merinol or mediclal marijuana for nausea

Options
2»

Comments

• jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    Options
    worked great
    My last treatment went fine. I smoked through the vaporizer on Monday night and the nausea was gone immediately. Tuesday I felt so good I went for my 3.5 mile walk and then to the movies. I brought along some lemon bar but didn't need it. Wed and thurs were a little harder but my bowels woke up within two days instead of the usual 5. So by Thursday I just took compozine once and was done with nausea by friday. I did suck on peppermints on Friday just in case. Anyway, my dr is signing the papers for the license and the co-op is $40 a year. Not bad. The lemon bars made it harder to monitor how much I ingested. So on Wednesday when I went back to my onc office to give back the pump, I started feeling really weird all of a sudden. It hit about an hour after I had taken a piece of the lemon bar. When I went out to the car to drive home, I thought I'd have to call one of my kids to come pick me up. Just what I would want. "Hey, can you come pick me up? Mom stoned!!" Well, thank goodness it cleared just as fast as it came on and within 10 minutes I was able to drive myself home. So I'm going to use the vaporizer more than the bars. But both do work wonders.
    JIll
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    jillpls said:

worked great
    My last treatment went fine. I smoked through the vaporizer on Monday night and the nausea was gone immediately. Tuesday I felt so good I went for my 3.5 mile walk and then to the movies. I brought along some lemon bar but didn't need it. Wed and thurs were a little harder but my bowels woke up within two days instead of the usual 5. So by Thursday I just took compozine once and was done with nausea by friday. I did suck on peppermints on Friday just in case. Anyway, my dr is signing the papers for the license and the co-op is $40 a year. Not bad. The lemon bars made it harder to monitor how much I ingested. So on Wednesday when I went back to my onc office to give back the pump, I started feeling really weird all of a sudden. It hit about an hour after I had taken a piece of the lemon bar. When I went out to the car to drive home, I thought I'd have to call one of my kids to come pick me up. Just what I would want. "Hey, can you come pick me up? Mom stoned!!" Well, thank goodness it cleared just as fast as it came on and within 10 minutes I was able to drive myself home. So I'm going to use the vaporizer more than the bars. But both do work wonders.
    JIll

Jill
    That is great news!
    I'll smoke to that!
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Jill
    That is great news!
    I'll smoke to that!

Pass it over!!! hehehe
    Hate to say "I told you so" but "I told you so".

I'll smoke to that too
    Brooks
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    jen58 said:

hmmm
    lisa -- why on earth would u be concerned about kids in the house and smoking it? it's legal and it's a medicine... can u not tell your kids that you are doing it cuz it is what will help you not be sick?

we've been honest with our daughter about our use and talk to her openly about it all the time and also show her movies and literature that try to claim that it doesn't work -- she knows the truth

eating it is not the best way to get what relief you need from it -- smoke it and dont be afraid -- there is nothing wrong with it

you've got to get past the social stigma of it being wrong, especially when u have a MM card...

I agree, but...
    Jen,

You're right, actually, but it's hard to get past the stigma when my husband is so adamently against me using mj, even legally. I've explained it all, shown articles about how it's the only thing that helps many people, etc. & he's still worried about having it in the house, driving home w/ it in the car, etc. due to raids, etc. I've read about a cop pulling someone over who had it legally and even had their card on them & they still got in trouble and ended up having to prove themselves "legal" in court. Just sounds like a big hassle.
    But, now as I'm once again facing a clinical trial of some sort of chemo in the next couple of weeks, I know I won't be able to deal w/ the nausea again and I really, really dread that. So, who knows... I think that if I end up getting nauseated again, I just may smoke it anyhow- anything for relief. As the guy in the shop told me, there should be no worry for someone like me using it- a cancer patient is the "poster child" for who is allowed to use it legally.
    Such mixed feelings here on this...

Lisa
  • JPJC
    JPJC Member Posts: 6
    Options

Pass it over!!! hehehe
    Hate to say "I told you so" but "I told you so".

I'll smoke to that too
    Brooks

Medical Marijuana and Marinol
    The pot worked for me almost immediately! My usual weight is near 170 and I was down to about 135 for a while after chemo.

Anyway, a courageous friend gave me some and as soon as I smoked it, I got the munchies and started eating. I am grateful to this friend because marijuana is still illegal in this state and I am a former probation officer, so this person gave this to me knowing that it was a little risky to do so. I will always be grateful for it.

Recently, a friend died of breast cancer. Close to the end of her life, she had almost no appetite and said if I would bring her some pot, she would try it. I could not find any to give her! That sucks, because, who knows, it could have helped her.

My oncologist prescribed Marinol to me. It was better than nothing, but not much.