What do you like to collect or what kind of hobby do you have???

Options

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Costume Jewelry
    My hobby primarily is making costume jewelery, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. I've copied the styles of the stars and styles I see in stores along with some of my originals. It's something I truly enjoy. I also do some crochet and knitting not very good at either, know basic stitches.

I have a small colection of angels which were gifts.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Hobby........
    I don't collect anything, any more....actually getting rid of many things....I'm into making my life more simple..less things less work...my true passions are painting and reading.....not to mention my grand kids......During chemo last summer, I didn't do much painting, I do oils and watercolors......but oh boy did I read! I read 9 books in 12 weeks.......not much else to do while lying on the couch! haha I am back to painting and once again ejoying something that gives me so much pleasure and still reading!

This is a fun thread!
  • calvertcrafts
    calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Hobby........
    I don't collect anything, any more....actually getting rid of many things....I'm into making my life more simple..less things less work...my true passions are painting and reading.....not to mention my grand kids......During chemo last summer, I didn't do much painting, I do oils and watercolors......but oh boy did I read! I read 9 books in 12 weeks.......not much else to do while lying on the couch! haha I am back to painting and once again ejoying something that gives me so much pleasure and still reading!

This is a fun thread!

I like to crochet baby
    I like to crochet baby blankets. I've made over 100 and they have been given to new Moms as far away as Japan. I also like to sew and read. Now that my treatments are over, I'm finally back to sewing again.
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options
    I collect unique t-shirts,
    I collect unique t-shirts, but I like to wear them so my collection ebbs and flows as they wear out. My hobby is hiking, running, camping, backpacking, anything outside!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hearts
    My birthday is on Valentine's Day, so I've always collected hearts. Not that my whole house is filled with them, but I do have quite a bit of heart-shaped earrings and necklaces, and a few other odds and ends.

As far as hobbies go, I love reading, doing yoga (although I haven't been as regular about going as I should), watercolor painting (another hobby I haven't had the time to do in a while), and camping and fishing.

This is a fun thread - It's really interesting to see the variety of interests and talents we have in our little community!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options

Hearts
    My birthday is on Valentine's Day, so I've always collected hearts. Not that my whole house is filled with them, but I do have quite a bit of heart-shaped earrings and necklaces, and a few other odds and ends.

As far as hobbies go, I love reading, doing yoga (although I haven't been as regular about going as I should), watercolor painting (another hobby I haven't had the time to do in a while), and camping and fishing.

This is a fun thread - It's really interesting to see the variety of interests and talents we have in our little community!

Hobbies
    I don't collect many things, but I do have several hobbies that keep me occupied. I love knitting, especially fair isle and fisherman knits. I almost always have a project in progress. I also do leather work, with emphasis on carving and tooling. I haven't done much of that lately, but might get started again. I also enjoy cooking with my pressure cookers. Anything you want to know...just ask. Gracie
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

Hobbies
    I don't collect many things, but I do have several hobbies that keep me occupied. I love knitting, especially fair isle and fisherman knits. I almost always have a project in progress. I also do leather work, with emphasis on carving and tooling. I haven't done much of that lately, but might get started again. I also enjoy cooking with my pressure cookers. Anything you want to know...just ask. Gracie

Bellydancer here
    I grew up in dance -- tap when I was little, modern as a teen, jazz and modern in college -- but drifted away from it until 3 years ago, when I discovered bellydance classes at my local women's gym. Before my diagnosis last year, I was taking 2-3 classes a week, and had just started an advanced class at a dance studio with members of a local troupe -- I stood in the back and could barely keep up, but was loving the challenge.

And...those of you who remember my Compulsive Hat Buying during chemo will not be surprised to learn that I was loving the SHOPPING, too! A girl can never have too many hip scarves, veils, finger cymbals, bellydance music CDs, jingly anklets....

Since treatment, I've only been back to class a few times -- classes are in the evenings, and I'm still just not able to stay up that late. But my oncologist promises me that eventually my energy will return, and I'll be back shimmying and jingling and trying not to strangle myself with my veil! (there's nothing the least bit sexy about my trying to do veil -- it's more like, oh my goodness, does that poor girl need medical attention? :-)

Traci
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Collect
    I try not to collect anything that will become a dust collector, so I collect semi-precious gems, and a few precious gems if and when I can afford them. This way they sit in little containers tucked away.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Hobbies

Fabric!
    I love anything to do with textiles. I fabricate window coverings and soft furnishings for interior designers. My stash is out of control as are the number of sewing machines I own. I also do custom embroidery and monogramming - and I quilt. I'm learning to knit. These are the things that bring me joy - to create beautiful things.
    Suzanne
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    Precious Moments
    I collect Precious Moments. I have so many that I probably should stop collecting them and find something else. Owls. Also, I love to read, but for the past two years I could not concentrate enough to finish one book. Just this weekend I read an entire book, and went to Borders and bought four more!! Being able to concentrate again is a BIG milestone for me.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Kickie, I love this idea.
    Kickie, I love this idea. My hobbies are reading, everything from the daily newspaper to magazines and mainly novels. I like everything from fiction to decorating. I also love gardening and have decks full of hibiscus, palm trees and roses. I have also been addicted to exercise for some time now. I attend a Jazzercise center which is a 60-minute workout that incorporates cardio along with stretching and strength training. It is mainly a group of women and I have made some wonderful friends there. My goal is to attend at least 5 classes per week. So far, so good.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Nature lover
    I love feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Yesterday I bought a squirrel bungee feeder from Home Depot. This morning I woke up to comedy watching the squirrel feeding off it, jumping up and down. It was so cute. They're smart little animals. We have alot of cardinals and hummingbirds around too. I like to sit out on the patio swing in the morning and just watch and listen.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Nature lover
    I love feeding and watching the birds and squirrels. Yesterday I bought a squirrel bungee feeder from Home Depot. This morning I woke up to comedy watching the squirrel feeding off it, jumping up and down. It was so cute. They're smart little animals. We have alot of cardinals and hummingbirds around too. I like to sit out on the patio swing in the morning and just watch and listen.

I collect antique compacts.
    I collect antique compacts. I like to knit and right now I am doing embroidery blocks to make a quilt. I won't do the quilting part, my Mom will do that along with the quilting club. Her club meets in the old Independance School House. Which is a one room school house that my Mom actually went to!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

I collect antique compacts.
    I collect antique compacts. I like to knit and right now I am doing embroidery blocks to make a quilt. I won't do the quilting part, my Mom will do that along with the quilting club. Her club meets in the old Independance School House. Which is a one room school house that my Mom actually went to!

too many!!!
    I make quilts, I paint rocks -- I'm doing the alphabet for my grandkids, I'm making one thousand origami cranes. I collect glass doorknobs -- put 'em in the sun and they turn a beautiful purple.

But my passion is writing. Mostly short stories. That's the one thing I'm driven to do is write.

Oh, I wish I could retire!!!!

Victoria
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Hobbies:Horses;
    Hobbies:
    Horses; garden/yard; tatting; leather carving; upholstery;

Collections:
    Trail of the Painted Ponies; kerosene lamps; eagles, buffaloes, owls & penguins; old books; bits; rocks
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Wow
    ....Enjoyed reading about all the different interests....I love to read read read[my husband says I will read anything, including cereal boxes.haha} But I sure can relate I have been unable with this rotten chemo to read just looking at pictures in mags....But the thing that makes me smile when I have the energy is tap class..I said when I hit the big 50 I will be in the recital....Look out kids.....
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    Options
    collect and hobbies
    I like to collect merry go around and bears. My hobbies are crocheting, loom knitting and sewing. The thing I crochet and loom knitting items I donate to various charity. I also like to shop at goodwill stores

Barb
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Wow
    ....Enjoyed reading about all the different interests....I love to read read read[my husband says I will read anything, including cereal boxes.haha} But I sure can relate I have been unable with this rotten chemo to read just looking at pictures in mags....But the thing that makes me smile when I have the energy is tap class..I said when I hit the big 50 I will be in the recital....Look out kids.....

Can I be in the recital with you, waffle?
    True story:

When I was a kid, I grew like a puppy -- my feet grew way ahead of the rest of me. So, by the age of 12, I had size 9 feet. My grandmother wouldn't let me get adult tap shoes, because of the high heel, so I had size 9 flat, shiny patent-leather Mary Janes, with white velvet bows.

My feet never grew again -- I'm still a size 9. So I can still wear them, and yes, I still look adorable in them.

So I'm totally ready for our recital, waffle -- I'll bring my tap shoes!

Traci
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Can I be in the recital with you, waffle?
    True story:

When I was a kid, I grew like a puppy -- my feet grew way ahead of the rest of me. So, by the age of 12, I had size 9 feet. My grandmother wouldn't let me get adult tap shoes, because of the high heel, so I had size 9 flat, shiny patent-leather Mary Janes, with white velvet bows.

My feet never grew again -- I'm still a size 9. So I can still wear them, and yes, I still look adorable in them.

So I'm totally ready for our recital, waffle -- I'll bring my tap shoes!

Traci

hey cousin traci you and
    hey cousin traci you and waffle need to make room for me at the recital. I think I may still have a pair of tap shoes somewhere around here. Shuffle, hop, step, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle off to buffalo.
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    natly15 said:

hey cousin traci you and
    hey cousin traci you and waffle need to make room for me at the recital. I think I may still have a pair of tap shoes somewhere around here. Shuffle, hop, step, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle off to buffalo.

Smiling
    You guys are speaking my language, keep it simple though shuffle hop step ...... Plenty of room on stage....I am shuffling off to sleep now...Thanks for making me laugh it was just what I needed today.....