I canceled my surgery for today

2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Calleen said:

You Ladies
    are the best!! I have know idea how I would cope sometimes if it wasn't for each and everyone of you!! and you too guys!! I was telling my Daughter today how much this board has helped me cope throughout my battle.. I go to a support group meeting once a month but it's just not the same thing.. On here when any of us are having a struggle theres someone waiting to lend those comforting very much needed words of wisdom!! Thanks you all so much for supporting me on this.. It goes to show you that following our gut is the right thing to do!!!

Big Hugz!!

Calleen

Calleen
    I hope that you knew

Calleen
    I hope that you knew that I did not mean to say anything that might offend you. Just trying to interject a little humor. I thingk you did the right thing by putting this off until you are ready.
    Stef
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    fauxma said:

Calleen
    I hope that you knew

Calleen
    I hope that you knew that I did not mean to say anything that might offend you. Just trying to interject a little humor. I thingk you did the right thing by putting this off until you are ready.
    Stef

Of Course!!
    LOL.. I am in know way offended.. I should have said something..in fact I plan on going to one of those stores and find for some fake ones and surpise my boyfriend...LOL..and who knows maybe there will be some made out of chocolate!!!!...
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Nope
    Calleen,

You are NOT crazy. I've read of some women who have had nipple attachment surgery years after they had a mastectomy. There are also a lot who don't have the extra surgeries. I chose to not have any reconstruction after my bilateral and am happy with my decision. Personally, I can't imagine going through one or more surgeries to end up with something only my husband and myself would know about. For me - not worth the recovery time, but I know everyone is different and I support all the reconstruction decisions that others make for themselves.

Take your time. You'll know when (or if) it feels right to continue your reconstruction process.

Hugs.
    Wolfi