Tomorrow (tonight) is a bit tough....

Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Kathi, I hope you are
    Kathi, I hope you are feeling stronger today. My mother and my family got the same kind of news you got, 28 years ago this month. Early one cold Sunday in January, a police car pulled up at our house. Two policemen came to the door. My brother Chuck, 2 years younger than me, had not come home the night before. My mom knew immediately. She had gone to bed while he was still out, which was not unusual.

I am not a mother, was not blessed that way. But I witnessed my mother's agony, and her lasting grief. My own shock and grief and permanent sense of loss are not to be compared with a mother's pain. I can only tell you I am so sorry that you lost your Steph, your little girl. I will pray for her tonight and for you.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Kathi, I hope you are
    Kathi, I hope you are feeling stronger today. My mother and my family got the same kind of news you got, 28 years ago this month. Early one cold Sunday in January, a police car pulled up at our house. Two policemen came to the door. My brother Chuck, 2 years younger than me, had not come home the night before. My mom knew immediately. She had gone to bed while he was still out, which was not unusual.

I am not a mother, was not blessed that way. But I witnessed my mother's agony, and her lasting grief. My own shock and grief and permanent sense of loss are not to be compared with a mother's pain. I can only tell you I am so sorry that you lost your Steph, your little girl. I will pray for her tonight and for you.

Kathi
    I was thinking praying for you and your daughter whole day.
    I was crying reading your post and sending my positive thoughts from the bottom of my heart.
    Thank you for sharing with us and being inspiration to this board.
    New Flower
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Kathi
    I was thinking praying for you and your daughter whole day.
    I was crying reading your post and sending my positive thoughts from the bottom of my heart.
    Thank you for sharing with us and being inspiration to this board.
    New Flower

Kathi... I missed this the
    Kathi... I missed this the other day... I just wanted to let you know that I hope as the years pass, that the day will slowly lose the weight of the loss, and become a day of peaceful celebration of the wonderful years you had together. I can't imagine, nor will I imply, an understanding, I think to lose a child goes against the natural progression of life... nothing can compare... this reminder will cause many of us to hug our children just a little bit tighter today... as I am sure she felt your arms last night.

My love & hugs,

~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Your dearest Miss Steph...
    Is your very own angel now, Kathi. As you were to her, as her mother, during her life on earth.

Kindest regards,
    Susan