dumping again...

Options

Comments

• newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    (((big hugs)))
    (((Big hugs)))it might be the time of the year too... I feel like this often yet everything seems to be going well... Take care xoxoxoxo Lisa
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I thought I would send in the Fab 4 to cheer you up!
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
    Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
    and I say it's all right
    It's all right

Love from Liverpool and from me! :-)
    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Funk and Beatles Sunshine
    Hope you are feeling at least a little better this morning. Taleena and all of you. It's good to know,at least, that none of us are alone in having these sad,heavy days and nights, and times when you cry for no new reason. The continuing reasons are bad enough!

It is rainy and gray again down in this part of the state, too. My house is also a mess, with no daughters' boyfriends to justify the clutter, just me. Tired from work, too. And I've been off 3 days! I am going to take everyone's advice and get some light and get out of the house today. A museum or observatory would be perfect, but in my town, Target may have to do. Colorful anyway! Wishing you T and all of our sisters a brighter day.

Oh, by the way, I do hear the Beatles' song in my head now. That has always been one of my favorite Beatles songs, along with Yellow Submarine. So, thanks for the musical lift, Claudia!
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hope you are feeling at least a little better this morning. Taleena and all of you. It's good to know,at least, that none of us are alone in having these sad,heavy days and nights, and times when you cry for no new reason. The continuing reasons are bad enough!

It is rainy and gray again down in this part of the state, too. My house is also a mess, with no daughters' boyfriends to justify the clutter, just me. Tired from work, too. And I've been off 3 days! I am going to take everyone's advice and get some light and get out of the house today. A museum or observatory would be perfect, but in my town, Target may have to do. Colorful anyway! Wishing you T and all of our sisters a brighter day.

Oh, by the way, I do hear the Beatles' song in my head now. That has always been one of my favorite Beatles songs, along with Yellow Submarine. So, thanks for the musical lift, Claudia!

Claudia, thanks for the

Claudia, thanks for the lift. It's sunny here today, and I'm not working, so it's a good day! (We live under a perpetual cloud in Syracuse from November until February, so this is a bonus day). Hope the sun comes to all of your towns! Just feeling its warmth will help lift your spirits.

Joyce
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Dear T, I absolutely get
    Dear T, I absolutely get what you are saying. I haven't been posting lately because I have been so down, exhausted, emotional, etc. I haven't been able to "connect" with anyone/thing in several weeks. I haven't even wanted to. I know this will pass...I know I will start to feel better...I'm already feeling less sick from the chemo, but wasn't expecting the fatigue from rads at all. To force myself out of this slump, I started going to the gym again. I am doing very light workouts and see a little progress each time I go back. This has certainly helped with my general outlook. Hopefully next week I can go to the gym for 3 days. Just keep setting small goals and don't be so hard on yourself. Good luck and hang in there! You are not alone, Pitt
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Down
    Hi Taleena,

There is nothing wrong with feeling down once in a while. It's natural. The winter sure doesn't help. I live in New England and it has been a while since we have seen the sun. It's actually out today although it's still cold out. I went for a drive. Sometimes it's just getting out of the house that helps. I have bouts when I feel down as well. Sometimes a good cry is what we all need. I find I don't watch the news too much, too depressing. Watch the style channel or something more uplifting. I hope you get out of your funk soon. (((hugs)))
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Hang In There
    I get down every now and then. It has been very cold, dreary, cloudy, and fogging in Kansas City too. The weather could be part of the cause of me feeling down. The other reason is that I get tired. Tired of the treatments; tired of the side effects; tired of the lingering effects cancer leaves you with; and I really get frustrated that my body and my life can not return to the way they were prior to cancer. So my fix for this is to go and do something fun like go shopping or go and get some really good take-out.

Hang in there.

P
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

No Sun
    I know how you feel. I just said something to my rads girls yesterday. We have not seen the sun like you said don't remember when. Maybe next week one day. Today is the worst, Gray sky, rain, fog. House is dark.Need something to do can't wait for spring.

I'm with you Kat.. I can't
    I'm with you Kat.. I can't wait for sunshine... sounds like your getting the same weather we have here... somebody turn on the sunshine!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options

(((big hugs)))
    (((Big hugs)))it might be the time of the year too... I feel like this often yet everything seems to be going well... Take care xoxoxoxo Lisa

Thanks Lisa... hugs are
    Thanks Lisa... hugs are great... hope things continue to go well for you

&hearts & hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options

(((big hugs)))

Thanks Lisa... hugs are
    Thanks Lisa... hugs are great... hope things continue to go well for you

&hearts & hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    chenheart said:

I thought I would send in the Fab 4 to cheer you up!
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
    Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
    and I say it's all right
    It's all right

Love from Liverpool and from me! :-)
    Hugs,
    Chen♥

Oh Chen... thank you my
    Oh Chen... thank you my friend... I could hear the music in my head, and I was singing along...lol...that's another pick me up that I forgot about... music... how could I forget something so very simple.... thank you for the reminder...

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Hang In There
    I get down every now and then. It has been very cold, dreary, cloudy, and fogging in Kansas City too. The weather could be part of the cause of me feeling down. The other reason is that I get tired. Tired of the treatments; tired of the side effects; tired of the lingering effects cancer leaves you with; and I really get frustrated that my body and my life can not return to the way they were prior to cancer. So my fix for this is to go and do something fun like go shopping or go and get some really good take-out.

Hang in there.

P

T,
    I am sending a big cyber

T,
    I am sending a big cyber hug your way. Hope that your spirits lift.
    Stef
  • taleena
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Hang In There

Hang in there.

P

P... did you say Kansas
    P... did you say Kansas City???? I must have missed something.. are you in Kansas City????
  • taleena
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Thanks Moopy.... I am
    Thanks Moopy.... I am feeling much better.. it is very comforting to know that I am not the only one who gets into a funk... Not that I wish a funk on any of my dear warrior sisters... I guess sometimes I just really feel alone... and I forget, I need only to reach out...and that feeling suddenly disappears.... after all I have all of you...

Moopy, I'm glad you are getting out of the house...and don't worry about the house... you have been through quite the year, and are adjusting to being back to work..go easy on yourself.

Thank you friends... ♥ & hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    pitt said:

Dear T, I absolutely get
    Dear T, I absolutely get what you are saying. I haven't been posting lately because I have been so down, exhausted, emotional, etc. I haven't been able to "connect" with anyone/thing in several weeks. I haven't even wanted to. I know this will pass...I know I will start to feel better...I'm already feeling less sick from the chemo, but wasn't expecting the fatigue from rads at all. To force myself out of this slump, I started going to the gym again. I am doing very light workouts and see a little progress each time I go back. This has certainly helped with my general outlook. Hopefully next week I can go to the gym for 3 days. Just keep setting small goals and don't be so hard on yourself. Good luck and hang in there! You are not alone, Pitt

Oh Pitt...what an
    Oh Pitt...what an inspiration you are.. with everything your going through...your going to the gym to top it all off... Okay..telling myself I need to get off my arse...exercise I know releases indorphines and can brighten your mood... so what have I done with this tiny nugget of information....well, I guess I've sat on it...literally... guess I should put it to use...Thanks for the reminder!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    mom62 said:

Down
    Hi Taleena,

There is nothing wrong with feeling down once in a while. It's natural. The winter sure doesn't help. I live in New England and it has been a while since we have seen the sun. It's actually out today although it's still cold out. I went for a drive. Sometimes it's just getting out of the house that helps. I have bouts when I feel down as well. Sometimes a good cry is what we all need. I find I don't watch the news too much, too depressing. Watch the style channel or something more uplifting. I hope you get out of your funk soon. (((hugs)))

mom62... that's it... how
    mom62... that's it... how about comedy central... I agree I need to turn off the darned news... it is way too depressing... maybe I'll watch it again when spring arrives... and obviously getting out is a big help to.

Thank you my friend.

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    fauxma said:

T,
    I am sending a big cyber

T,
    I am sending a big cyber hug your way. Hope that your spirits lift.
    Stef

I feel it Stef...thank you
    I feel it Stef...thank you my friend..

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    taleena said:

P... did you say Kansas
    P... did you say Kansas City???? I must have missed something.. are you in Kansas City????

Yes.
    Yes I live in Kansas City, Missouri. Feel better.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    So sorry, T...
    I'm a day late here. Hope today, Sunday, was at least a bit better for you. For all of us who live in a four season climate, this time of year - grey and cold - can bring these types of feelings, even without BC to worry about!

One thing for sure, though - physical fatigue plays havoc with emotions. Since work is a priority, rest whenever you can. Let go of other chores, accept/or ask for help. Take it easy. And alternately, do things that are enjoyable whenever you're up for it. Per Moopy's plans - a little Retail Therapy can do wonders. I was out "shopping" (didn't actually buy anything) with a friend on Friday - the stores are filled with things for Spring!

And, the days ARE getting longer...

Take good care, always, friend.

Kindest regards, Susan
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Options

So sorry, T...
    I'm a day late here. Hope today, Sunday, was at least a bit better for you. For all of us who live in a four season climate, this time of year - grey and cold - can bring these types of feelings, even without BC to worry about!

One thing for sure, though - physical fatigue plays havoc with emotions. Since work is a priority, rest whenever you can. Let go of other chores, accept/or ask for help. Take it easy. And alternately, do things that are enjoyable whenever you're up for it. Per Moopy's plans - a little Retail Therapy can do wonders. I was out "shopping" (didn't actually buy anything) with a friend on Friday - the stores are filled with things for Spring!

And, the days ARE getting longer...

Take good care, always, friend.

Kindest regards, Susan

Me too...
    Its funny how you can feel so good one day and the next day you are so down and you can't figure out why. I'm in PA so sunny days are few and far between at this time of the year. People at work are being nasty, Im tired of working and I just want to get started with this radiation and be done..... My hair is coming back but its mostly grey and not long enough to go without the wig....I'm sick of hats and wigs !!!

Oh well, "Cleanng for a Reason" are coming to clean my house tomorrow. That should make me smile.

Judy