Options
2»

Comments

• m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    cavediver said:

take it as compliment
    I really think it was his way to send kindness and hugs your way! I had to go to bank yesterday, bald with straw hat, makeup that I am uncomfortable wearing, and felt so very obvious...but had to do this in person. The bank person made a big deal greeting me, saying "oh you look so beautiful"! Of course I did not, but it was her way of saying
    wow, I see you are ill, but want you to feel good. But, we all know we look as we do on the outside.....but everyone here is pretty darn beautiful in my book!!!!

Make it fun..
    Waffle8, thanks for starting this thread. I'm sorry for your unpleasant experience. I've not had to have chemo, but my turn is probably coming. You've all made wonderful, encouraging responses. I've decided that when I do eventually need to wear a mask in public, I will make it fun for myself, and hopefully for the observers, so they can stare all they want.

I plan to draw a big "clown" smile on the mask, or perhaps a toothless grin, or some other remarkable thing, such as a tongue hanging out the corner of the mouth. Or, I might design a lovely "Chemo-Veil" that will cover my nose and mouth, but hang loose, with beads or fringe. (if you see them anyplace else, you heard it here first!) You all have great imaginations...let them soar!

By the way, with your mask on, you could be sticking your tongue out at people...who would know? LOL

Also, I LOVE the T-shirt idea! Or have cards to hand out with a similar message. Even chemo patients have lives to live, but common germs can be deadly to them.

Hugs to you all...have a great day!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Make it fun..
    Waffle8, thanks for starting this thread. I'm sorry for your unpleasant experience. I've not had to have chemo, but my turn is probably coming. You've all made wonderful, encouraging responses. I've decided that when I do eventually need to wear a mask in public, I will make it fun for myself, and hopefully for the observers, so they can stare all they want.

I plan to draw a big "clown" smile on the mask, or perhaps a toothless grin, or some other remarkable thing, such as a tongue hanging out the corner of the mouth. Or, I might design a lovely "Chemo-Veil" that will cover my nose and mouth, but hang loose, with beads or fringe. (if you see them anyplace else, you heard it here first!) You all have great imaginations...let them soar!

By the way, with your mask on, you could be sticking your tongue out at people...who would know? LOL

Also, I LOVE the T-shirt idea! Or have cards to hand out with a similar message. Even chemo patients have lives to live, but common germs can be deadly to them.

Hugs to you all...have a great day!

Grace...what great ideas! I luv the tongue hanging out!
    I think we are very sensitive and the public isn't really staring as much as we perceive them to be. It's hard looking so very different from our regular selves and we feel we are on display...

Kathi, thanks for the info, it sounds wonderful! I'm going online now to find some recipes.

Hugs, Judy :-)