2»

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    JocelynR said:

Personal Message

Dear Sue

I can't find any message from you?  I've looked in "In Box" and "About Me" and see nothing, am I being stupid?

I am not very good with the internet and websites

I might just give up as I found it very depressing that the people that were interacting on this site in 2010 have passed, so the chemo and treatments didn't work for them presumably. It is not encouraging me to be positive about mine, since I'm already in very negative state as it is.

Kindest regards - Jocelyn

No, you're not stupid

New web sites can be hard to navigate. 

You can do two things. First: Scroll to the top of this page and hit the link Colorectal Cancer (It comes after CSN Home > Cancer specific > Colorectal Cancer)

That should take you to the Colorectal Cancer forum.

On the top left, just below Search by Keywork & Colorectal Cancer, you will see Post new Froum topic in blue. Hit that, and viola, you are good to go. 

Or just hit this link http://csn.cancer.org/forum/128  which should take you to the CRC page. 

Good luck!

Sue - Trubrit

• AlesScarpa
    AlesScarpa Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Lacrimal gland pain

I was warned about neuropathy in hands, feet and mouth, but did not expect pain in my salivary glands and much less in my eyes! Somebody sent me one of those tearjerker videos and as my eyes started to tear up I got a strong pang of pain. It later happened again when I put my contacts in and of course when I took them out.  It feels like the salivary glands but it in the eyes! Has anybody experienced this? 

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    welcome

Dear AlesScarpa - this is an older thread with some friends no longer with us.  It would be helpful to start a new thread and introduce yourself.  You'll get more response that way.  Thanks, Traci

PS Yes I have experienced pain when crying as well as my salivary glands.  It is worse right after infusion and gets better with time.

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Lacrimal gland pain

I was warned about neuropathy in hands, feet and mouth, but did not expect pain in my salivary glands and much less in my eyes! Somebody sent me one of those tearjerker videos and as my eyes started to tear up I got a strong pang of pain. It later happened again when I put my contacts in and of course when I took them out.  It feels like the salivary glands but it in the eyes! Has anybody experienced this? 

Eye pain from chemo

I had alot of eye pain with the Oxaliplatin too.  It was awful because if I cried or even felt like crying, I had so much pain in my eyes.  It was really hard because I was frequently sad during those first few rounds of chemo.  I had 8 rounds of Oxaliplatin which finished in July 20-16 and have not had the same problems since.

I also experienced problems with my vision and got a new prescription for glasses after just a few rounds of chemo.  That prescription is not working well any more, it seems too strong now.  I have to get an eye appointment on Monday and hope to get some glasses that work well for me. 

Good luck!

Joan