Did everyone who was in the Ornament Exchange get their ornament??? Or are some still waiting???

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, Secret Elves! I went back to the pages, and pages, and pages (!!) of emails sent/received with the names, addresses and match-ups of all of us. I do not see that anyone was left without an exchange partner. So, just wondering, did all of you get an ornament? Or are some still waiting? I would like to know, so that I can "gently nudge" or at least inquire if someone for some reason cannot participate, afterall. That way we at least know it wasn't lost in the mail . It is never far from my mind that the reason we are here on these boards is indeed BC~ and our best laid plans don't always pan out. We may not be feeling well, emotionally or physically, or both for that matter.

So Secret Sisters~ let me know if you did NOT get an ornament! And, if any of you need to "opt out"~ even a week before Christmas, let me know...I have other Secret Elves busy in the workshop waiting from word from me! :-)

Hugs,
Chen♥
«13

Comments

  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Mine arrived yesterday
    from Canada. It is a beautiful pink ribbon all glittery. Not a cancer-type ribbon but a package style ribbon and more hot pink. I was so excited that it came I actually opened it in the post office. Hope they appreciate the pink "fairy dust" left behind as we all know that glittery things leave a little behind. Since I have a small apt and small tree it takes center stage this year along with my angel collection. A fitting combination. Thanks if I'm reading the card right goes to Tasha! It's a great addition to my ornaments. Have a great Christmas. Lola
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

    Mine arrived yesterday
    from Canada. It is a beautiful pink ribbon all glittery. Not a cancer-type ribbon but a package style ribbon and more hot pink. I was so excited that it came I actually opened it in the post office. Hope they appreciate the pink "fairy dust" left behind as we all know that glittery things leave a little behind. Since I have a small apt and small tree it takes center stage this year along with my angel collection. A fitting combination. Thanks if I'm reading the card right goes to Tasha! It's a great addition to my ornaments. Have a great Christmas. Lola

    That sounds beautiful, Lola!
    That sounds beautiful, Lola! From Canada to Hawaii! It's nice to know the Postal Services work, isn't it? LOL Happy Holidays to you!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I got mine!
    A beautiful angel from MyTurnNow, which I'm finally putting on my tree today! I also received a PM from Cat64 that she received the ornament I sent, so you can check us off your list!

    Thanks again for putting this together - it was a wonderful idea that really helped me to get in the Christmas spirit this year and to connect even more closely with two new Sisters.

    Merry Christmas!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Still waiting--havent been
    Still waiting--havent been to the mailbox yet today--when I get to mailbox I'll write if something is waiting for me. ;)
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Letter from my secret sister, and oops on mine
    I got mine back today, I screwed up on the zip cose (going acorss the country and I put my own zip code) I will remail in am, and may even doe overnight or something.
    My card and note from my secret sister is very warming.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    natly15 said:

    Still waiting--havent been
    Still waiting--havent been to the mailbox yet today--when I get to mailbox I'll write if something is waiting for me. ;)

    Natly
    I happen to remember who your Ornament Elf is, and honestly I haven't seen her posting for some time now, so I will send her an email and double check.

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    Chen, if there are secret santa "orphans," I would love to send out another ornament. I had so much fun with the first one. It could even get there before Christmas if you can let me know soon. Thanks again for inventing and upholding this wonderful tradition!

    Mimi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I received mine from Jolene,
    I received mine from Jolene, too. Thanks, again, and a very Merry Christmas to you!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    mimivac said:

    Chen, if there are secret santa "orphans," I would love to send out another ornament. I had so much fun with the first one. It could even get there before Christmas if you can let me know soon. Thanks again for inventing and upholding this wonderful tradition!

    Mimi

    Thanks, Mimi! I appreciate
    Thanks, Mimi! I appreciate your loving heart! I will let you know by hopefully this evening, or early tomorrow at the latest!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    MyTurnNow said:

    I received mine from Jolene,
    I received mine from Jolene, too. Thanks, again, and a very Merry Christmas to you!!

    LOLA!
    It attived on time..........and I was soooooo slack in posting it. Thank goodness! Hugs to you, and to our Dear Chen..... and to everyone (I'm in a good mood!) LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    tasha_111 said:

    LOLA!
    It attived on time..........and I was soooooo slack in posting it. Thank goodness! Hugs to you, and to our Dear Chen..... and to everyone (I'm in a good mood!) LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Claudia = Dear ♥

    I hope that in future years, I will be able to participate. Being in the Government Witness Protection Program is no fun!

    Even though I couldn't participate in the ornament exchange, I want to thank you Claudia for putting smiles on these wonderful women's faces by implementing this.

    You are a dear ♥



    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Jeanne D said:

    Claudia = Dear ♥

    I hope that in future years, I will be able to participate. Being in the Government Witness Protection Program is no fun!

    Even though I couldn't participate in the ornament exchange, I want to thank you Claudia for putting smiles on these wonderful women's faces by implementing this.

    You are a dear ♥



    Love, Jeanne ♥

    Next time, dear Jeanne, just
    Next time, dear Jeanne, just throw caution to the wind and participate! I think you are already in jeopardy by TELLING us you are in the Witness Protection Program, and posting your picture! If you are going to be in trouble for something, or (yikes) danger~ at least you would have gotten an ornament to remember us by! :-)

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
    President, Wit-less Protection Program
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    chenheart said:

    Next time, dear Jeanne, just
    Next time, dear Jeanne, just throw caution to the wind and participate! I think you are already in jeopardy by TELLING us you are in the Witness Protection Program, and posting your picture! If you are going to be in trouble for something, or (yikes) danger~ at least you would have gotten an ornament to remember us by! :-)

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
    President, Wit-less Protection Program

    Mmmmm
    I KNEW I recognised her from somewhere....
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    I sent mine out weeks ago.
    Hi Chen,

    Mine went our to a sister in Tampa but I don't know if she received it. I received mine and it's beautiful!

    Roseann
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    The one I sent should have
    The one I sent should have been there no later than yesterday. There is a good reason why it was late getting out but not going to explain now.

    Haven't received any yet.
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    tasha_111 said:

    LOLA!
    It attived on time..........and I was soooooo slack in posting it. Thank goodness! Hugs to you, and to our Dear Chen..... and to everyone (I'm in a good mood!) LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Tasha
    I didn't mind the wait. It was worth it. Just being able to touch something that gives us a physical connection to each other is wonderful. But I still enjoy all the internet hugs. I know it's silly but I feel them. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas. Lola
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072

    Tasha
    I didn't mind the wait. It was worth it. Just being able to touch something that gives us a physical connection to each other is wonderful. But I still enjoy all the internet hugs. I know it's silly but I feel them. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas. Lola

    LOLA!
    ((((((LOLA))))))) I sent hugs...............I send Hugs to you and yours...........Jxxxxxxxx
  • Vonn
    Vonn Member Posts: 8
    Rague said:

    The one I sent should have
    The one I sent should have been there no later than yesterday. There is a good reason why it was late getting out but not going to explain now.

    Haven't received any yet.

    I am an orphan
    I didn’t get one yet. I sent out mine and got confirmation that it has arrived at its destination.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    I received mine... and
    I received mine... and Chen... what an organizer you are... thank you so much for doing this again this year... you can count me in anytime... and I'm with Mimi... if there are others out there, just say the word.

    Hugs,

    ~T
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    taleena said:

    I received mine... and
    I received mine... and Chen... what an organizer you are... thank you so much for doing this again this year... you can count me in anytime... and I'm with Mimi... if there are others out there, just say the word.

    Hugs,

    ~T

    CHEN!
    I feel a special link with the person who sent mine to me.........(Well she is the loveliest person here) and the lady I sent mine to (who is lovely too) Wow, Chen! What an organisational extravaganza! You are a STAR! Hugz JlzzXXXXXXXXXXXXXX