down today:(

Options
2»

Comments

• MelanieT
    MelanieT Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Buzzard said:

Put your husband on the line here.......
    First of all is hubbys name Chris ? OK, tell him that the next time anyone says anything negative about his diagnosis or prognosis tell him to just say...You and I have a different idea of where cancer will take me, cancer is going to take me to new heights in my life where the sun always shines and where I can appreciate every little detail where before I was only passing it all by. Cancer has slowed me down to where even you maam can't defray what I have learned during this journey, and I have to much to share to allow cancer to take over my life, much less take my life. So actually my life has just begun again, and with a closer eye to detail that only a near death experience could possibly bring to anyone. Melanie and Chris, I wouldn't say this if I really didn't think it true. At the end of a year from the moment of diagnosis to the final chemo treatment, you both will go through an enormous amount of strain, but at the end of that year cancer will be behind you and you new normal will start. It will happen, never lose faith, it will happen, just wait and see what I say...Your Buddy, Buzz

Thanks buzz you made me cry
    Thanks buzz you made me cry and this time because i was happy.... thank you:)
  • MelanieT
    MelanieT Member Posts: 186
    Options
    sfmarie said:

The stupid things people say
    Mel, don't listen to a stranger! Why would anyone be so cruel? Noone knows how your husband will respond to chemo and there are many, many survivors here that will tell you how great thy are doing! Yes, everyone is an expert. I hate when people do that. I had a friend today tell me she thought pallative care was not worth the burden it is putting on the rest of the country. OK, that really got my goat. Let's see her fight for her life!

We ran into her again
    We ran into her again yesterday and my husband knew how bad that all bothered me so when she came up he put his arm around her and said, "dont worry you will be the first one i send an invitation to my funneral" they walked away.. LOL she wouldnt even look at us.. I love that guy:)....thanks for all your support

love ya all,
    mel
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    MelanieT said:

We ran into her again
    We ran into her again yesterday and my husband knew how bad that all bothered me so when she came up he put his arm around her and said, "dont worry you will be the first one i send an invitation to my funneral" they walked away.. LOL she wouldnt even look at us.. I love that guy:)....thanks for all your support

love ya all,
    mel

Your husband is great
    Now that is funny - he handled that with good humor. If he doesn't let her get him down - you can't either!