OMG!!!!!!!!! I Love Lightning Bugs!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))

13»

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Kimosabe said:

Very cool! Bravo to hubby.
    Very cool! Bravo to hubby. :)

What a darling husband you
    What a darling husband you have Ritzy! That was so romantic! Made me misty eyed too!

Thanks for sharing your romantic evening with us!

Hugs, Angie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Kimosabe said:

The dreaded double post LOL
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

How Romantic!
    Dear Sue,

Your husband's deed and words are very romantic. There is nothing corny about them. I know you will always treasure that wonderful memory. I love to hear how thoughtful and clever our mates are, especially during these difficult times.

Have a great 4th of July.

Different Ballgame

Yes Janelle, our hubbys do
    Yes Janelle, our hubbys do become so much more clever and thoughtful for us, don't they.

Thank goodness! LOL

Hope you had a great holiday weekend.

How are you doing on Weight Watchers, or, are you still in the program?

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I just LOVE a romantic.
    I just LOVE a romantic. Yes, you definately got a "keeper". Thanks for sharing your special moment, it was very touching.

Thanks MyTurnNow! Yep, I
    Thanks MyTurnNow! Yep, I think he is a keeper!

So happy you enjoyed it!

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Angie2U said:

The dreaded double post LOL

What a wonderful and
    What a wonderful and romantic hubby you have Sue!

Your night with the circle of light sounds awesome!

You are very blessed to have your husband show you how much he loves you in such a beautiful way.

Hugs to you and give him one from me too!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Kimosabe said:

Just wanted you to know
    Just wanted you to know Ritzy that I showed my husband your post and later that evening, he went outside and brought in a jar with one little lightning bug for me. He said it wasn't as great as the lightning bug ring that your husband made for you, but, he wanted me to know how much he loved me too. How great was that!

Hugs, Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Just wanted you to know
    Just wanted you to know Ritzy that I showed my husband your post and later that evening, he went outside and brought in a jar with one little lightning bug for me. He said it wasn't as great as the lightning bug ring that your husband made for you, but, he wanted me to know how much he loved me too. How great was that!

Hugs, Jan

I guess we California's -- don't have lightning bugs
    .. I hope to see some captured in a jar for me, as well. I might have to send my husband out of state to find them!

Enjoy the love shown by all your loved ones !

Vicki Sam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

I guess we California's -- don't have lightning bugs
    .. I hope to see some captured in a jar for me, as well. I might have to send my husband out of state to find them!

Enjoy the love shown by all your loved ones !

Vicki Sam

A Love Story!
    I haven't been on in awhile and this really attracted my attention. Little did I know that I would be reading a love story!

How absolutely sweet and romantic! What a guy you are married to! He not only loves you, but, he isn't afraid to show it!

I got a big smile with a big old crocodile tear when I read this!

You two enjoy that lightning bug ring in your memory forever! Not sure I will ever forget about it either!

Thanks Ritzy for sharing this sweet nite with us!

I want a lightning bug ring now! haha

♥ Noel
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    dyaneb123 said:

That's very sweet Ritzy!
    That's very sweet Ritzy! Here in the Smokies we have some "synchonomous" lighting bugs...they synchronize their flash so that they all flash in unison...people go to a certain area of the park and sit and watch them flash ...but it only happens for a few weeks in June...very cool....

Dyaneb, those lightning bugs
    Dyaneb, those lightning bugs do sound pretty awesome. Does everyone in your area know about them, cause I would think that park would be full the whole month of June.

I would love to see that.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    m-star said:

Aw that is so sweet and
    Aw that is so sweet and romantic!!!

my hub would never even THINK to do a gesture like that! =(

He'd maybe throw a spider at me-a live one-but that it LOL

Dont think we get lightening bugs here in the UK. we get thunder bugs and they're a tiny black beetle and they bite! =0

This is the cutest, most romantic night you had Ritzy that I could imagine!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

awww Ritzy
    How sweet!

Love Ronda

I had my husband read this
    I had my husband read this post and he did try to give me a lightning ring too, but, it didn't quite work out Ritzy! I don't think your nite can be copied or matched!

Anytime I see a lightning bug now though, I smile just because of you!

♥ Noel
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Noel said:

A Love Story!
    I haven't been on in awhile and this really attracted my attention. Little did I know that I would be reading a love story!

How absolutely sweet and romantic! What a guy you are married to! He not only loves you, but, he isn't afraid to show it!

You two enjoy that lightning bug ring in your memory forever! Not sure I will ever forget about it either!

♥ Noel

Wow how Sweet
    I have'nt seen

Wow how Sweet
    I have'nt seen a lightning bug in years, sence I was a little girl.
    My sisters and I would catch them in a jar also.
    What a sweet man you have.
    Thank You for your romantic story, and take care of yourself.
    Karie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Noel said:

A Love Story!

♥ Noel

I love what you wrote Noel.
    I love what you wrote Noel. It is a love story! Still love this post!

Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Ritzy said:

Thanks New Flower! It is
    Thanks New Flower! It is not the "norm" in regards to giving someone you love something. But, it is the absolute best way, in my estimation. Totally unplanned, totally surprised, and, totally different. I am still beaming from it.

Unfortunately, I had to wash my finger :( But, we took pics of it, so, I can always look at my pics of that wonderful lightning bug filled night and the gift I will always treasure.

I agree Ritzy. It is the
    I agree Ritzy. It is the surprises that can take our breath away more than if it is planned. Still waiting for another magical nite from you. Love reading these posts!