Tomorrow is the BIG DAY :(

Options
2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

You WILL be ok. It is a
    You WILL be ok. It is a tough thing to face, but you will come out on top. The surgeons now are amazing and the work they do is great. I am very happy with how my breast look, and I am still going through the expansion process. I will be thinking of you and praying for you...Let us know how you are doing when you can. Lots of Love ~ Mandi

Praying for you and sending
    Praying for you and sending you lots of positive good vibes! Hoping you recover quickly.

Like Mandi said, let us know when you can how you are.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • joycee9308
    joycee9308 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Kari
    I kinda know how you feel, I am having a bilateral mastectomy and immediate free flap TRAM reconstruction in two weeks and the closer it gets, the more anxious I get. But then I read the responses to your post and it helps to have the encouragement; plus, as my daughter says, it's better than the alternative, which is so true. I wish you well and will be praying for you, me and all our sisters in pink.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

Praying for you and sending
    Praying for you and sending you lots of positive good vibes! Hoping you recover quickly.

Like Mandi said, let us know when you can how you are.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

You bet your scared about tomorrow!
    But I have been reading your posts for some time now and you always have great things to say to everyone, try to think about those things for you. I had a single mastecomy, no reconstruction, last Sept and I am amazed at how well I adjusted, and how fast I adjusted. The cancer was gone. Yours will be too and your life can begin again. You have been thru so much up to this point and this was the goal you were working for. Just a few hours to dancing with NED. Take all of prayers and strength with you tomorrow. YOU CAN DO THIS!

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Kari
    I kinda know how you feel, I am having a bilateral mastectomy and immediate free flap TRAM reconstruction in two weeks and the closer it gets, the more anxious I get. But then I read the responses to your post and it helps to have the encouragement; plus, as my daughter says, it's better than the alternative, which is so true. I wish you well and will be praying for you, me and all our sisters in pink.

thinking of you~
    and praying for a great outcome~before you know it, you will be looking at the greatest set of "ta~ta's" and glad the cancer is gone! Listen to some soothing music tonight, take a bubble bath~paint your toenails ( if you can have them painted going in to surgery) and sip a beverage of your choice.
    Know that many of us will be praying, thinking and wishing you well tomorrow and in the days to come~~
    Melanie
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

thinking of you~
    and praying for a great outcome~before you know it, you will be looking at the greatest set of "ta~ta's" and glad the cancer is gone! Listen to some soothing music tonight, take a bubble bath~paint your toenails ( if you can have them painted going in to surgery) and sip a beverage of your choice.
    Know that many of us will be praying, thinking and wishing you well tomorrow and in the days to come~~
    Melanie

you have a full plate kari
    you have a full plate kari it would be abnormal not to be sad a nd frightened. i have bilateral mastectomy without reconstruction. not because i didnt want it but the story is to long to go into. No breast is worth your life, and reconstructed breasts look awesome. of course not the same but they also dont have cancer. It is an adjustment but I know withyour great attitude you will be ok. We will be thinking of you and there in spirit letus know how you are when you can we will be anxious to know. hugs to you!!!!!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

thinking of you~
    Melanie

Big day
    Keri,
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Good luck and speedy recovery.
    New Flower
  • mirj523
    mirj523 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Kari
    I know how you feel I am scheduled for a unilateral mastectomy with lat dorsi flap on 2/16, and am scared to death but like everyone else has said I cannot wait to have this cancer out of my body and to start living again. I wish you the best of luck and always know that your sisters in pink are thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery!!! Hugs
    Mirj
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    mirj523 said:

Kari
    I know how you feel I am scheduled for a unilateral mastectomy with lat dorsi flap on 2/16, and am scared to death but like everyone else has said I cannot wait to have this cancer out of my body and to start living again. I wish you the best of luck and always know that your sisters in pink are thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery!!! Hugs
    Mirj

Oh Kari.... I'm so sorry we have to do this...
    CANCER SUCKS!!! and we LOVE life! So we do what we have to do to survive.
    If only they could find a cure. Until then we have to sacrifice whatever it takes to live.
    I pray God is with you and your surgeons as they remove the cancer from your body. Take that crap and throw it in the garbage and let Kari go on with her life. Amen.
  • pdv
    pdv Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Maybe you need a laugh right now
    I hope this is not offensive but I think a good laugh is very good medicine and a great stress reliever. Anyway, here goes.

A couple are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The woman said to her husband, "Do you remember how we used to sit at the table naked while we ate breakfast?" The husband says yeah, I remember. "Well lets do it today to celebrate our anniversary. So they left and came back naked. The woman says "This brings back memories, my nipplies are tingling already." He says gently,"You have one in your coffee and the other in your oatmeal!"

I wish you the best tomorrow and my fervent prayers will be with you.

Pat
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all
    Thank you everyone for all your wonderful words, prayers, thoughts, and of course laughter, I needed that. I just scrubbed up in the shower with antibacterial soap as recommended and tomorrow morning I will walk in there and get this done, sounds like 3-5 days in the hospital. I'll have my beautiful daughter type for me and let you all know how it went. I too am having a latissimus dorsi flap on the left, believe they can save enough skin on the right. Me and the morphine pump will be best friends for a few days. I LOVE ALL of you so much and thanks a million.
    A little less scared :)
    Kari
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options

Thank you everyone for all
    Thank you everyone for all your wonderful words, prayers, thoughts, and of course laughter, I needed that. I just scrubbed up in the shower with antibacterial soap as recommended and tomorrow morning I will walk in there and get this done, sounds like 3-5 days in the hospital. I'll have my beautiful daughter type for me and let you all know how it went. I too am having a latissimus dorsi flap on the left, believe they can save enough skin on the right. Me and the morphine pump will be best friends for a few days. I LOVE ALL of you so much and thanks a million.
    A little less scared :)
    Kari

Prayer for you
    Kari,

I just want you to know I have been thinking about you & saying prayers all day.

Much love,
    Tina
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Tinabug said:

Prayer for you
    Kari,

I just want you to know I have been thinking about you & saying prayers all day.

Much love,
    Tina

I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you today Kari!

Debby
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Kari, I'm praying for you
    Kari, I'm praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. You are a brave, strong woman and will come through this better than you can imagine. Lean on your support people and know that there is an army of your cancer sisters holding your hand and giving you gentle hugs all through this and beyond. You are not alone. You are doing what it takes to be cancer free!
    ~~Connie~~
  • lisamnovak
    lisamnovak Member Posts: 27
    Options
    tomorrow
    You will be fine! You have all of us here praying for you, your family and friends.....you can do this. Next year at this time, you will be cancer free and healed. Good luck! HUGS!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

tomorrow
    You will be fine! You have all of us here praying for you, your family and friends.....you can do this. Next year at this time, you will be cancer free and healed. Good luck! HUGS!

We are all here praying for
    We are all here praying for you Kari! Post when you can!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Kylez said:

We are all here praying for
    We are all here praying for you Kari! Post when you can!

Kari, I'm a little late but
    Kari, I'm a little late but I know that you will come thru your surgery fine and have beautiful breasts when its all done. I'm having a masectomy in a couple of weeks, one breast no reconstruction. I have the same fears and also wonder how its going to feel to look down at my "no breast" side. I'm sure I'll feel the loss but I hope I'll breathe a sigh of relief that its over and hope that one day soon we can celebrate! Post when you can and prayers and best wishes coming to you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Kari, I'm a little late but
    Kari, I'm a little late but I know that you will come thru your surgery fine and have beautiful breasts when its all done. I'm having a masectomy in a couple of weeks, one breast no reconstruction. I have the same fears and also wonder how its going to feel to look down at my "no breast" side. I'm sure I'll feel the loss but I hope I'll breathe a sigh of relief that its over and hope that one day soon we can celebrate! Post when you can and prayers and best wishes coming to you.

Sending you lots of support
    Sending you lots of support for today!
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Sending you lots of support
    Sending you lots of support for today!

Kari
    I hope all went well

Kari

I hope all went well today! You have a lot of us around you during your hospital stay.
    Sher
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Sorry
    Sorry I missed your post. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care,

P
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Sorry
    Sorry I missed your post. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care,

P

Kari, I thought of you
    Kari, I thought of you throughout the day, and I hope that everything went well for you.
    Please ask your daughter to post & let us know how you are doing. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery...