Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Beauitful
    You look great and congrats to ur daughter. Lots lots of silvidene aquaphor. Get some " wife beater" shirts. That sounds awful! There cheap and you can toss them after. Mine washed out pretty good though. Remember to keep applying creams after rads. It's the burn that keeps giving. lol Again congrats to you and ur beauitful family. Katz

You do look great and you
    You do look great and you have a very beautiful daughter that you should be proud of.

So happy to read that you are healing so quickly. That is great!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Kylez said:

You do look great and you
    You do look great and you have a very beautiful daughter that you should be proud of.

So happy to read that you are healing so quickly. That is great!

THANKS!!
    It seems you all are right about the continued burning. Just when I thought is was getting so much better, I'm realizing it was a momentary lapse in PAIN... so, I'll just deal with it one day at a time. The aloe sounds really good to me, but the dr doesn't want me using it on the area being treated, so I'll do it after I'm done and give you all a full report. As usual, everyone is different, but it's so nice to hear what worked for you all. God bless you all and have a GREAT SUNDAY!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

THANKS!!
    It seems you all are right about the continued burning. Just when I thought is was getting so much better, I'm realizing it was a momentary lapse in PAIN... so, I'll just deal with it one day at a time. The aloe sounds really good to me, but the dr doesn't want me using it on the area being treated, so I'll do it after I'm done and give you all a full report. As usual, everyone is different, but it's so nice to hear what worked for you all. God bless you all and have a GREAT SUNDAY!

Yes, you will continue to
    Yes, you will continue to still cook for awhile Mama G. Put whatever your rads oncologist said to use on for weeks yet. And, be careful with your new skin. You will heal up!

Hugs, Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

THANKS!!

Hoping you heal very quickly
    Hoping you heal very quickly Mama B. I think you will be surprised how fast you will.

Hang in there!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

Sivadene is helping!
    Just for you women who got worried after my post here, It does work!!! Only 5 days into it and I'm seeing improvement. Looks RED, but not as bumpy and not as painful. YIPPEE!!! Thanks for all the help, and especially thanks for letting me spout off when I need to.
    God bless you all.

So happy that you see
    So happy that you see improvement. It usually happens pretty quick once you stop the zapping. Your skin will look better than before probably.

Love your picture of your family! Looks like a very happy group!

Sue :)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    MamaG, I don't have the
    MamaG, I don't have the answer to the healing question but wanted to say I hope it's soon for you. I live in Atlantic Beach (the beaches of Jacksonville) and am 45 minutes from St. Augustine. I see the college behind you guys in the picture. I'm glad you got to attend, too. Take care and good luck on your healing from rads.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    pattimc said:

Silvadene ointment
    Is what they gave me when my skin was like yours. Cleared it up pretty quickly. I know how much it hurts....so sorry!

Your picture is lovely! And so is your daughter! Congratulations!

The Silverdene (sp?) is also
    The Silverdene (sp?) is also what my radiation oncolgoist gave me, and then she said to try an old fashioned cure. Its called Domboro's Solution and you can get it in Rite Aid or CVS. It helped me a lot. Its been almost a year since I finished Rads and now I get horrible cramping under the breast. I asked my doctor and she told me that is very common. I think my bra is right on top of it and phew! sometimes when I bend over to pick something up, it cramps up. Does anyone have suggestions that might help that?
    Hugs - Pat
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

The Silverdene (sp?) is also what my radiation oncolgoist gave me, and then she said to try an old fashioned cure. Its called Domboro's Solution and you can get it in Rite Aid or CVS. It helped me a lot. Its been almost a year since I finished Rads and now I get horrible cramping under the breast. I asked my doctor and she told me that is very common. I think my bra is right on top of it and phew! sometimes when I bend over to pick something up, it cramps up. Does anyone have suggestions that might help that?
    Hugs - Pat

Domeboro
    I was warned to be careful with the Domeboro as areas healed, you cut the size of the soaking area down as new skin appeared, as the Domeboro can be very drying and don't want the newly healed area to be dried out.

The only thing I can think of that might help with the cramping is to massage the area. At least that's what my lymphedemaologist says - the entire surgery area should be massage to help keep adhesions from forming and to keep the area supple. i haven't had any areas that cramp but some areas were starting to 'pull' with certain movements but have gotten much better since I started massaging the area.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Hugs - Pat

Congrats Mama on your
    Congrats Mama on your daughter's graduation! She is very pretty!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

MamaG, I don't have the
    MamaG, I don't have the answer to the healing question but wanted to say I hope it's soon for you. I live in Atlantic Beach (the beaches of Jacksonville) and am 45 minutes from St. Augustine. I see the college behind you guys in the picture. I'm glad you got to attend, too. Take care and good luck on your healing from rads.

something helpful
    So I finally started blistering and my rads onc suggested a spray made up of one part hydrogen peroxide, five parts water. Spray, let it dry. Sounds useles, doesn't it? But it is actually soothing and I'm better this morning.

Try it!!

Victoria
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Beautiful photo.
    Beautiful photo. congratulations on your baby girl's graduation. She is quite the looker. Now about your white hair, we dont live that far apart, would you be willing to send me some? :)
    I start rads on Monday so I have no suggestions but do pray your feeling some relief very soon.

Good luck to you Natly with
    Good luck to you Natly with your rads! Post to let us know how you are!

Sue :)
  • XO143XO
    XO143XO Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon.
    I hope you feel better soon. You look beautiful and your daughter is beautiful too. Great Picture. xoxo
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    natly15 said:

Beautiful photo.
    Beautiful photo. congratulations on your baby girl's graduation. She is quite the looker. Now about your white hair, we dont live that far apart, would you be willing to send me some? :)
    I start rads on Monday so I have no suggestions but do pray your feeling some relief very soon.

Wishing you good luck also
    Wishing you good luck also Natly with your radiation treatments.

Lex♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    aisling8 said:

uh-oh
    I'm on Day 16 and now you've got me worried.

More importantly, I wanted to say I love your hair, I love the picture of your family, and I love how proud of your daughter you are. You are all beautiful. Congratulations!!

Victoria

I am probably late in
    I am probably late in posting this, but, silvadene is what I think most rads oncologist recommend if you are burnt. I didn't burn, except a little next to my collarbone, and, the Biafine worked for me.