Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

Yes it was me! CHEW ON ICE CHIPS!!!
    I did it during the administering of the RED devil and it helped a LOT!!! Even during TAXOL it seemed to help. If nothing else, you're getting water into your body when it needs it most.

I thought it was you Mama
    I thought it was you Mama G.
    I got thrush on my tongue with each AC treatment. I had the liquid mycostatin, and took it three times a day for about 5 days, then I was fine. You have to swish it around your mouth and swallow it. I lost my desie to eat totally. hated sweets, lost alot of weight. (not the only reason) now my taste buds are back , gradually returned over three months. I just have smaller amounts of what I like and am maintaining.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    carkris said:

I thought it was you Mama
    I thought it was you Mama G.
    I got thrush on my tongue with each AC treatment. I had the liquid mycostatin, and took it three times a day for about 5 days, then I was fine. You have to swish it around your mouth and swallow it. I lost my desie to eat totally. hated sweets, lost alot of weight. (not the only reason) now my taste buds are back , gradually returned over three months. I just have smaller amounts of what I like and am maintaining.

sorry you are having so many side effects
    You may want to discuss your side effects with your onc and he may change your coctail. I am not having any side effects with cyoxan and taxotere except for fatigue and some constipation the first few days after. Use biotene toothpast and mouthwash or baking soda to brush your teeth. I did not get mouth sores but my mouth the first few chemos felt like I ate really hot pizza and burned my mouth. Hang in there and talk to your onc about these symptoms and see what he says. God Bless.
    Lorrie Balentine
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Balentine said:

sorry you are having so many side effects
    You may want to discuss your side effects with your onc and he may change your coctail. I am not having any side effects with cyoxan and taxotere except for fatigue and some constipation the first few days after. Use biotene toothpast and mouthwash or baking soda to brush your teeth. I did not get mouth sores but my mouth the first few chemos felt like I ate really hot pizza and burned my mouth. Hang in there and talk to your onc about these symptoms and see what he says. God Bless.
    Lorrie Balentine

So sorry about the side
    So sorry about the side effects. Hoping you feel better soon.
  • tally
    tally Member Posts: 48
    Options
    nausea
    So sorry to hear about your side effects. Ask tour doctor about Emend for nausea. I take it on day 2 and 3 and I have not had any nausea. I take Compazine beginning on day 4 and if I feel nauseated. I think Emend is given to me in my iv during treatment also. Anyway, this stuff is wonderful. Hope it helps.
  • hopeful in tally
    hopeful in tally Member Posts: 56
    Options
    tally said:

nausea
    So sorry to hear about your side effects. Ask tour doctor about Emend for nausea. I take it on day 2 and 3 and I have not had any nausea. I take Compazine beginning on day 4 and if I feel nauseated. I think Emend is given to me in my iv during treatment also. Anyway, this stuff is wonderful. Hope it helps.

tally?
    are you by chance in Tallahassee? i am!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Thanks for all the
    Thanks for all the encouragement......I hate to complain but I know everyone is going thru this so that helps me so so much to know I am not alone.......Trying to keep my hands busy typing so I can,t scratch........

You are not alone Waffel,
    You are not alone Waffel, never! We all need help and this is the best place to get it. Hoping and praying that the rest of your chemo will be better for you!