Radiation Time!

124»

Comments

• KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    rene9 said:

Another Update-
    Going into week 4 of rads. Still haven't used any creams or anything. My skin is the same and still hasn't turned dark in the radiation area. No discomfort with the expanders. Keeping my fingers crossed all continues to go well for the next 2 weeks! Have a great week everyone!

rene9

Good going
    Fantastic, you are doing great and only two weeks to go. Amazing that you haven't needed the ointments but you might just use them proactively to keep your skin baby soft and smooth.Have a wonderful holiday weekend and hang in there Pink Warrior.
    Hugs, K
  • KayNYC
    geobarb22 said:

rene9 - I just finished chemo and start radiation next week. I have 1/2-inch peach fuzz for hair and am anxiously anticipating hair growth also. I am so happy to be done with chemo, I am actually looking forward to starting radiation. I just want to be done. Wish you the best!

Congrats on finishing chemo
    Dear Geobarb,
    Congrats on your progress on your journey. Drink plenty of fluids, get extra sleep, eat a healthy diet and use those creams/ointments provided by your Rad Onc. Wishing you speedy and an uneventful course of rads.
    Hugs, K
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    geobarb22 said:

rene9 - I just finished chemo and start radiation next week. I have 1/2-inch peach fuzz for hair and am anxiously anticipating hair growth also. I am so happy to be done with chemo, I am actually looking forward to starting radiation. I just want to be done. Wish you the best!

Congrats to you geobarf on
    Congrats to you geobarf on finishing chemo! That is great!

And, good luck to you with rads.

There is a long post here on Radiation Treatment Answers and Questions. It might help you some. Let me know and I can bump it up for you to read.

KYLEZ ♥
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Kylez said:

Congrats to you geobarf on
    Congrats to you geobarf on finishing chemo! That is great!

And, good luck to you with rads.

There is a long post here on Radiation Treatment Answers and Questions. It might help you some. Let me know and I can bump it up for you to read.

KYLEZ ♥

Almost done-
    I am almost done. I still haven't used any creams, no burns or irritation or itching. Just a little dark. I have 5 more rads next week! I saw my plastic surgeon this morning and he said my expander looks great and he'll see me back in 2 months. I also saw my oncologist Wednesday. I will have my port taken out when I have the exchange since I'll already be asleep. And this morning I took my first tamoxifen. I'm getting through this process!

rene9
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    rene9 said:

Almost done-
    I am almost done. I still haven't used any creams, no burns or irritation or itching. Just a little dark. I have 5 more rads next week! I saw my plastic surgeon this morning and he said my expander looks great and he'll see me back in 2 months. I also saw my oncologist Wednesday. I will have my port taken out when I have the exchange since I'll already be asleep. And this morning I took my first tamoxifen. I'm getting through this process!

rene9

I still can't believe that
    I still can't believe that you have used no creams and are doing so well, but, I am very happy for you. I have just never heard of this before.

Only 5 to go? We will all celebrate next week with you when you finish!

You are getting through the treatments rene!

Good luck,

Angie
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Angie2U said:

I still can't believe that
    I still can't believe that you have used no creams and are doing so well, but, I am very happy for you. I have just never heard of this before.

Only 5 to go? We will all celebrate next week with you when you finish!

You are getting through the treatments rene!

Good luck,

Angie

Thx!
    Thx! I can't wait until next Friday!!!

rene9
  • KayNYC
    rene9 said:

Thx!
    Thx! I can't wait until next Friday!!!

rene9

time sure flies
    You are almost a Rad Grad. I know you must be looking forward to completion of your rad tx. Hang in there and you will be looking for more fun things to do with the time it takes for you to get to and from rad tx.
    Hugs. K