Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    m-star said:

i had prophylactic bilateral
    i had prophylactic bilateral mastectomy with immediate tissue expanders and was in 3 nights/3 1/2 days. No way was i ready to come out before that time physically. And my surgery went very well.

I'd stay as long as your insurance will pay for. Def 2 nights minimum in case of any complications from anaesthetic etc.

Good luck

It all depends on the state you live in and your
    insurance coverage. Most States want you out in 23 hours - same here in California. However, if there is lymph node removal - testing for cancer involvement -- 3 to 4 days is the max.

Of course this all changes .. if you run a fever, allergic to med's .. infection and so. I was in the hopital 4 days .. allergy to PCN given to me. lymph nodes came out negative, I could of stayed another day .. I opted to get out of the hospital. I agree with m-star - min. of 2 nights should be the rule of thumb.

Kudos to all of you WOMEN in PINK that were release in 24 hours...

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    m-star said:

i had prophylactic bilateral
    i had prophylactic bilateral mastectomy with immediate tissue expanders and was in 3 nights/3 1/2 days. No way was i ready to come out before that time physically. And my surgery went very well.

I'd stay as long as your insurance will pay for. Def 2 nights minimum in case of any complications from anaesthetic etc.

Good luck

Wishing you good luck Menda
    Wishing you good luck Menda with your surgery!

Hugs, Debby
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Menda
    I had a bilaternal mastectomy, reconstruction started (tissue expanders with some saline), and 13 lymph nodes removed. I stayed one night in the hospital and was released late morning the next day. I did feel that I was ready to come home, so it's not like they kicked me out. Good luck to you and keep in touch.