's support. It was a very vital and important thing that helped me through the tough times in treatment. I think it a shame that we should not be allowed to talk about how we survived. God's grace was every bit as important to me as the physical treatments, probably more important if the truth be known.

I find it disgusting that God has to be put in a box. He is okay on one board, but not okay on another. Sure it is the way of our times, but it still stinks! If someone wanted to thank Allah or Buddah or the sun and the moon for their survival, I would not be offended. We are all aware that there are many different religions out there. I don't expect everyone here to be a Christian. I would respect their right to believe as they choose. If they choose not to display their religious beliefs, maybe they aren't so sure about them. All of us are a minority in some aspect of life. Most of us are adult enough to relate to similarities and overlook the differences.

By the way, just on what basis do you think the wonderful country was founded? Take a look at the back of a dollar bill. It says "In God We Trust". Now just what god do you think that is? If I immigrated to another country, I would certainly know what the predominant religion was, but it would be my choice to live there, and I would not complain that the landscape was not Christian. I would not expect it to be. Why are other countries allowed to wear their religion, but for some reason we are not.

Sorry for ranting. I have lost my enjoyment and interest in this board.

Ballentine, this is certainly NOT your fault. I, for one, am very proud of you, and count you as one of God's blessings. I will look for your posts ... in the "other" box.

So sorry too Lorrie. I
    So sorry too Lorrie. I might not have posted a reply to you, but, when I would come on and see your posts, I would always read them and enjoyed them. It is a shame that you still can't post them on this thread. And, look at all of those that do enjoy them, that says a lot. Thanks for them Lorrie!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    terms and conditions on message boards
    This is why some boards have terms and conditions to control content. They want the message board to provide support and comfort to all, which is hard to do when politics or religion is posted. I've seen the same comments on another message board. It's not that the moderators are picking sides but trying to hold to the terms and conditions. Politics and religion are subjects that would start a flame war faster than a cigarette thrown out onto dry, drought condition grass. People throwing out the cigarette don't mean to start a fire. Politics and religion are strongly felt.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Lorrie
    I also found inspiration in your daily words and will travel to the other section to read them. Keep posting here, there, everywhere! You're a source of strength.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Well said Mimi
    Mimi, you couldn't have said it any better.... its time to put this subject to bed....

Dot

I cannot add another word...
    To the posts from both Mimi and Marcia. I totally agree with both of them. Maybe because the 3 of us have been here a longer time, we understand better & truly appreciate the ACS/CSN point of view on these types of issues. And, we've seen these types of unfortunate disturbances before...

Thank goodness for the ACS, this site & its moderators (as always - with special thanks to our Greta).

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    laurissa said:

Lorrie
    I also found inspiration in your daily words and will travel to the other section to read them. Keep posting here, there, everywhere! You're a source of strength.

Your posts always lifted me
    Your posts always lifted me up too Lorrie and I read them when I would see them.

Please keep posting them as so many of us did find strength and comfort in them.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    susie09 said:

Your posts always lifted me
    Your posts always lifted me up too Lorrie and I read them when I would see them.

Please keep posting them as so many of us did find strength and comfort in them.

I am sorry that this thread
    I am sorry that this thread has become so confrontational. I think of CSN as a place that everyone can come and express their fears, doubts, and joys without being judged. But, I'm feeling like there's a lot of judging being done. I don't think that is what Jesus would want, and I don't think that any other God that you might worship wants it either. And, I think that it can be offensive to new people who should be wrapped in love and acceptance.

I would be concerned if CSN did not have another outlet for freely expressing religious beliefs, but they do. And, I don't think that they are saying that you can't ask for prayers, say that you are praying for someone, or give blessings, on this board.

By the way, I have seen answered prayers, and I will continue to pray and ask for prayers.

Joyce