OMG!!!!!!!!! I Love Lightning Bugs!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    chenheart said:

I think its time for you to
    I think its time for you to find a Lightning Bug as your avatar~ I am smiling so large at your story! Especially the "squished" part! Not that it isn't on some levels gross! It's just that evokes a mental picture of Kindergartners first crush and all of its heart-pounding glory, made all the better with you two being all grown up!

Lovely, romantic, spontaneous, and everlasting~ it truly doesn't get any better than that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I love this! What a
    I love this! What a romantic special man you have! He sure loves you Ritzy!

You are very lucky!

Hugs, Megan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Marcia527 said:

We had lightning bugs in the
    We had lightning bugs in the midwest too! We'd catch them in jars and put grass in for them to eat-we were just kids. Then we'd let them go too. I haven't seen them here in Texas.

I didn't know what that was
    I didn't know what that was in Marcia's picture either. haha
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Cat64 said:

Me2!
    Wow! What a story! Thanks Sue for sharing this. That was such a heartfelt and loving thing for your Hubby to do and say! I can feel the love... (Even though they got squished)You definetely have a One-in-a Million! A treasurable moment for sure.
    We had LB's in Indiana when I was a child. We see a few from time to time here in Florida. They do bring back such fond memories of childhood & always bring a smile to your face. I too remember catching them in a jar with my brothers. We used them for a nightlight while camping out in the backyard. Sometimes it was great to just lay back in the grass and see how many there were lighting up the sky. Ahh....the simple days.
    ♥ Cat
    P.S. This also made me think of how many times I would catch a caterpillar in hopes of seeing it turn into a butterfly. They were mostly black & orange striped. Never got any farther than the cacoon.

Thanks Cat and Different
    Thanks Cat and Different Ballgame!

So, you used them for a nightlight when camping Cat? lol I love that!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    natly15 said:

This is not corny. I loved
    This is not corny. I loved reading it. Just goes to show how much you mean to that man in your life. You are so blessed you tail wagging Ritzy kitty kat. Sounds like something out of a romance novel. I remember catching lightening bugs when I was kid, but no one ever gave me a lightening bug ring. So sweet!

Corny? I think this is the
    Corny? I think this is the sweetest story I have read in I don't know how long!

Your husband gave you a priceless gift! What a guy!

Thanks for sharing this Sue!

Hugs, Diane
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    how sweet!
    this is without a doubt one of the sweetest, most romantic post. . .what a wonderful guy!
  • Ritzy
    sea60 said:

I'm touched!
    You are truly blessed to have a man who loves you so much!!

Reading this made me misty eyed!

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story.

Blessings to you both ;)

Syl

Awwwww Syl...sorry it made
    Awwwww Syl...sorry it made you misty eyed. Ofcourse, I bawled like a baby when he did it and said what he did. So, who am I to talk? lol

Blessings to you too!

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

How Romantic!
    Dear Sue,

Your husband's deed and words are very romantic. There is nothing corny about them. I know you will always treasure that wonderful memory. I love to hear how thoughtful and clever our mates are, especially during these difficult times.

Have a great 4th of July.

Different Ballgame

How sweet!
    What a hubby you have Ritzy! That is so sweet and so romantic what he did and said to you!

You certainly have a husband that shows you his love and that is so wonderful!

Happy 4th to you and him!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Glow of Love
    It's amazing how just little things warm the heart so much. Your hubby is just one of the good guys.

WOW!
    Nothing gross or corny about this Ritzy! Besides your ever so fast swinging tail always making me smile, your summer evening adventure with the lightning bugs and what your sweet husband did and said, put a huge smile on my face!

I used to catch them too and put them in a jar and just be amazed by their light.

Thanks for the memory too and for the beautiful moment your husband and you shared.

Have a great 4th of July!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    That's very sweet Ritzy!
    That's very sweet Ritzy! Here in the Smokies we have some "synchonomous" lighting bugs...they synchronize their flash so that they all flash in unison...people go to a certain area of the park and sit and watch them flash ...but it only happens for a few weeks in June...very cool....
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

That's very sweet Ritzy!
    That's very sweet Ritzy! Here in the Smokies we have some "synchonomous" lighting bugs...they synchronize their flash so that they all flash in unison...people go to a certain area of the park and sit and watch them flash ...but it only happens for a few weeks in June...very cool....

Yes, we do!!
    We DO have lightning bugs in Texas....for some reason not as many as I remember as a kid. Probably is an environmental thing going on because we have so much agriculture...who knows. But, we do have them.

You're hubby is a keeper, Ritzy. Sounds like a very sweet man..
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Member Posts: 43
    Very cool! Bravo to hubby.
    Very cool! Bravo to hubby. :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    heidijez said:

how sweet!
    this is without a doubt one of the sweetest, most romantic post. . .what a wonderful guy!

Very romantic!
    What a really, really romantic and touching thing your husband did! He is amazing Ritzy!

I will never look at a firefly again without thinking of this.

Thanks for telling this to us! What a sweet, wonderful husband you have!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Kimosabe said:

Very cool! Bravo to hubby.
    Very cool! Bravo to hubby. :)

Sue
    it is a very romantic story!. You are so lucky to have man who could express his love in such extraordinary way!
    New Flower
  • Ritzy

Sue
    it is a very romantic story!. You are so lucky to have man who could express his love in such extraordinary way!
    New Flower

Thanks New Flower! It is
    Thanks New Flower! It is not the "norm" in regards to giving someone you love something. But, it is the absolute best way, in my estimation. Totally unplanned, totally surprised, and, totally different. I am still beaming from it.

Unfortunately, I had to wash my finger :( But, we took pics of it, so, I can always look at my pics of that wonderful lightning bug filled night and the gift I will always treasure.

• m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Ritzy said:

Thanks New Flower! It is
    Thanks New Flower! It is not the "norm" in regards to giving someone you love something. But, it is the absolute best way, in my estimation. Totally unplanned, totally surprised, and, totally different. I am still beaming from it.

Unfortunately, I had to wash my finger :( But, we took pics of it, so, I can always look at my pics of that wonderful lightning bug filled night and the gift I will always treasure.

Aw that is so sweet and
    Aw that is so sweet and romantic!!!

my hub would never even THINK to do a gesture like that! =(

He'd maybe throw a spider at me-a live one-but that it LOL

Dont think we get lightening bugs here in the UK. we get thunder bugs and they're a tiny black beetle and they bite! =0
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Ritzy said:

Thanks New Flower! It is

Glad that you got pics
    Glad that you got pics Ritzy! And, glad you finally washed your finger. LOL

Hugs, Debby
  • Ritzy
    m-star said:

Aw that is so sweet and

Dont think we get lightening bugs here in the UK. we get thunder bugs and they're a tiny black beetle and they bite! =0

LOL mstar!

LOL mstar!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    m-star said:

Aw that is so sweet and

That is funny mstar. That
    That is funny mstar. That is what my hubby would do too!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

That's very sweet Ritzy!

This is so romantic Ritzy!
    This is so romantic Ritzy! Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart that loves you a lot. Love lightning bugs too!

Hugs, Jan
  • Ritzy
    dyaneb123 said:

That's very sweet Ritzy!

OMG Deb, that really sounds
    OMG Deb, that really sounds so cool! I never heard of that!