Options
2»

Comments

• Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    mimivac said:

LOL, Jadie
    I LOVE this. And here I clicked on this expecting to read how I can get through the season without gaining 10 pounds! I actually do every single one of those things during the holidays, so I'm an expert already.

PS. Cindy, where can I find this Broguiere's Egg Nog?! I live in DC. Can I order it online? Sounds delish.

Mimi

Mimi
    I actually thought of you and felt guilty when I posted this. You are so good and eat right all the time. Well except for holidays. LOL

I love the taste of egg nog but can't drink it because it has raw eggs. Right? Wrong? That is what I have always heard.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Jadie said:

Mimi
    I actually thought of you and felt guilty when I posted this. You are so good and eat right all the time. Well except for holidays. LOL

I love the taste of egg nog but can't drink it because it has raw eggs. Right? Wrong? That is what I have always heard.

Not an egg nog drinker
    Not an egg nog drinker myself but I think that the egg nog mixes are pasteurized.
    Stef
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Love this post and all the
    Love this post and all the food tips. Whoever came up with this must have followed me around at a party. (Hope they didn't take pics.) My sister and I have this motto, "eat dessert first and if you're still hungry have dinner". Works for us. Don't we all want to skid into our final moments, and hollering "Woooooooooho, what a ride". LOL

haha
    Funny Jadie! Thanks!

KYLEZ ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

haha
    Funny Jadie! Thanks!

KYLEZ ♥

So funny Jadie
    This is great Jadie! I am laughing so hard that tears are rolling down my face.

Thanks for it!

Debby
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    DebbyM said:

So funny Jadie
    This is great Jadie! I am laughing so hard that tears are rolling down my face.

Thanks for it!

Debby

Jadie ♥ Lmao
    Good laughing material Jadie! I love them! Thanks!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Jadie ♥ Lmao
    Good laughing material Jadie! I love them! Thanks!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Jadie .. Still LOL .. Loved this
    list .. Printing it ... so I can place on the front of my refrigerator ..

Thanks for the good LAugh.

VickiSam
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Jadie .. Still LOL .. Loved this
    list .. Printing it ... so I can place on the front of my refrigerator ..

Thanks for the good LAugh.

VickiSam

Printing it off too
    I am printing this too! Thanks for the laugh Jadie!

Angie
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Funny
    Jadie,

Thanks. This lists makes me feel much better about the things I've been eating this week (I think I'll need to make mashed potatoes just to have something to go with the gravy).

The motto to live by is one for the books!

Wolfi
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Funny
    Jadie,

Thanks. This lists makes me feel much better about the things I've been eating this week (I think I'll need to make mashed potatoes just to have something to go with the gravy).

The motto to live by is one for the books!

Wolfi

Jadie
    These are a riot. Of course, I'll need to try and stuff it all in today while the effects of the Emend are with me since I just had my chemo yesterday. I'm usually OK with the nausea for a couple days. I'm glad I got to take home the mashed potatoes and gravy from the Christmas Eve dinner with my son and daughter-in-law last night. They were headed to dinner at her grandmothers and then Christmas dinner at her mother's (boy do I remember those days). That may be breakfast. Of course, I'll have to wait for pumpkin pie until I go to my daughter's today and bring what left of the mashed potatoes, gravy and green bean casserole. She took the ham and is making scrambled eggs and ham for a late-late brunch.
    Thank god I only have 1 more chemo. I've gained 16 pounds since this journey began because I want all my comfort foods and not in small quantities. YEP, I'm a stress eater. Once I'm done with chemo, it's back on that healthy diet of Mimivac's. I lost 53 pounds from January 09 until my surgery Sept 09 so will again. But now I think I'll go heat up the mashed potatoes and gravy for breakfast. Tee Hee!! Lola
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Oh Jadie... I love it...
    Oh Jadie... I love it... thank you ... I needed the reminder to "enjoy"...

♥ & hugs,

~T

HA! These are great Jadie!

HA! These are great Jadie!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

These are great!
    Thanks, Jadie!

(Taking copious notes and getting ready to go to the store to stock up on Egg Nog and gravy!)

BTW - for those of you ladies in So Cal - If you haven't ever tried the Broguiere's Egg Nog (comes from a local dairy, but my local Vons Pavilions has it) you MUST try some. Be warned that it will spoil you for Egg Nog for the rest of your life - so rich and creamy!!!!

Hope everyone can enjoy at least a bit of holiday cheer whether in the form of food, or just being with loved ones and relaxing!

These are so funny!
    Megan

These are so funny!

Megan
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    LC815 said:

"Life should NOT be a
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

This is the most beautiful motto I have ever read. I'm going to make a coat of arms for myself and get someone to translate this in Latin for me.

I LOVE IT!!

Linda
    I know a fellow who can translate for you. I'll use my influence and get back to you.(Did they have chocolate in Ancient Rome? Guess we'll find out!)
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed your Tips Earlier!
    Hey, Jadie, I loved your advice. Will print and post for next year. Overall, I think I managed pretty well except for the eggnog. Oh, by the way, you didn't include liquor-soaked fruitcake. The cakes made by the Assumption Abbey monks would not pass a breathalyzer test.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Sorry I missed your Tips Earlier!
    Hey, Jadie, I loved your advice. Will print and post for next year. Overall, I think I managed pretty well except for the eggnog. Oh, by the way, you didn't include liquor-soaked fruitcake. The cakes made by the Assumption Abbey monks would not pass a breathalyzer test.

These are great Jadie!
    Megan

These are great Jadie!

Megan