Hubby leaving?

Options
rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Please pray for me. My husband and I are having a really hard time. It was not great before the bc, not this past month has been horrible. He is an alcoholic. I'm afraid my marriage may be ending. I know God will never leave me, but this is really, really, hard. I just got done with Chemo. I have an upcoming surgery and then radiation treatments. I know I am not alone.

God Bless

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Sending Giant Prayers
    I am at a loss for words. All I can do is tell you we will be here for you not matter what.

Sending Giant Prayers and lots of gentle hugs.

Donna
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Hugs~ Hugs~ Hugs!
    Becky he is not well if he is an alcoholic as I am sure you know, it is hard for them to see past themselves sometimes. Sounds like you have a solid faith which will help to carry you far. Hopefully things will work themselves out, cancer seems to touch all of our family members even if they are not the ones having chemo, going bald, and dealing with all the personal fears. I wish the best for you.

RE
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hugs~ Hugs~ Hugs!
    Becky he is not well if he is an alcoholic as I am sure you know, it is hard for them to see past themselves sometimes. Sounds like you have a solid faith which will help to carry you far. Hopefully things will work themselves out, cancer seems to touch all of our family members even if they are not the ones having chemo, going bald, and dealing with all the personal fears. I wish the best for you.

RE

strength
    Hi Becky ... I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time ... but you must know that you are a strong woman. You've already gone through much more than you probably ever thought you could handle. You are stronger than you think ... and you will make it through this rough spot. You may end up without a husband ... but it will be his loss ... not your's. If he can't take care of himself ... I'm sure he hasn't been much support for you. So ... if he's gone he can focus on himself (or not) ... but you will no longer have to keep hoping he will change ... and you can focus all of your energy on yourself and your health ... and your needs. Just remember ... you ARE stronger than you think!

Hugs.
    Teena
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Sorry to hear
    Sorry to hear, but as RE said, he is not well. If he cant take care of himself, he cant take care of you. Thoughts and prayers are with you and if you need anything, you know where to find everyone.
    Greg
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Very Sad
    I'll say a prayer for you and your husband. I have a good marriage, and the stress of this is rough on me and my wife. So if you are starting out in a bad spot, I can only imagine what this will do. I keep hearing the words of Marlon Brando from the Godfather talking to his crying godson..."You can act like a man", and somehow it stops me from falling to pieces (at least some of the time). I'm not an alcoholic, but I'm drinking more than normal. I wish I could pull your husband aside and tell him to pull himself together, stop drinking, and that it's not about him; but since I can't I'll say a prayer that someone does, and that he grows up. And a prayer that you get the support you need if you can't get it from dear hubby.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Hubby said:

Very Sad
    I'll say a prayer for you and your husband. I have a good marriage, and the stress of this is rough on me and my wife. So if you are starting out in a bad spot, I can only imagine what this will do. I keep hearing the words of Marlon Brando from the Godfather talking to his crying godson..."You can act like a man", and somehow it stops me from falling to pieces (at least some of the time). I'm not an alcoholic, but I'm drinking more than normal. I wish I could pull your husband aside and tell him to pull himself together, stop drinking, and that it's not about him; but since I can't I'll say a prayer that someone does, and that he grows up. And a prayer that you get the support you need if you can't get it from dear hubby.

Sending good thoughts
    I've lived with alcoholism and it's crazy making. I send you good thoughts, positive energy, and one humongous hug.

Victoria
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Hugs from Here Too
    There is no doubt that we have all seen how stressful this can be on our friends and loved. Please know I am thinking about you and sending all kinds of warmth and good wishes.

Chris
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    My prayers and many hugs are
    My prayers and many hugs are being sent your way. Remember you are one tough warrior and survivor. God bless and hang in there.
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Sending hugs and prayers
    Sending hugs and prayers your way!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    JanInMN said:

Sending hugs and prayers
    Sending hugs and prayers your way!

I know what you are going thru
    Becky,
    I know what you are going thru. I separated from my now ex-husband before I was diagnosed because of the drinking. You will get thru this with faith and friends and family like I did and we are all your friends on this board.

I am a single mom raising an almost 7 year old.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You don't need an additional poison in your life.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

Sorry to hear about your martial problems. You may want to go to an Al Anon meeting to help you. You are a strong person to get through your treatment and I'm sure you will come through this as well. I'm not saying it will be a bed of roses but you will make it through. We are always here for you to vent.
  • mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

Sorry to hear about your martial problems. You may want to go to an Al Anon meeting to help you. You are a strong person to get through your treatment and I'm sure you will come through this as well. I'm not saying it will be a bed of roses but you will make it through. We are always here for you to vent.
  • mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,

• mom62
    Options
    Praying for You
    Hi,