just found out- Chemo starts this Friday!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Party in the shade
    In addition to the good ideas here, I'd add that you ought to stay out of the sun. I got a nasty rash from walking in the sun after my first chemo. The onc said extra amounts of sunscreen should prevent it, but I think you shouldn't chance it, plus sun wears you out. And, no beer or alcohol, of course.

I'd say go if you feel like it, but don't do any more than you feel like. You might want to have access to a ride home if/when you need to leave.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Sorry to hear you'll have to
    Sorry to hear you'll have to do chemo. Did you end up in the study? I had same type of chemo..Had a lot of nausea but felt better by day 3.. But of course everyone is different..
    So hope you'll be able to attend your party.....Blessings...

Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with chemo.

Hugs, megan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Thanks Waffle, Yes I am in
    Thanks Waffle, Yes I am in the study, I feel really good about it. How long did it take for your hair to start coming out? Did it cause weight gain? I am now running around like crazy! I didn't know it would start in 4 days!

What study are you in
    What study are you in tulsamom?
  • TulsaMomof3
    TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Party in the shade
    In addition to the good ideas here, I'd add that you ought to stay out of the sun. I got a nasty rash from walking in the sun after my first chemo. The onc said extra amounts of sunscreen should prevent it, but I think you shouldn't chance it, plus sun wears you out. And, no beer or alcohol, of course.

I'd say go if you feel like it, but don't do any more than you feel like. You might want to have access to a ride home if/when you need to leave.

Had a good time!
    Well today is day 5, I went to the the 4th of July party and had a good time. I mostly hung out in a chair but it was nice. So far my side effects have been that funky taste in my mouth a little constipation and some body aches and fatigue. Nothing unbearable but just enough to know somethings off. So now that it is Day 5... should I be on the other side and see things improve until my next TC in 2 weeks?
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Tulsa
    Hope you're doing well. Chemo will fly by, but it's hell going through it. Some have effects worse than others. I was weak, stomach ache but no nausea. I couldn't eat milk products. I had the shot for white blood cells too which made me very achy. By day seven, I was on the rebound feeling better. I'm finished with chemo since January and finished rads in May. Feeling good again. Good luck, you'll get through it,too.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Had a good time!
    Well today is day 5, I went to the the 4th of July party and had a good time. I mostly hung out in a chair but it was nice. So far my side effects have been that funky taste in my mouth a little constipation and some body aches and fatigue. Nothing unbearable but just enough to know somethings off. So now that it is Day 5... should I be on the other side and see things improve until my next TC in 2 weeks?

Yea for the party
    Yea for you, enjoying the party! I used Metamucil in capsule form all during chemo and it kept the constipation away. Some say sucking on a lemon helps cut the yucky taste in the mouth. It's all so individual, it's hard to say if your side effects will get better now. I got more tired through the cycle. From what I read here, though, most people get peppier. I hope you do!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Had a good time!

Glad you got to enjoy the
    Glad you got to enjoy the 4th with minimal side effects.

Praying the rest of your chemo will go easier for you!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

TulsaMom, I had the exact
    TulsaMom, I had the exact same cocktail and for the same duration. Will you also have the Nuelasta shot the day after your infusion? I had my treatments on Thursday, went back on Friday for the Nuelasta shot and really seemed to tolerate it pretty well. I did drink a lot of water and had no nausea at all. The Nuelasta shot caused some bone pain in my lower back and legs but was not too bad and I was able to control it with Extra Strength Tylenol. This typically started on Sunday evening. I continued to exercise throughout my treatment. I'll be the first to admit that some days were better than others but I also believe that the exercise helped to maintain my energy level. We are all different and I hope that you will tolerate these chemicals well. I do think you will be able to attend your 4th of July party. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck!
    I didn't take chemo, but, hope you get along well with it, with no side effects.

Sue :)
  • dobro50
    dobro50 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Wishing you all the best!
    I'm right behind you! I'm suppose to start hopefully by next week, for a total of 8 rounds, 2 weeks apart. There is one posting, I think it's titled Chemo side effects, which was very helpful. We will all experience different side effects (and hopefully not much at all), but I really got a lot of helpful information out of that posting, so I feel better prepared for any side effects that I might have.
    I hope all goes well in your road to recovery!

chemo
    Hi I was wondering what your eight rounds of chemo are. I have to do 4 rounds of AC; one oncol said taxol x12 another likes taxol x4. ANy advice.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Had a good time!

Glad to read you had a good
    Glad to read you had a good time and that your side effects were bearable. I hope you improve and that your side effects subside completely.

Keep us updated!