I shaved my head!!

Options
TulsaMomof3
TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok so I am 10 days past my first Chemo and have been having some tingling sensations. I didn't want to have the big emotional moment in the shower so My mom, my husband and my Kids had a hair shaving party! everyone took a turn it was really fun. I had someone take pictures so we will have them to remember the day. But it was a really special event that I am sure no one in my house will ever forget!... I didn't even shead one tear - I couldn't the kids where just having so much fun! They are 11, 16, and 18
«1

Comments

  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    You go girl!
    Wow,

    You sound like you have such a great attitude and a GREAT family.

    See... cancer can not take our sense of humor.

    Good for you.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Sally5 said:

    You go girl!
    Wow,

    You sound like you have such a great attitude and a GREAT family.

    See... cancer can not take our sense of humor.

    Good for you.

    wow sounds like you had fun,
    wow sounds like you had fun, glad you got over that step on your own terms!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Shaved head.
    I am glad your family made it easier for you.That was one of the hardest things I went through.Good luck. PPurdin.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    ppurdin said:

    Shaved head.
    I am glad your family made it easier for you.That was one of the hardest things I went through.Good luck. PPurdin.

    Good for You!
    It is a milestone...congratulations! It can only get better from here....my hair grew back to the point of me feeling ok to take my scarves off after just 6 weeks. It will grow back...you just have to be patient about it. God bless.
    Lorrie
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Glad it was a good
    Glad it was a good experience for you. My daughter in law did mine and we laughed and talked the whole time. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    TulsaMom, you da best!
    Good for you, making a party out of somwthing that could have been no fun at all, if you'd let it. You have a wonderful, strong attitude that will help you and your family through all this. Just keep on the way you're going!
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Hair today gone.......
    Glad to read your post was wondering how you were after your first treatment...Looks like you are swimming along...
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options
    Way to go!! That was so
    Way to go!! That was so brave! I'l glad you all made a fun time of it and will remember it in a good way. Take care! :)
  • TulsaMomof3
    TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    waffle8 said:

    Hair today gone.......
    Glad to read your post was wondering how you were after your first treatment...Looks like you are swimming along...

    Waffle, I am feeling good.
    Waffle, I am feeling good. The first 7 days where a little bumpy. I was tired, achy and my stomache hurt alot. But after day 8 I am feeling great!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Tusla Mom
    Good for you. Day 19 for me after my first treatment. I just started losing a few strands over the weekend, so I plan on shaving this week. You are my inspiration!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Talk about turning that
    Talk about turning that potential frown upside down~ way to go! Who knew that this could be an actual Fun Family Day?? Congratulations for being proactive and incorporating your entire household, and making it a special event, indeed! Bless your head and heart!

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Well done Mom!!! I
    Yay!!! Well done Mom!!! I think when you do it yourself YOU are in control, not the cancer!! I drank wine with two of my best friends (I wouldn't recommend that part) and we laughed and cried together. Good luck on your road to recovery...We will get through this!!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    You are one strong women. I
    You are one strong women. I admire your courage and determination. Keep up the good work and you'll beat this beast into submission. You go girl!!
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I found that
    Way to go! I found that staying positive during treatment really helped make my "lemons into lemonade". Staying positive also really helps your family through this time too. Stay strong! ((Hugs))
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    MGNS said:

    Way to go! I found that
    Way to go! I found that staying positive during treatment really helped make my "lemons into lemonade". Staying positive also really helps your family through this time too. Stay strong! ((Hugs))

    That's great. Glad you could
    That's great. Glad you could have fun with it. Makes life a bit easier.
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

    That's great. Glad you could
    That's great. Glad you could have fun with it. Makes life a bit easier.

    You look and sound great.
    You look and sound great. What an inspiration you and your family are. Today was my first time in 5 months to go to work without my wig. I was really hesitant. I work in the pharmacy of a large grocery store and come in contact with lots of people who are not used to my new, really short, somewhat grey hair. My 10 year old granddaughter told me to get out there and do it, ( sometimes she is more mature than I am ). So the hair thing goes on... I'm so happy for you, before you know it you will be out there with your new hair.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    GayleMc said:

    You look and sound great.
    You look and sound great. What an inspiration you and your family are. Today was my first time in 5 months to go to work without my wig. I was really hesitant. I work in the pharmacy of a large grocery store and come in contact with lots of people who are not used to my new, really short, somewhat grey hair. My 10 year old granddaughter told me to get out there and do it, ( sometimes she is more mature than I am ). So the hair thing goes on... I'm so happy for you, before you know it you will be out there with your new hair.

    Tulsa Mom of 3 .. That 's the way to do it! In your
    own style with a party .. We all know that our hair will fall out .. I say take the bull by the horns and shave it yourself .. Your timing, not cancer's or chemo.!

    Wear the scalp PROUD.


    Vicki Sam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    its a relief
    Glad you did it. I remember that day very well last October. Now my hair is over an inch long! And I'm blonde again, getting my old self back. No more wigs, no more caps. Its quite a process going through everything, but you will get through it.
  • alexlib_mom
    alexlib_mom Member Posts: 46
    Options
    good for you!
    I'm so glad the kids had fun with it. My kids have been completely ok with my hair loss. They've been at camp for a three weeks and I'm looking forward to them seeing my new hair growth! I love the idea of a head shaving party!

    Good luck with the chemo. It's not so bad...
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

    good for you!
    I'm so glad the kids had fun with it. My kids have been completely ok with my hair loss. They've been at camp for a three weeks and I'm looking forward to them seeing my new hair growth! I love the idea of a head shaving party!

    Good luck with the chemo. It's not so bad...

    you're all so awesome & such
    you're all so awesome & such an inspiration to me! i think i'll be shaving my head shortly after chemo also. I've promised my dad mohawk pictures also :)
    I think it's a great way to remain in charge. I've gone from waist length hair to my very short cut now since I've been diagnosed, it's really been helping me get used to the idea of not having hair, and i think it's helping my kids get used to it too.
    thanks everyone for sharing :)
    *hugs to you all*
    Heather