Options
    I attribute my good color to my great hair style
    and self tanning creams
    Peace
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Kari please believe that you
    Kari please believe that you are beautiful no matter what kind of 'color" you have. I know that you know based on your postings, that beauty is much deeper than our color and its quite obvious to me that your beauty is showing inside and out. Peace to You.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Kari please believe that you
    Kari please believe that you are beautiful no matter what kind of 'color" you have. I know that you know based on your postings, that beauty is much deeper than our color and its quite obvious to me that your beauty is showing inside and out. Peace to You.

Sending you a hug ((((((((Kari )))))))
    Natly said it the best Kari! You are beautiful! Stupid people say stupid things. And, I would have no idea what they would mean by that unless it is just another way to say that you look good for what you are going thru. And, you vent here whenever you want. That is part of this sites purpose in my estimation. And, we are your sisters to listen and to support you always!

Sue :)
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    chenheart said:

One last thought.....
    I have been giving this "good color" thing a bit more thought. Seriously, I have a good friend who was REALLY ill, and not from cancer. And his color was not good. Not good at all. I am not talking about pale, but a grey-ish, OMG, are you going to die soon color.
    I think when our friends see us, yes we look pale and tired, but we don't have that frighteningly verge of death coloring. And, it may just very well be that our friends are truly happy that our coloring is GOOD.

My final words on this subject! Until I once again tackle the what only SEEMS to be healthy skin. The tan skin, which is really, really, really unhealthy! But I leave that unpopular topic for anouther day! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I got the how great I looked
    I got the how great I looked all of the time and still do. I started just saying " Oh, I do?" Making it like a question so that they had to come back with some reply to explain their comment. LOL I don't understand the "good color" comment. That is a new one. Take care Kari!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    I dont mean to beat this to
    I dont mean to beat this to you know what. However, I attended a meeting yesterday with my fellow co horts at work, and guess what they said to me, 'you've got good color, your coloring looks great". I really wanted to chuckle, particularly after reading Kari's post earlier in the day, but instead said, 'Oh yeah, well thank you". It must have been my overused blush!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Try to ignore them...
    Them = all who "speak" without thinking...
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Try to ignore them...

Dumb = Dumber
    Remember that thread on here with all of the stupid comments people say to us? Some were funny, some were puzzling, some were mean and some were just plain stupid. I think the comment that you got was just plain stupid. Don't let it bother you. I am glad that you came here to vent it out. We will listen and support you!

KYLEZ ♥
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Everybody tells
    me...Oh,is this how your hair came back-you've got so much of it now!I swear,sometimes I get so tired of being the bc survivor "poster girl"!
  • diane720
    diane720 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I get the same thing. Some
    I get the same thing. Some people will tell me how "good" I look and "I can't tell your sick". Or better yet," wow you didn't lose you hair?" Uhmmmm... its a wig!! hello!! Although some things are better left unsaid, I beleive that people mean well. They're just not in our shoes.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Try to ignore them...

I am sorry. It seems that
    I am sorry. It seems that so many say the wrong things to us and unfortunately, sometimes it really hurts. I wish they would just say nothing.

Angie
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Hear Ya
    I was on this job site, working with another guy. The security guard was checking our clearance badges. I had my back turned, so when the guard went to ask to check my credentials, he said "excuse me sir,..." When I turned around, he quickly changed the sir to madame. I told him, I get that alot. He said, " Well you have a bandana on like other guys wear." I just said there is a reason I wear a bandana and showed him my badge. He went on to say that his mother wore bandanas. I thought about saying, "Oh, did your mother have cancer too?" But decided not to say anything. See, I think you can tell when someone is being mean; when someone is being stupid; or when someone just doesn't know how to act. The guy made a mistake. And when he tried to recover he just made it worse. I don't think he meant anything by what he said. He now is my best bud and spends a few minutes talking to me before I do my job. He knows alot about the history of Kansas City.

There are times when people say something to me and it hits me wrong. It hits me so wrong that I want to hurt them with my fists or my words. But it has recently come to me that I am short of energy and there is a slight chance my cancer could return, so why do I want to waste my precious moments addressing the stupid, ignorant, mean, and hateful people of the world. It is easy to just ignore them and go on living my life. Like the song says, accentuate the positive. But to each his/her own.

P
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

I Hear Ya
    I was on this job site, working with another guy. The security guard was checking our clearance badges. I had my back turned, so when the guard went to ask to check my credentials, he said "excuse me sir,..." When I turned around, he quickly changed the sir to madame. I told him, I get that alot. He said, " Well you have a bandana on like other guys wear." I just said there is a reason I wear a bandana and showed him my badge. He went on to say that his mother wore bandanas. I thought about saying, "Oh, did your mother have cancer too?" But decided not to say anything. See, I think you can tell when someone is being mean; when someone is being stupid; or when someone just doesn't know how to act. The guy made a mistake. And when he tried to recover he just made it worse. I don't think he meant anything by what he said. He now is my best bud and spends a few minutes talking to me before I do my job. He knows alot about the history of Kansas City.

There are times when people say something to me and it hits me wrong. It hits me so wrong that I want to hurt them with my fists or my words. But it has recently come to me that I am short of energy and there is a slight chance my cancer could return, so why do I want to waste my precious moments addressing the stupid, ignorant, mean, and hateful people of the world. It is easy to just ignore them and go on living my life. Like the song says, accentuate the positive. But to each his/her own.

P

lets have some compassion
    People not so long ago we were like those people. It is awkward, what do you say to someone, God you look like hell?" My complexion looks wonderful right now. And I have to agree with people I do look good. I had one friend tell me, Vicki you look good but how do you really feel? I asked her if she really wanted to know and she said yes she did. I told her I felt like crap and bless her heart she started crying and just about hugged the wadding out of me! She said she felt so guilty and so helpless. You know the ole there but by the grace of God. So lets cut people some slack.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

lets have some compassion
    People not so long ago we were like those people. It is awkward, what do you say to someone, God you look like hell?" My complexion looks wonderful right now. And I have to agree with people I do look good. I had one friend tell me, Vicki you look good but how do you really feel? I asked her if she really wanted to know and she said yes she did. I told her I felt like crap and bless her heart she started crying and just about hugged the wadding out of me! She said she felt so guilty and so helpless. You know the ole there but by the grace of God. So lets cut people some slack.

HOW ABOUT...........
    People SIMPLY asking "How are you?" instead of the stupid, oh your color is good..what color are we supposed to be?......oh you don't look sick........how bad is it?......Common sense goes a long way........or.........say nothing at all! I was NEVER one of those people who said stupid things........just How are you? Is there anything I can do for you?
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    MAJW said:

HOW ABOUT...........
    People SIMPLY asking "How are you?" instead of the stupid, oh your color is good..what color are we supposed to be?......oh you don't look sick........how bad is it?......Common sense goes a long way........or.........say nothing at all! I was NEVER one of those people who said stupid things........just How are you? Is there anything I can do for you?

Hi Kari ♥
    I can't add much to what everyone else has posted. All I can say is how beautiful you are no matter what! You truly are inside and out!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Ms.Lefty
    Ms.Lefty Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I really DID have good color ...
    ... Because I wore makeup all the time! (I was lucky, my brows & lashes didn't fall out, and it was winter so I went wig-crazy.)

I just joined after seeing this thread. Let me see if I can get my "bald" photo visible for you all ...
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    good color
    I just had some one say that to me the other day.I did not know what to say.I am not sure why they said it.Like some of you ,I am the palest I ever been in my life.I used to be tan allot.it is strange to me also to hear this now.I just smiled and went on.(Pat).