Pizza, The Miracle Drug?

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So I have a new theory to share with you all.

Since finishing chemo, not only have my periods come back just like before, but the PMS that comes with them, too. Yesterday, I was just raging PMS -- I hated everything and everyone. And I was craving pizza like a madwoman.

So I ordered pizza all for me, ate way more than I should've...and did I ever feel better!

So follow me here:

Pizza made my PMS all better.

PMS is caused by hormones.

My hot flashes from the Tamoxifen are caused by hormones.

So, if I just eat pizza every day for the next 5 years, maybe I won't have hot flashes anymore?

Thoughts? Anyone willing to back me up on this?

:-) Traci

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    You are probably right! You
    You are probably right! You won't have hot flashes, but you will have elevated weight, blood pressure and cholesterol LOL LOL...somehow, you looking like the Michelin Tire Man just isn't right!!! Not that I would even think of telling you how you should live, or anything! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

You are probably right! You won't have hot flashes, but you will have elevated weight, blood pressure and cholesterol LOL LOL...somehow, you looking like the Michelin Tire Man just isn't right!!! Not that I would even think of telling you how you should live, or anything! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You are so funny Traci! I
    You are so funny Traci! I love pizza! I think it cures everything actually! LOL
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Oh, yes!
    I most definitely think so, ms. traci! Makes perfect sense to me, but I have have to add chocolate to the mix, organic, no soy, of course! :)
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Options

Oh, yes!
    I most definitely think so, ms. traci! Makes perfect sense to me, but I have have to add chocolate to the mix, organic, no soy, of course! :)

Pizza is my ultimate food
    Pizza is my ultimate food (alongside chinese!) so if there was ever a good reason to eat it, PMS is it!!!!

I would rather do without ANY other food other than pizza! yup,even chocolate! (ummm...ok....maybe not really dark chocolate).

Go for it Tracy! If it makes you feel good-eat it =D
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    m-star said:

Pizza is my ultimate food
    Pizza is my ultimate food (alongside chinese!) so if there was ever a good reason to eat it, PMS is it!!!!

I would rather do without ANY other food other than pizza! yup,even chocolate! (ummm...ok....maybe not really dark chocolate).

Go for it Tracy! If it makes you feel good-eat it =D

Pizza is my fave food and i
    Pizza is my fave food and i always feel better when i eat it, so you may be on to something! If you ever want some real good pizza, you have to come to Philadelphia. I will be eating pizza all weekend at the Jersey shore. Enjoy
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    it's the little things!
    it's the little things that bring us much joy - so if eating pizza makes you feel good, i say why not!?! throw a little dark chocolate into your meal and it's perfect ; )
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    mmmmm-pizza!!!
    Because of my treatment-induced lactose intollerance, more than one slice is out of the question...sigh...and I used to be able to eat a whole pie!!!

Now, if you want to talk chocolate...isn't it the 5th food group?????

I LOVE your attitude...do what ever it takes, like the Cheerios commercial says!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Aw, mom Chen....MUST I eat my vegies????
    I'm so proud! I was weighed at my yearly the other day, and my weight is the 'perfect number' for my height, according to the BMI charts....YEA!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(BTW, the hot flashes from the Tamoxifen WILL get better! I'm over 4 years into it, and I have none!)
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options
    haha
    LOL!! Cracked me up! Incidentally, my husband complained of my crabbiness last night and said, "Jeez are you on your period or something?" and it just so happens we're going out for pizza later today. Ha! :D we shall see what happens....
  • TraciInLA
    Options

haha
    LOL!! Cracked me up! Incidentally, my husband complained of my crabbiness last night and said, "Jeez are you on your period or something?" and it just so happens we're going out for pizza later today. Ha! :D we shall see what happens....

Our very own "clinical trial"!
    So, Emily, you and I can form our very own "clinical trial" on The Effectiveness of Pizza Therapy!

And...[sigh]...Claudia...I'm so disappointed -- I really thought you were more accepting of "alternative lifestyles." ;-)

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Our very own "clinical trial"!
    So, Emily, you and I can form our very own "clinical trial" on The Effectiveness of Pizza Therapy!

And...[sigh]...Claudia...I'm so disappointed -- I really thought you were more accepting of "alternative lifestyles." ;-)

If Life Isn't a Cabaret, it may as well be a Trattoria!
    If you don't ask me about eating Pizza, I promise I won't tell what I think about it!! I am sooo accepting of "alternative lifestyles" that I don't even think a focus group or committee needs to be formed~ we can all dine from the Smorgasbord of Life to our hearts content! There is plenty of variety to satisfy the tastes of all of us! ;-)

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I think your theory is sound
    I think your theory is sound and we should all try it right away!!!
    PIZZA HUT Here we come..
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Pizza
    Eating it as I type...Whats not to love.....But I have a complaint why didn't my period go away with my chemo treatments? I was so looking forward to that and losing my underarm hair...But neither happened......Oh well...Enjoy everything in moderation is my motto.....
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I think your theory is sound
    I think your theory is sound and we should all try it right away!!!
    PIZZA HUT Here we come..

unfortunately witht he bum
    unfortunately witht he bum surgery cheese/pizza are out of the question. I Look forward to vicariously living through you, sorta like a peeping Tom. I look forward to the results of your research.
  • TraciInLA
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Pizza
    Eating it as I type...Whats not to love.....But I have a complaint why didn't my period go away with my chemo treatments? I was so looking forward to that and losing my underarm hair...But neither happened......Oh well...Enjoy everything in moderation is my motto.....

Chemo-induced menopause
    Waffle,

My oncologist told me that, the closer you are to natural menopause when you do chemo, the more likely it is that chemo may push you into it. Conversely, the farther away you are, the less likely that it will happen.

He also said the number of chemo treatments can be a factor -- more chemo makes menopause more likely, less chemo less likely.

So, in my case, menopause was just a dream: I was only 40 when I did chemo, and did only 4 rounds. Aunt Flo came back for her monthly visits 2 days before my last round. >:-(

Traci
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Chemo-induced menopause
    Waffle,

My oncologist told me that, the closer you are to natural menopause when you do chemo, the more likely it is that chemo may push you into it. Conversely, the farther away you are, the less likely that it will happen.

He also said the number of chemo treatments can be a factor -- more chemo makes menopause more likely, less chemo less likely.

So, in my case, menopause was just a dream: I was only 40 when I did chemo, and did only 4 rounds. Aunt Flo came back for her monthly visits 2 days before my last round. >:-(

Traci

PIZZA
    Hey

I want in on the Pizza trial too!!When I was taking chemo every 3 weeks, the last
    week was when my taste buds would come back around and all I wanted was pizza. In the
    town not too far from home was ALL YOU COULD EAT FOR 4.99 pizza place so I don't have to
    say where we ate at. It was pizza and salad!!!! lol

ARKANSASGIRL
  • TraciInLA
    Options

PIZZA
    Hey

I want in on the Pizza trial too!!When I was taking chemo every 3 weeks, the last
    week was when my taste buds would come back around and all I wanted was pizza. In the
    town not too far from home was ALL YOU COULD EAT FOR 4.99 pizza place so I don't have to
    say where we ate at. It was pizza and salad!!!! lol

ARKANSASGIRL

OMG, ArkansasGirl!
    Please don't give me any ideas!

I can just see my oncologist's disapproving look about a month from now, as he's standing over me in the emergency room, and I'm explaining to him that I'm there because I was raging PMS and found an ALL YOU CAN EAT pizza place!

• Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Pizza????
    What is it about pizza, chocolate, and beer? Happy foods? Indorfin high from over active salavari glands? What ever works and as my husband says "What ever Lola wants."
  • KathiM
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

OMG, ArkansasGirl!
    Please don't give me any ideas!

I can just see my oncologist's disapproving look about a month from now, as he's standing over me in the emergency room, and I'm explaining to him that I'm there because I was raging PMS and found an ALL YOU CAN EAT pizza place!

Sorry, Traci.....
    There is a pizza place near you in LA that I see on the TV...can't remember the exact name Cici's or something like that...a pizza buffet!!! ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options
    KathiM said:

Sorry, Traci.....
    There is a pizza place near you in LA that I see on the TV...can't remember the exact name Cici's or something like that...a pizza buffet!!! ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi

Cici's is where I went the
    Cici's is where I went the other day haha! Worked wonders! I think I may have to get a long term prescription for that particular medicine ;)