May I just say (&%%%$#@@@@!!! ????

Options

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thank you all for your well
    Thank you all for your well wishes and messages of support! I saw my surgeon, ( the one who did my BC surgery) and OMG~ she doesn't have an opening in her schedule until MAY 12! So, three things will happen, or maybe four: I will lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks simply leaving fat out of my diet. Good thing I love fruits and veggies, tho Egg-beaters and rice is getting really old! I will be addicted to hydrocodone ( no...it so isn't going to happen) as my pain level has not lessened AT ALL since the original onset on Tuesday night, 2 weeks of this seems forever away, so this will become a bona-fide emergency and I will have surgery with an unknown doctor ( I really, really hope not). I know there are two or three other things which could conceivably happen, but honestly, I can't remember what on earth they might be! LOL

So...I have all of YOU in my heart; and send out an especially warm welcome to the new sisters who have joined our family recently. And of course, special hugs and love to my long-time Kindred Spirits....

Chen♥

what a pain in the gallbladder!!!!
    ...and I do mean literally. I know I lost weight during my bout, unfortunately, the fruits & veggies, if they are fresh, will cause pain also. What my doc said about a gallbladder diet is "if it tastes good, you can't eat it". And that was almost true. The only thing I was able to eat the last week before emergency surgery was saltine crackers and avocados (I know, weird about the avocados because they are fat, but it is a good fat...) Guess we won't be seeing you for the Revlon walk, but will have you and all of us on the boards with me.
    Special pain free hugs and wishes to you while you wait for this next journey.
    Cat
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    I'm sorry
    Claudia-these things never happen in good timing,do they?!
    Here's hoping that your surgery goes well and recovery is quick and you can get on with life again!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

I'm sorry
    Claudia-these things never happen in good timing,do they?!
    Here's hoping that your surgery goes well and recovery is quick and you can get on with life again!

UPDATE!!!!
    Ok, so I was only prescribed 10 hydrocodone as they are afterall narcotic and habit-forming. I can take two every 4 hours for pain, which, since I have had these 10 pills since Tuesday would be long gone if I had actually done that! I have been toughing it out and taking the meds only when I go to bed. But this morning, I decided to call my surgeon and ask for 5 more, as you all know, my surgery with her isn't scheduled until the 12th.

She wasn't there on a Saturday ( understandable) but the on-call surgeon asked why I was waiting so long for surgery. When I said that it was my surgeon's first availability he said, "I'll do it! Can you come in on Monday?" Well YEAH I can come in on Monday! So sweet sisters, think of me Monday..I am going into surgery! Hardly enough time to get nervous!

Clear liquds for me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

UPDATE!!!!
    Ok, so I was only prescribed 10 hydrocodone as they are afterall narcotic and habit-forming. I can take two every 4 hours for pain, which, since I have had these 10 pills since Tuesday would be long gone if I had actually done that! I have been toughing it out and taking the meds only when I go to bed. But this morning, I decided to call my surgeon and ask for 5 more, as you all know, my surgery with her isn't scheduled until the 12th.

She wasn't there on a Saturday ( understandable) but the on-call surgeon asked why I was waiting so long for surgery. When I said that it was my surgeon's first availability he said, "I'll do it! Can you come in on Monday?" Well YEAH I can come in on Monday! So sweet sisters, think of me Monday..I am going into surgery! Hardly enough time to get nervous!

Clear liquds for me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Much better!
    So glad to hear your waiting time will be much shorter. I'm sure you'll start to feel much better after the surgery is done.

You know we will all be there holding your hand, so make sure the surgeon has enough room for us. Let us know how it went as soon as you're feeling up to it.

Hugs,
    Cindy
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options

Much better!
    So glad to hear your waiting time will be much shorter. I'm sure you'll start to feel much better after the surgery is done.

You know we will all be there holding your hand, so make sure the surgeon has enough room for us. Let us know how it went as soon as you're feeling up to it.

Hugs,
    Cindy

Oh Chen!
    I'm so sorry to hear your in such misery right now!! I hope today is a good day for you.. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!! I'm not on here much as you know but have been checking in some lately.. Big Hugs to you!!!!!!!!

Calleen..
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options

Much better!

Hugs,
    Cindy

Oh Chen!
    I'm so sorry to hear your in such misery right now!! I hope today is a good day for you.. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!! I'm not on here much as you know but have been checking in some lately.. Big Hugs to you!!!!!!!!

Calleen..
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    Calleen said:

Oh Chen!

Calleen..

Raising a glass~of clear liquids!!
    We shall all be thinking of you on Monday, and a speedy recovery so you can get back to eating chocolate and drinking caffeine!!
    Best of Health~
    Melanie
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Raising a glass~of clear liquids!!
    We shall all be thinking of you on Monday, and a speedy recovery so you can get back to eating chocolate and drinking caffeine!!
    Best of Health~
    Melanie

Good luck with your surgery
    We will be thinking of you on Monday.
    Hugs,
    new Flower
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    50 foot woman's gall bladder
    Well, dear Chenheart, I'm sorry this health challenge has been added to your life. You will feel so much better soon. All positive thoughts flowing your way. Will be waiting to hear how it goes for you on Monday. (Can Reggie post?)
    ~~Connie~~
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Can I walk in your honor?
    Can we contact them and see? I take it this is the Los Angeles Revlon...or, is there only one...I've never done it, but would be willing to 'step in', if you would like!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    Options
    KathiM said:

Can I walk in your honor?
    Can we contact them and see? I take it this is the Los Angeles Revlon...or, is there only one...I've never done it, but would be willing to 'step in', if you would like!

Hugs, Kathi

You all walk in my honor
    You all walk in my honor just by being who you are~ when you walk to your mailboxes, or through the supermarket, or to pick up your children! No matter where you walk, we walk as a family!

I am hoping, hoping, hoping that I will feel up to it by Saturday~it is up to my surgeon and "Dr. Reggie", of course! LOL I did my first Relay For Life 6 weeks post lumpectomy; I am hoping 6 DAYS is good enough too!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

You all walk in my honor
    You all walk in my honor just by being who you are~ when you walk to your mailboxes, or through the supermarket, or to pick up your children! No matter where you walk, we walk as a family!

I am hoping, hoping, hoping that I will feel up to it by Saturday~it is up to my surgeon and "Dr. Reggie", of course! LOL I did my first Relay For Life 6 weeks post lumpectomy; I am hoping 6 DAYS is good enough too!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen,
    I am sending my most

Chen,
    I am sending my most strongest, positive energy your way. I think that barring any complications you should be fine by Saturday. Maybe a little slower but okay. At least tht is my prayer for you. You represent us all so well and I am proud to count you as a friend.
    Stef
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options
    chenheart said:

UPDATE!!!!

Clear liquds for me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

yeah
    I'm so glad you can have your surgery tomorrow! Nobody needs to live with that kind of pain. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending healing thoughts your way.

Hugs, El
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    You will feel so much better!
    4 itty bitty incisions and great relief! Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Gentle hugs back,

Sue
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Hi chen
    Hi,I am sorry you are going through this.I Pray you get past this soon.I just wanted to say hi.I am doing pretty good.I had my hair trimmed up the first time since chemo.I have my first mamogram in June, since breast cancer.Take Care. Pat.
  • chenheart
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Hi chen
    Hi,I am sorry you are going through this.I Pray you get past this soon.I just wanted to say hi.I am doing pretty good.I had my hair trimmed up the first time since chemo.I have my first mamogram in June, since breast cancer.Take Care. Pat.

Thank you for the
    Thank you for the well-wishes, Pat! So nice to see your face here on the boards~I have missed you! Nice to have hair long enough to cut, isn't it? Even if it is just a trim, it's nice to have hair growing. I send you all good vibes for your sure to be clean and clear mammo next month!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thank you for the
    Thank you for the well-wishes, Pat! So nice to see your face here on the boards~I have missed you! Nice to have hair long enough to cut, isn't it? Even if it is just a trim, it's nice to have hair growing. I send you all good vibes for your sure to be clean and clear mammo next month!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Kindred Spirit...
    You know how things sometimes happen for a reason? Gosh - if you hadn't made that phone call for meds, you'd still have a long wait 'til surgery. Now, it's tomorrow. As with so many other stressful things we all endure - the sooner it's over with, the better.

I'll be thinking of you, dear Kindred Spirit. With heartfelt hopes - for easy surgery, and really quick recovery.

Kindest regards, 12/25 xo
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Options
    chenheart said:

UPDATE!!!!

Clear liquds for me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Some Things Just Suck!
    Chen, Claudia,

There isn't a "good" time for what you have to go through. Sorry to hear you are looking forward to a "bad" time. You have the spirit of a warrior, and I am sure you will come through with your banner flying in the wind. Clear liquids are only temporary, and I doubt you would become dependant on hydrocodone. It is the hydrocotin that is so habit forming. Hydrocodone is the wimpy cousin. Hang in there woman! You will survive and you will tower, like the 50 foot woman you are!

Sharon
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Claudia, I'm just playing
    Claudia, I'm just playing catch up now but wanted to make sure to wish you success with your surgery and a very quick recovery. I'll be hoping that you are alble to do your walk this weekend. Take care.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Claudia, I'm just playing
    Claudia, I'm just playing catch up now but wanted to make sure to wish you success with your surgery and a very quick recovery. I'll be hoping that you are alble to do your walk this weekend. Take care.

Thinking of you today. I
    Thinking of you today. I wish you the best, I hope you recovery goes easy and you can get back to your very busy routine. With lot's of hugs and love
    Kathy