Chemo Grad tomorrow "Hopefully"

rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow can you beleive tomorrow "should" be my last chemo! YEAHHHH!!! I say should be because I have had a thickening on the outside of my left breast around the surgical scar and a one on the inside of my left breast. My Surgical Oncologist and oncologist both have looked at them and said not to worry. However, I want to be sure. I was told last Feb the lump I had was a fibroidadenoma and November 24th I was told it was cancer. I want to be sure this time. I am scheduled for a re-excision on May 14th due to having Clear but Close margins. I want clear and far away margins. The re-excision is my decision. It is frustrating how different Drs have different opinions. Some say I am making the right decision, I think my Dr really doesn't think it is necessary, but it is MY BODY and I am taking Charge. They are scheduling me for an ultrasound to see what it going on. I think it is for my ease of mind. After knowing that I had cancer for almost a year before it was diagnosed, even with Mamograms, FNB, ultrasounds. I am not waiting around to see. I told my Dr that I had NO FAITH in FNB any more. My mammogram came back fine last year, two FNB came back fine, Ultra sounds came back fine. It wasnt until we decided to take the lump out regardless that the last FNB was done which led to a core biopsy which led to the cancer diagnosis. I have to say that I am nervous. My prayer is that it is just fluid and I can get on with my surgery and then radiation. I have done really well so far with the Chemo. We will see how radiation goes.
I will be on tomoxofin or the drug for post- menopausal women once the Surgical Onc, and the Med Onc, and my Gyn, can agree which one I should take.

As I read many posts I realize just how blessed I am to not have had the complications some of you have endured. As I read them, it breaks my heart and yet gives me courage. I pray for my warrior sisters and brothers, and am sad to see any new ones that have to find this site. please forgive me that I dont respond often, it is not that I dont read the posts, and pray for all of you. Sometimes I just dont know what to say since either my treatment is different or I have not expereinced what some of you are. I wanted to do the relay for life on May 15th , but that will be the day after my surgery.

Please keep me in your prayers that the lumps are no more that fluid build up. Hopefully I will be a chemo grad tomorrow.

hugs and prayers to all of you! Thank you for being there for me no matter how petty my issues have been. God Bless each of you!

Becky

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Prayers for you...
    And hopefully you will be a "chemo" grad! And GOOD FOR YOU for taking charge of your own body! We all need to do more of that.....not be afraid to speak up or think Doctors are Gods.....I too, had a CLEAN mammogram and ultrasound, only to find a lump 2.2 cm LESS THAN 3 months later.....

Peace be with you during your last chemo and upcoming surgery......keep us posted!
    nancy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Praying for you Becky!

Praying for you Becky!
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    MAJW said:

Prayers for you...
    And hopefully you will be a "chemo" grad! And GOOD FOR YOU for taking charge of your own body! We all need to do more of that.....not be afraid to speak up or think Doctors are Gods.....I too, had a CLEAN mammogram and ultrasound, only to find a lump 2.2 cm LESS THAN 3 months later.....

Peace be with you during your last chemo and upcoming surgery......keep us posted!
    nancy

Thank you
    Thank you. This board has been a God Send. I have recieved so much support and encouragement. I appreciate everyone who has responded, or just read and prayed for me.
    I will keep up on this board because I know how good it is to hear from those who have beat the beast, and those who share thier hardships and how they coped. I would not have made it this far had it not been my faith in Jesus Christ. I have felt so many emotions, and I know the roller coaster ride is not over. Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you updated.
    I am praying so hard for just build up of fluids which can be drained during my surgery.

God Bless all of you
    Becky
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    I'm With You!
    I don't blame you in the least - I would rather know for sure than sit and watch, wonder and worry. I know of svereal patients where the FNB provided less than reliable results.... two had two false negatives and once a false positive - my oncologist said she wished they weren't used anymore. I would want to have the "final" answer also....I wish you the best of results!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

I'm With You!
    I don't blame you in the least - I would rather know for sure than sit and watch, wonder and worry. I know of svereal patients where the FNB provided less than reliable results.... two had two false negatives and once a false positive - my oncologist said she wished they weren't used anymore. I would want to have the "final" answer also....I wish you the best of results!

Congrates. Glad its over for
    Congrates. Glad its over for you
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Kat11 said:

Congrates. Glad its over for
    Congrates. Glad its over for you

Congrats!

Congrats!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Your issues have been BIG
    Your issues have been BIG and you have handled them as a gracious warrior. My prayers are with you. xoxoxo Lynn