Best radiation burn creams?

Options
13»

Comments

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor good so far

My husband did 22nd of 33 scheduled radiations today.  The technician commented on good condition of skin...  even better, he reports no burning sensation.  He applied Aquaphor after each treatment, right from the start.  Slathers it on pretty good.  It looks shiny and  greasy, but is having great outcome so far.  

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Domboro Soaks

My husband had terrible radiation burns on his neck.  He used something called Domboro soaks and it worked really well.  It's a powder you mix with water then soak gauze pads.  Place the gauze pads on the burned area for 10 - 20 minutes (whatever it says on the package).  You can get it at any pharmacy.

• Eye of the hurricane
    Options
    Chinasilk said:

The Best Radiation Cream - Miaderm
    The best radiation cream for me was called, Miaderm, you can only order online at their web site at http://www.miaderm.com. I went through 35 sessions of radiation last June, and I was the only patient in the department (Northwestern, Chicago) who didn't get burn for Head and Neck treatment, only a little flaky skin at the end for 3 days. You have to start 2 weeks before the treatment and use it very religiously twice a day, and continue for 2 weeks after the treatment. The nurses were so impressed with my skin condition that they have since call the rep and start to recommend to all radiation patients. I've recommend to several people, and they all told me it's been helping them even though some are in the middle of the treatments already.

Miaderm

Did you use the miaderm with lidocaine in it?  Their website has regular miaderm and a 4% lidocaine miaderm. Don’t know if one would be better than the other or respond differently to the radiation. Thanks.