Surgery tomorrow

helen e
helen e Member Posts: 223
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Bi-lateral mastectomy with immediate TRAM Flap. I have to say that I'm a little anxiety ridden. I know that everything will be all right but I still can't seem to sleep. Finally it's hit me - this disease SUCKS! I'm scared.
«1

Comments

  • tigger99
    tigger99 Member Posts: 44
    Oh sweetie! Know that we
    Oh sweetie! Know that we are all here for you, that you will be in ALL our thoughts and prayers tomorrow and always. Before you know it, you'll be waking up from surgery and the beast will have been evicted! Eviction notice served and enforced!!!

    I pray that you wake up tomorrow with a sense of peace that goes beyond all understanding. After all, tomorrow is when you really take control of this beast.

    Huge huge hugs to you. You are much stronger than you realize right now. You can do this! Please post as soon as possible after surgery so we all know how you are doing.
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    tigger99 said:

    Oh sweetie! Know that we
    Oh sweetie! Know that we are all here for you, that you will be in ALL our thoughts and prayers tomorrow and always. Before you know it, you'll be waking up from surgery and the beast will have been evicted! Eviction notice served and enforced!!!

    I pray that you wake up tomorrow with a sense of peace that goes beyond all understanding. After all, tomorrow is when you really take control of this beast.

    Huge huge hugs to you. You are much stronger than you realize right now. You can do this! Please post as soon as possible after surgery so we all know how you are doing.

    Eviction notice
    I like the eviction notice tigger99. It is difficult going into any proceedure without some trepidation. But you have an army of pink warriors praying and sending you great vibes for any easy proceedure, quick recovery and excellant outcome. I will be adding to the prays for a calm now that will take you right through. Take Care and know we are all thinking of you and will be waiting for news.
    always becky
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    always said:

    Eviction notice
    I like the eviction notice tigger99. It is difficult going into any proceedure without some trepidation. But you have an army of pink warriors praying and sending you great vibes for any easy proceedure, quick recovery and excellant outcome. I will be adding to the prays for a calm now that will take you right through. Take Care and know we are all thinking of you and will be waiting for news.
    always becky

    Hang on for the roller coaster ride, Helen!
    I agree with tigger99's thought--you have served an eviction notice on your cancer and will be enforcing it tomorrow!! You go, girl!

    And it IS scary--I had my surgery on 11/6, and it wasn't as extensive as yours, so I didn't have as much to fear. Even so . . . my nerves were twanging! I just kept telling myself that I was getting rid of an alien that had invaded my body.

    I'll add you to my prayers, too--praying for a great outcome that will make all the work worth it!

    Hugs! Sandy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    always said:

    Eviction notice
    I like the eviction notice tigger99. It is difficult going into any proceedure without some trepidation. But you have an army of pink warriors praying and sending you great vibes for any easy proceedure, quick recovery and excellant outcome. I will be adding to the prays for a calm now that will take you right through. Take Care and know we are all thinking of you and will be waiting for news.
    always becky

    Praying for you
    Helen, I am wishing you good luck with your surgery. I like the eviction notice too. You are ridding your body of the beast. I will be praying for you!

    ♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    You are so right Helen!
    This disease does suck! I pray that your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly. Please update us when you feel like it on how you are doing.

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Positive vibes and easy rider to you Helen
    I am sitting waiting for a mastectomy date, so I too amn anxious!
    I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow and more, be sure to let everyone know how you are. Kill the beast!
    Peace
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Have no fear, we'll all be
    Have no fear, we'll all be right there with you, holding your hand. We can also help with the eviction, if need be! Take care and good luck tomorrow. Keep us posted.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

    Have no fear, we'll all be
    Have no fear, we'll all be right there with you, holding your hand. We can also help with the eviction, if need be! Take care and good luck tomorrow. Keep us posted.

    Good luck tomorrow Helen.
    Good luck tomorrow Helen. Sending you prayers and positive thoughts.

    HUGS
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441
    More people than you guess,
    More people than you guess, and people you don't even know, are praying for the best outcome for you! That has to be a good thing, right?
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    crselby said:

    More people than you guess,
    More people than you guess, and people you don't even know, are praying for the best outcome for you! That has to be a good thing, right?

    Helen
    Praying for you!


    Hugs, Diane ♥
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    Good thoughts your coming your way
    Hang in there Helen...you have a whole group of lovely women here thinking of you and sending you positive stuff. Let us know how your doing.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    pgrace35 said:

    Good thoughts your coming your way
    Hang in there Helen...you have a whole group of lovely women here thinking of you and sending you positive stuff. Let us know how your doing.

    Hey Helen
    I am sending you lots of prayers and lots of postive thoughts! We will all be with you in that operating room to support you. So, if you feel someone in the room, it is ALL of us!

    Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Ritzy said:

    Hey Helen
    I am sending you lots of prayers and lots of postive thoughts! We will all be with you in that operating room to support you. So, if you feel someone in the room, it is ALL of us!

    Sue :)

    Prayers and good thoughts
    Prayers and good thoughts for you today Helen!


    Debby
  • cantthink
    cantthink Member Posts: 36
    DebbyM said:

    Prayers and good thoughts
    Prayers and good thoughts for you today Helen!


    Debby

    wishing you the best
    I'm rooting for you too, in several months if my chemo goes well, I'll "get" to be in your
    place, I'm working on looking forward to it! I'm so wishing it goes well for you!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    cantthink said:

    wishing you the best
    I'm rooting for you too, in several months if my chemo goes well, I'll "get" to be in your
    place, I'm working on looking forward to it! I'm so wishing it goes well for you!

    Helen, Just wanted to let
    Helen, Just wanted to let you know you have an army praying and thinking of you and we're holding your hands. Soon this will be over and one more beast has been defeated. Take some deep breaths, hold on and tomorrow will be just fine. We're here for you and want to hear the good news as soon as you feel like letting us know. Much love coming your way.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Sunrae said:

    Helen, Just wanted to let
    Helen, Just wanted to let you know you have an army praying and thinking of you and we're holding your hands. Soon this will be over and one more beast has been defeated. Take some deep breaths, hold on and tomorrow will be just fine. We're here for you and want to hear the good news as soon as you feel like letting us know. Much love coming your way.

    Helen
    I know about this type of surgery from my own experience.
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow. everything will be fine.
    Good luck.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Jeanne D said:

    You are so right Helen!
    This disease does suck! I pray that your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly. Please update us when you feel like it on how you are doing.

    Love, Jeanne ♥

    Sending you lots of gentle
    Sending you lots of gentle hugs and prayers Helen. I hope you recover very quickly. We will miss you.


    Hugs, Leeza
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    HELEN
    Sending you lots of hugs and Prayers for tomorrow. It will be over before you know it!! Diane
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    chickad52 said:

    HELEN
    Sending you lots of hugs and Prayers for tomorrow. It will be over before you know it!! Diane

    Helen
    Helen,
    You will do just fine. Anxiety and scared are bumps in the road until the new pavement is ready to ride on. I had my double mastectomy in February and am fine. I did not have the tram procedure but did have the tissue expanders put in and then they were replaced with silicone implants last month.

    Best of luck and let us know how you are doing when you can.

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow as I drive to my one month post-op appointment.

    Gentle Hugs,
    Margo
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411

    Helen
    Helen,
    You will do just fine. Anxiety and scared are bumps in the road until the new pavement is ready to ride on. I had my double mastectomy in February and am fine. I did not have the tram procedure but did have the tissue expanders put in and then they were replaced with silicone implants last month.

    Best of luck and let us know how you are doing when you can.

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow as I drive to my one month post-op appointment.

    Gentle Hugs,
    Margo

    I remember all
    too well the night before surgery.. i couldn't sleep either!! But I sure did sleep during the surgery!! I even got drink a laxitive the night before AND give myself an enema the morning of..BUT I had lots of prayers and I did fine. I knew I had to do I wanted to do it and I did it!! I was calm when the time came and next thing I knew it was over and my loved ones were right there smiling at me!!

    I will be thinking and praying for you tonight tomorrow and there after in the recovery days..

    Big Hugz..

    Calleen