Options
124»

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    carkris said:

glad you are clear mama G .
    glad you are clear mama G . they do all the planning to miss your heart and lungs. I had rads 15 years a go and worried about this (left side) I spoke to a fellow at the hospital and he said My onc was one of the first to advocate doing it certain way and wrote the articles on avoiding the heart. so I worried for nothing. but it was a relief to know, so i think they all follow this way now. I am having 33 rads too. I thought the last 3 were the boost i will ask whne I see him on friday. Are they doing your axillary nodes? they arent doing mine, as they feel the surgery got rid of it all. they are doing the mammmary nodes and supraclavicular. I am going to ask about that too. Iwant it gone!!!!

Glad to hear you are clear too.
    Thanks for the info Mama G. Hopefully mine will go as smoothly as yours are.

Carkris
    I am sure they will at least do the lymph nodes under my arm since I did not have to have surgery. Not sure about the rest. Will see the Radiology onc next week.

Thanks

Donna
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Bumping up part 2!

Bumping up part 2!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Mine is the left breast,
    Mine is the left breast, they do a scan and mark you up so they know where to go to avoid organs. For me, my supraclavicular node in my neck and my inner mammary node in my chest wall needed to be radiated so they have no choice but to burn the upper portion of my left lung. They are very careful where they radiate and they do xrays every week to make sure they are still in the right spots. Hope this helps!!
    ~Kari
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Mine is the left breast,
    Mine is the left breast, they do a scan and mark you up so they know where to go to avoid organs. For me, my supraclavicular node in my neck and my inner mammary node in my chest wall needed to be radiated so they have no choice but to burn the upper portion of my left lung. They are very careful where they radiate and they do xrays every week to make sure they are still in the right spots. Hope this helps!!
    ~Kari