Hairloss 911

Options
13»

Comments

• Adventures in Chemoland
    Options
    Hair Loss 911
    Here's a few things I wish I'd known sooner. 1)The little cotton knit caps are a great base to tie your scarf around and also assure good "coverage". I have one in each of the main colors in my wardrobe. TLC and Topsy Turban, among others, have reasonable prices. Hancock's Fabrics has a free pattern online. Then I can just tie the scarf in the back, or use a coordinating scrunchie instead of a knot. No fancy tying skills required. 2) Scarves can be expensive. I buy 1/4 yard of 45-60 inch fabric instead. Many fabric stores have great coupons. I rarely spend more than $2.00, often much less, and have everything from lace to gorgeous rich stuff to silly stuff. I was concerned about the cut edges being messy, but it hasn't been a problem. 3) T-shirt turbans can be cheap and versatile! Try to attend a Look Good Feel Better workshop for a demonstration. It's easier to understand in person. I went to a thrift store on half-off day and bought 15 t-shirts for $7.00. Now I have 15 colors of t-shirt turbans that are already worn soft. You can wear them as they are, or thread a scarf or fabric through them for a dressier look. 4) Cut a few inches off the discarded sleeves of your t-shirt turbans for excellent head bands. I wear them under hats and scarves for color,coverage, and to diminish slippage. Finding these inexpensive ways to accessorize my head has been a real boost. It gives me something fun to do, takes virtually no skill or time and makes me feel better on bad days. Hope you (or anyone else) find this helpful.

Gale, currently Adventuring in Chemoland
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Hair Loss 911
    Here's a few things I wish I'd known sooner. 1)The little cotton knit caps are a great base to tie your scarf around and also assure good "coverage". I have one in each of the main colors in my wardrobe. TLC and Topsy Turban, among others, have reasonable prices. Hancock's Fabrics has a free pattern online. Then I can just tie the scarf in the back, or use a coordinating scrunchie instead of a knot. No fancy tying skills required. 2) Scarves can be expensive. I buy 1/4 yard of 45-60 inch fabric instead. Many fabric stores have great coupons. I rarely spend more than $2.00, often much less, and have everything from lace to gorgeous rich stuff to silly stuff. I was concerned about the cut edges being messy, but it hasn't been a problem. 3) T-shirt turbans can be cheap and versatile! Try to attend a Look Good Feel Better workshop for a demonstration. It's easier to understand in person. I went to a thrift store on half-off day and bought 15 t-shirts for $7.00. Now I have 15 colors of t-shirt turbans that are already worn soft. You can wear them as they are, or thread a scarf or fabric through them for a dressier look. 4) Cut a few inches off the discarded sleeves of your t-shirt turbans for excellent head bands. I wear them under hats and scarves for color,coverage, and to diminish slippage. Finding these inexpensive ways to accessorize my head has been a real boost. It gives me something fun to do, takes virtually no skill or time and makes me feel better on bad days. Hope you (or anyone else) find this helpful.

Gale, currently Adventuring in Chemoland

Great info
    Gale, this is super info. Thanks for sharing it. You should work for Look Good Feel Better.