May I just say (&%%%$#@@@@!!! ????

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Not to bore any of you~ but I spent 4 hours last night in the ER and another 5 hours there this morning! Why? Because I have "Biliary Colic wth Gallstones! So, I have an arsenal of drugs, and an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. Why am I **&^%$#@(!?? Because on Friday I am supposed to attend a going-away luncheon for one of the women in my book club, on Saturday I am supposed to be at a once ayear Women's Literary Festival AND, next Saturday is the Revlon 5K for Women's Cancer that I always do and have registered for! GRRRRRRRRRR!

I know that the upside is that "everyone" says as soon as I have the surgery I will feel so much better~ I truly believe that! But did it have to happen NOW?

Ok...feeling better now! Got it out of my sistem, and hopefully soon I will literally have the offending gall-bladder out of my system too!

Gentle hugs to you all, my belly aches!

Chen♥

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Claudia
    sorry for you new medical problem. Hopefully you will be healed soon. Yes, it is a never a good time to get sick. We will be there with you, checking on your surgeon and his staff during your surgery.
    Please keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Of course you're
    Of course you're **&^%$#@(!?? I'd be **&^%$#@(!?? d, too. We are all with you, hanging on that surgeon's every word and sending gall bladder vibes the best we know how. xoxoxo Lynn
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Oh not good at all.
    Dear Chen I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, no fun at all. As you state on the upside once this is taken care of you will be back in the swing of things (actually I have seen no evidence that you are ever not in the swing of things :-D). Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers for a good doctor report and quick recovery, no fun to be hurting, no fun at all!

Hugs,

RE
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    RE said:

Oh not good at all.
    Dear Chen I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, no fun at all. As you state on the upside once this is taken care of you will be back in the swing of things (actually I have seen no evidence that you are ever not in the swing of things :-D). Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers for a good doctor report and quick recovery, no fun to be hurting, no fun at all!

Hugs,

RE

I'm so sorry.
    but think of it this way, there will always be next year, and the next year, and the year after that, ect... if I take care of myself NOW!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Claudia....
    I'm really very sorry. I know how painful all of that can be. Not to mention such rotten timing!
    But if there is one thing I've learned, it's that just as you get things figured out and make your plans...life happens.
    I am not making light of this, but it DOES seem like these things happen at the worst times!

I am sending gentle hugs your way and I hope you are feeling better very, very soon.

CR
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Timing's everything
    Chen, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know from friends how painful this must be. Be good to yourself and hang in there. Pitt
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    well, that stinks!
    I hate you have to go through this, especially now. Hope you are on the mend soon. Keep us posted.

Hugs, El
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Claudia
    So sorry to hear about your tummy problems, and yes the timing sucks. I was looking forward to meeting you in peron at the Revlon Run/Walk, so I share at least some of your disappointment.

Just try to focus on the good news - it is fixable and you WILL feel much better soon once you get the surgery done.
    Big healing hugs,
    Cindy
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Sorry for your troubles
    Hoping for a speedy recovery. So you can get back on track with all of your activities.

Sending Tinkerbell Hugs(Little Tiny Idy Bidy ones)your way.

Donna
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    On the good side is they
    On the good side is they just make a couple small incisions and you heal faster. My husband had his gallbladder out a couple years ago. May you heal fast. Maybe you could still do the 5K in a wheelchair and have someone push you.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Yes, You May!
    Chen, I am so sorry. It sounds like you have had an awful 24 hours--9 hours in the ER!!! and pain and surgery ahead. You have every right to vent. I feel frustrated for you, with all the interesting and worthwhile events this weekend and next. Maybe you can at least attend one of them, with some pain meds?

Like MamaG says, though, take care of the colic/gallstones now, and look forward to many wonderful events and activities waiting for you (and Reggie, of course).

Sending healing thoughts and hugs,
    Moopy
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    so sorry Chen
    I had my gallbladder removed 20 years ago, and I know the pain.....OMG it was bad. Hope you are feeling better for all of your activities, I can tell you I will be there for the Revlon walk/run and I will push your wheelchair if you show up! They wanted me to go in for another surgery next week, but I told them to schedule it for after the 8th of May.
    Take care of yourself and hope to see you there!
    Cat
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    GRRRRRR
    Dear Chen,

I know how upset you are!!!! When you are looking forward to attending the going-away luncheon, attending the once a year Women's Literary Festival, and walking in the Revlon 5K that you do year after year, and then you can't attend, it becomes extremely frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me that you had a tear hidden.

The pain from gallbladder is one that I hope I never experience. Today's surgery for gallbadder is a piece of cake compared to years ago. So, your blessing is that it happened today and not years ago. May this thought comfort you.

I wish you a speeding recovery from surgery.

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,

Janelle
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Claudia, sorry to hear about
    Claudia, sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I will keep you in my prayers. Get well.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Awww, poor Chen. I had the
    Awww, poor Chen. I had the nasty thing removed a few years ago. And it was nice to get rid of those horrible attacks........so, you will be glad, but sorry you have to miss stuff you want to do. I just had my recontruction and can't lift anything which is making me crazzzzy.....When will it ennnnnnnnd!!!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Awww, poor Chen. I had the nasty thing removed a few years ago. And it was nice to get rid of those horrible attacks........so, you will be glad, but sorry you have to miss stuff you want to do. I just had my recontruction and can't lift anything which is making me crazzzzy.....When will it ennnnnnnnd!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Chen as busy and fun as your
    Chen as busy and fun as your live is there would never be a good time. It stinks you have to miss these events but we want you to be well!!!!! best wishes on a quick recovery!! sorry about the GRRRRRR!!! I had it out a few years ago, no attacks just one large stone and they said it had to come out. My sister had symptoms let it go and ended up in an ambulance. with surgery for an infected gallbladder. dont want that!!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Oh, no!
    Dear Kindred Spirit, of course you're welcome to vent - with good reason, I'll say. So very sorry about this new health issue - and the really, really crappy timing.

Healing thoughts and prayers your way. Heartfelt best wishes for speedy recovery.

Kindest regards, 12/25 xo
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Oh, no!
    Dear Kindred Spirit, of course you're welcome to vent - with good reason, I'll say. So very sorry about this new health issue - and the really, really crappy timing.

Healing thoughts and prayers your way. Heartfelt best wishes for speedy recovery.

Kindest regards, 12/25 xo

Chen,
    So sorry about the

Chen,
    So sorry about the gall bladder issue. It's not fun. I had my act up and it was the worst pain ever, vomiting, pain etc. Had my gall bladder out and all better. I hope that yours is as easy as mine. I went in on a Friday morning, home later that day. The next day Den and I went to the store together, the day after that I went to the mall myself, and I went back to work on that Monday. I had no problems, no pain, in fact I had to watch that I didn't lift things or strain myself because I didn't feel like I had surgery at all. So I wish and hope you have this type of easy time. So sorry about the timing, but you are such a busy lady that there is no good time. Prayers it is a simple fix.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

Chen,
    So sorry about the

Chen,
    So sorry about the gall bladder issue. It's not fun. I had my act up and it was the worst pain ever, vomiting, pain etc. Had my gall bladder out and all better. I hope that yours is as easy as mine. I went in on a Friday morning, home later that day. The next day Den and I went to the store together, the day after that I went to the mall myself, and I went back to work on that Monday. I had no problems, no pain, in fact I had to watch that I didn't lift things or strain myself because I didn't feel like I had surgery at all. So I wish and hope you have this type of easy time. So sorry about the timing, but you are such a busy lady that there is no good time. Prayers it is a simple fix.
    Stef

Thank you all for your well
    Thank you all for your well wishes and messages of support! I saw my surgeon, ( the one who did my BC surgery) and OMG~ she doesn't have an opening in her schedule until MAY 12! So, three things will happen, or maybe four: I will lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks simply leaving fat out of my diet. Good thing I love fruits and veggies, tho Egg-beaters and rice is getting really old! I will be addicted to hydrocodone ( no...it so isn't going to happen) as my pain level has not lessened AT ALL since the original onset on Tuesday night, 2 weeks of this seems forever away, so this will become a bona-fide emergency and I will have surgery with an unknown doctor ( I really, really hope not). I know there are two or three other things which could conceivably happen, but honestly, I can't remember what on earth they might be! LOL

So...I have all of YOU in my heart; and send out an especially warm welcome to the new sisters who have joined our family recently. And of course, special hugs and love to my long-time Kindred Spirits....

Chen♥