Family Advice UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Sheeeesh Stef! You replied
    Sheeeesh Stef! You replied befoe I could erase my last post....LOL Very irritating when this happens, huh? The multiple posts, I mean!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I know exactly what you mean
    I know exactly what you mean but I never care when there is more than one, but this was too funny to pass up. You got me laughing and that was a good thing. I was feeling kinda sucky today so it was just what I needed. Thanks
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    pdv said:

Family Dynamics are Hard
    I can't start to tell you why your husbands family are acting the way they are but I am finding out that many people around me are acting the same way that people do when you have lost a loved one. They really don't know what to say or how to act. Even my mom made the statement she really didn't know what to do for me or to say. I can say that no matter what my family or my husbands family does or doesn't do, I have decided not to let it bother me because life is to short. I will forgive them and make the first move if that is what it takes even though I am the one sick. I love all my family and friends no matter what and I want to be sure and let them know that I do. This illness has changed my whole perspective on everything.

I pray you and your husband find peace about this.

pdvThe BEAUTIFUL difference
    pdv
    The BEAUTIFUL difference in this is the caring honesty of your mom...she didn't know what to do or say, and didn't you feel better just knowing that? I felt an instant connection with your mom; it is very hard for so many family members. But to be silent, absent,aloof or non-supportive at a time of need is just so hurtful. If all those who are afraid for us ( and themselves...what if cancer is cantagious? at the very least it makes all of us aware of our mortality!)or uncomfortable, or angry at the change this has brought to our previous "normalcy", we would all do better if the air was clear and everyone would be as honest as your mom! I know I would have loved hearing that from someone! The ice would have been broken, and new bridges would have been traveled on.

Hugs, and thanks for the insight!

Chen♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

I know exactly what you mean
    I know exactly what you mean but I never care when there is more than one, but this was too funny to pass up. You got me laughing and that was a good thing. I was feeling kinda sucky today so it was just what I needed. Thanks
    Stef

Just FYI, Stef~
    I am going

Just FYI, Stef~

I am going to be in Sacramento for a week at the end of April...I wonder if you, Re and I might be able to arrange a lunch together???? And any of the NorCal Kindred Spirits who would want to join us. Time flies~ so pencil me in, ok????

Hugs,
    Chen♥