Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Thank you Pink Sisters
    Thank you for all this encouragement. Met with radiation onc today, got my neulasta shot, and then rang the bell in the infusion room loud and clear, "done with chemo". All those angels of mercy in the infusion room took a photo with me. After hugging everyone I could possibly hug, a tear or 2 came to my eyes as I left the cancer center. Next week I have a prelim appointment for my radiation therapy.

Hubby and I did celebrate at Berns Steak House in Tampa. It was quite a dining experience, and the decor and ambiance was far more than I ever expected. My husband made a toast thanking me for being here and able to join him. Just writing this brings tears to my eyes.

I'm getting close to the finish line and will be happy and perhaps even a bit sad. This has been going on since last March when I got that note after my mammo telling me to follow up. BC has absolutely dominated my life with surgeries, infections, chemo, etc etc. for the past year.

Sunrae I absolutely look forward to seeing you in Florida next year for one heck of a big celebration. You have so much more to deal with, and I pray that each day your health improves.

I feel such a warm fuzzy connection to all you brave warriors. You gals have absolutely held my hand and uplifted me ever since I found these boards. May God grant each and everyone of us health and happy living. Here's to Life and Happiness. Many hugs to all of you.

What an awesome thing to say
    What an awesome thing to say to you . tribute to you and your marriage. I was nervous in rads the other day and I pictured all of you holding my hand and it helped so much!! It was a comforting visual.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I will be listening for the bell!

Sue
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Congratulations natly
    I knew the last one was coming up for you. You will feel better soon. Rads is next for me, too. I start Thursday. Good luck with the next phase!

Congrats Natly! So happy
    Congrats Natly! So happy for you!

LeezA
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Congratulations!
    I will be listening for the bell!

Sue

I"M IN FLORIDA!!!
    Congratulations! Ain't it a wonderful feeling!!! For me rads is a breeze (so far- knock on wood) except for the 20 min a day, every day. Hopefully that will all be a thing of the past for both of us very soon. God bless, and come see me in Sebastian! We'll be watching the last dark launch of the Apollo on Mon morning at 6am from my front porch!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Mama G said:

I"M IN FLORIDA!!!
    Congratulations! Ain't it a wonderful feeling!!! For me rads is a breeze (so far- knock on wood) except for the 20 min a day, every day. Hopefully that will all be a thing of the past for both of us very soon. God bless, and come see me in Sebastian! We'll be watching the last dark launch of the Apollo on Mon morning at 6am from my front porch!

We also get to see it from
    We also get to see it from either our upstairs or downstairs porch. Right now I'm going thru chemo Side effects, but know this is the last trainwreck, and then on to rads. Cant wait to feel better again. It is an absolute wonderful feeling knowing chemo is over. Looking toward that finish line.

We live in the Orlando area but I opted to get treatment in Tampa.
  • blazytracy
    blazytracy Member Posts: 157
    Options
    I am so happy for you Natly!
    I have tears of happiness in my eyes...I am so happy you are done with chemo!! You are a true warrior! I pray for all the best with Rads. I know you have the strength to get thru those as well.

I hope you have a blessed Easter. Let the resurrectio​n joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness!

Thinking about you Natly and praying for all your dreams and hobbies after Rad to come true! You are awesome! And congrats again!

Your Friend Always,
    Tracy