Options
2»

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    leesag said:

Leesa's Husband Here!
    Hello everyone - Leesa was just taken to the OR a few minutes ago, and she asked me to post a few words here.

As Leesa has already mentioned, we switched hospitals at the last moment due to our little snow shower here in Baltimore. Baltimore is now closed, and no cars are allowed on the road. Thank God Dr. Im called and set us up with a room across from Mercy Hospital. (We were a little surprised when we discovered our "room" was a two bedroom suite.. and we were even more surprised when we found out that this was Dr. Im's room, and he gave it up for us). We all know a good doctor cares for his/her patients, but what he did for her was a whole new level of caring.

We had to wait all day in pre-op, and Leesa's nerves were shot. I asked the nurse to get the anesthesiologist, and he hooked her up with some sedation. (Sadly, he would not give any to me, as my nerves are a little fried too).

We expect at least an overnight stay in the ICU, and with luck, we'll be home by the weekend.

Thank you all for your support, advice, friendship, caring, and kindness. It is all much needed, and very appreciated.

God Bless You All.

Hey, Leesa's Husband...
    Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop. Your doctor sounds like a keeper. With a heart like that, you know he will do his best for Leesa.

I did not have to spend any time in the ICU, even though I had a big, big surgery, so you might be pleasantly surprised. I was 16 days in the hospital and my husband stayed with me through it all. He says he feels your pain. LOL

Saying prayers for Leesa....and you, too.

Carlene
  • cancer survivor x 4
    Options
    leesag said:

Leesa's Husband Here!
    Hello everyone - Leesa was just taken to the OR a few minutes ago, and she asked me to post a few words here.

As Leesa has already mentioned, we switched hospitals at the last moment due to our little snow shower here in Baltimore. Baltimore is now closed, and no cars are allowed on the road. Thank God Dr. Im called and set us up with a room across from Mercy Hospital. (We were a little surprised when we discovered our "room" was a two bedroom suite.. and we were even more surprised when we found out that this was Dr. Im's room, and he gave it up for us). We all know a good doctor cares for his/her patients, but what he did for her was a whole new level of caring.

We had to wait all day in pre-op, and Leesa's nerves were shot. I asked the nurse to get the anesthesiologist, and he hooked her up with some sedation. (Sadly, he would not give any to me, as my nerves are a little fried too).

We expect at least an overnight stay in the ICU, and with luck, we'll be home by the weekend.

Thank you all for your support, advice, friendship, caring, and kindness. It is all much needed, and very appreciated.

God Bless You All.

Mercy Hospital
    Hello Leesa's Husband,
    I also had the same surgery, at Mercy Hospital, back in June of 2009. I am so happy she is in that hospital with that doctor. Dr.Um also saw me every morning during rounds. She should only be in CCU overnight and then moved to a regular room in the morning. Please keep us informed. Everything will be just fine. You will see. Thank-You, Paula
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    leesag said:

Leesa's Husband Here!

God Bless You All.

Dear Lessa's husband,
    Lessa is so blessed to have you as a husband!!!! THanks for the kind words and for keeping us posted.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Kathleen
    in Japan
  • dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183
    Options
    kayandok said:

Dear Lessa's husband,
    Lessa is so blessed to have you as a husband!!!! THanks for the kind words and for keeping us posted.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Kathleen
    in Japan

JCL
    That means Johnny Come Lately, and that's what I probably am, but on that oily hair thing, I remember baby powder is the best to use.

Linda