Update

Comments

• melissaincali
    melissaincali Member Posts: 34

Phoebe
    Words can not express how sorry I am for your loss. May God bring you peace during this time. Our love and thoughts go out to you and your boys during this very sad time.

In Love,
    Diane

So Terribly Sorry
    Phoebe,
    Just read your news. My deepest sympathy to your family. My heart goes out to you and your boys. I will be thinking of you in the coming days and praying for strength, courage, and much needed rest for you. I have been without my wonderful husband Brant for a month now and have an almost 4 year old boy. Please let me know if I can help in anyway or if you ever want to talk.
    Love,
    Melissa
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member

Michael
    Michael lost the battle this morning around 9:30 AM. Me and my boys were at his side. I didn't think I had so many tears left in me but the tears are still coming and I wonder if they will subside....

Phoebe and Family
    I hate this disease and what it does to families. I am so sorry. I had hoped and hoped and hoped but it was not to be. You are so courageous and must have loved Michael so much, you did everything in your power to help him. He was a very lucky man to have you. With much love and sorrow - Tina
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member

Michael
    Michael lost the battle this morning around 9:30 AM. Me and my boys were at his side. I didn't think I had so many tears left in me but the tears are still coming and I wonder if they will subside....

I am so sorry for your
    I am so sorry for your loss.

What can anyone say? It is so hard to see good people dieing too young from this awful disease. I hope you find some comfort knowing he is out of his pain now. My wish for you is that each day the hurt is less, and time brings you more and more smiles at good memories, to replace the pain and tears of saying goodbye. You and your family are in my prayers.
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438

So Terribly Sorry
    Phoebe,
    Just read your news. My deepest sympathy to your family. My heart goes out to you and your boys. I will be thinking of you in the coming days and praying for strength, courage, and much needed rest for you. I have been without my wonderful husband Brant for a month now and have an almost 4 year old boy. Please let me know if I can help in anyway or if you ever want to talk.
    Love,
    Melissa

Phoebe
    I am so sorry that this disease took your husband and your boys father. It is infuriating. Both you and Michael were so courageous through his fight. If your love for each other had been enough to keep him here, I would not be typing this post. I hope that in the coming days you will find comfort in knowing that you did all that was possible to help him. You and your family will remain in my prayers.
    Joanne
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    JDuke said:

Phoebe
    I am so sorry that this disease took your husband and your boys father. It is infuriating. Both you and Michael were so courageous through his fight. If your love for each other had been enough to keep him here, I would not be typing this post. I hope that in the coming days you will find comfort in knowing that you did all that was possible to help him. You and your family will remain in my prayers.
    Joanne

Phoebe....
    How saddened I am by this news, thank you so much for letting us know, I hate this disease with a passion!! but know, he didn't give up, and the disease didn't win, he was now freed from it, and the good lord will guide him to where you will all be together again one day. Like Brooks said, I hope he holds the door open for me as well, I am in tears now, and feel saddened for you and your family. It's great you were by his side through all of it, and he didn't go alone, let me know if you ever need to talk, we're still here for you, and please stay with us and let us know how you and the boys are doing, we'll still be thinking of you all, and praying for you all.

Hugsss!!
    ~Donna
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member

Michael

Phoebe
    Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of Michael. You and your boys are in my prayers. I think we all hate this disease that has taken someone away from us. May God grant you peace as you and your boys face the days ahead.
  • heatherstar70
    heatherstar70 Member Posts: 39

Michael

heart broken for you
    i am so sad to hear of your loss.. i hate this disease so much.. i am at a loss for words.. i will pray for you and your family.. i hope god gives you peace. and i know he will.. my thoughts are with you through this difficult time..

Heather
  • banma
    banma Member Posts: 9

Michael

Condolences
    May you & the boys draw strength from your memories of Michael.

Death comes for all of us, but only the lucky are surrounded by loved ones.
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member

Michael

so sorry
    I am sorry for your loss but I am rejoicing in the fact that he is with cancer no more he is free of what burdened him and he is in the arms of the Lord , we are left to cry and wonder why some one so young had to leave this earth so early , the Bible tells us that when it is time for us to go it is because there is something in the future that we are being spared of. I didn't know you that long but it was long enough to know you loved your husband and will miss him forever. Please know I am praying for you and your family.
  • lcarper2

Michael

so sorry
    I am sorry for your loss but I am rejoicing in the fact that he is with cancer no more he is free of what burdened him and he is in the arms of the Lord , we are left to cry and wonder why some one so young had to leave this earth so early , the Bible tells us that when it is time for us to go it is because there is something in the future that we are being spared of. I didn't know you that long but it was long enough to know you loved your husband and will miss him forever. Please know I am praying for you and your family.
  • lcarper2

Michael

so sorry
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Shayenne said:

Phoebe....
    How saddened I am by this news, thank you so much for letting us know, I hate this disease with a passion!! but know, he didn't give up, and the disease didn't win, he was now freed from it, and the good lord will guide him to where you will all be together again one day. Like Brooks said, I hope he holds the door open for me as well, I am in tears now, and feel saddened for you and your family. It's great you were by his side through all of it, and he didn't go alone, let me know if you ever need to talk, we're still here for you, and please stay with us and let us know how you and the boys are doing, we'll still be thinking of you all, and praying for you all.

Hugsss!!
    ~Donna

I am so sorry.....
    So sorry for your loss. When my sister's husband passed away, all I could tell her was to be strong, one foot in front of the other, and one day, you will be alright! She told me she remembered those words and that kept her going.....hope it helps you some.

XXXXXXX
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Oh, dear.
    Oh, Phoebe.

I'm so very sorry. I just hate that you and your family have to go through this. If it is some small comfort to you in this horrible moment, I want to tell you that you sound like a very loving and wonderful caregiver. I'm sure you made Michael feel very loved.

Please continue to be part of our group and let us know how y'all are doing.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Phoebe
    Phoebe,
    My heart just breaks for you. You have been a wonderful caregiver to your beloved husband. I will continue to hold you and your boys in prayer. We will continue to be with you as you morn the loss of Michael. So very, very sorry.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    So sad for you
    Phoebe,
    I am so sorry for your loss. You, Mike and your family have been in my prayers. Please know that there are so many on this board that care so much. Let us know what we can do to help you get through these difficult days.

Hugs to you,

Priscilla in San Antonio
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Michael

I was once told...
    that "the only thing they can take with them is a piece of your heart".

Michael has but moved...from in front of your eyes, into your heart, where he will live on forever.

Hugs, Kathi
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member

Michael

Phoebe,
    I feel crushed to

Phoebe,

I feel crushed to hear this news. I am glad that you and the boys were at his side when it happened. I'm wrapping my arms around you in thought and in prayer.

May God carry you through this difficult time-
    Lisa
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    pf78248 said:

So sad for you
    Phoebe,
    I am so sorry for your loss. You, Mike and your family have been in my prayers. Please know that there are so many on this board that care so much. Let us know what we can do to help you get through these difficult days.

Hugs to you,

Priscilla in San Antonio

May god bless you and your family
    Dear Phoebe,
    May god bless you and your family and give you the time to mourn, the time to heal and the time to remember all the good times that you all had together. Be kind to yourselves.
    Much love,
    Donna
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Sincerest Condolences to Phoebe and Michael
    Phoebe

My heart like so many others on the board are saddened today. This is a post that we feared we might see, but hoping we would not. You kept us updated so well and I think we all knew from your updates that things were not going well, but we all kept up hope.

The Semi;Colon life is a hard one. When one of us Wins, we all win and when one of us Loses, then we all lose. And we have lost a great person in Michael today.

My words cannot adequately express what I'm feeling for you right now. I cannot think of anything worse than being a CareGiver and watching your loved one slip away while you care for them. You have a strength that is undeniable. In the short time you have been here, we have gotten to know you and have been glad to have you here with us.

Things are obviously much worse for you right now and I can't imagine what you are feeling and dealing with at this moment. I do pray that time will help to ease some of your pain. Your husband was a good man and he fought with all of his being to beat this thing. And you did all that you could do as his wife and CareGiver to help him with your battle.

I pray that he is at peace - and that you can find some solace to help you through these trying days ahead.

I want to thank you and Mike for your courage and bravery. You both have inspired many of us to new heights and you have showed all of us how to live our lives to the end with Grace and Dignity.

I can understand you wanting to forget about Cancer now - but perhaps in time you will come back and check in with us to tell us how you are doing. I feel that as a Caregiver that you would have much to offer the board on what it takes to be one. I hope to hear from you again one day.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family during this difficult time of your lives. My heart is heavy for you and it was a shock to read this first thing on Sunday morning. But there is never a good time for that.

The Semi;Colon family holds you in our hearts forever and we still walk with you on your continuing journey.

-Craig
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Phoebe
    Words can not express how sorry I am for your loss. May God bring you peace during this time. Our love and thoughts go out to you and your boys during this very sad time.

In Love,
    Diane

Sorry
    So sorry for your loss. It just seems such a short amount of time since he found out. Wishing you God's healing hands now and in the future.

Kim