Why I am not around these days....

mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello wonderful survivors and caregivers. I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know why I've been a no-show for the past few days. Well, I am spending all my time applying for a milestone promotion at work. It's an involved process with many essays, application pages, attachments, etc., and it's due on Friday! So, I've been buckling down and making a big push to get this done and hopefully have a promotion to celebrate over the holidays. I am thinking of all of you and will be checking in whenever I come up for air and need a break. My very, very best to all! I will definitely be back on soon. How can I stay away? Please wish me luck on this.

Mimi
«13

Comments

  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    HOORAY! Though we miss your
    HOORAY! Though we miss your awesome posts and pretty face, I am always so pleased when our sisters are indeed busy living that Life After Cancer we all are seeking!I couldn't be happier for you! I also have a sneaking suspicion that you are comparing the hard work you were doing personally at this time last year to the hard work you are doing professionally this year. What a lovely difference! I wish you the good luck you are requesting, but I don't think you are going to need it!

    Let us know WHEN you get that promotion!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

    HOORAY! Though we miss your
    HOORAY! Though we miss your awesome posts and pretty face, I am always so pleased when our sisters are indeed busy living that Life After Cancer we all are seeking!I couldn't be happier for you! I also have a sneaking suspicion that you are comparing the hard work you were doing personally at this time last year to the hard work you are doing professionally this year. What a lovely difference! I wish you the good luck you are requesting, but I don't think you are going to need it!

    Let us know WHEN you get that promotion!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Oh my gosh you so deserve
    Oh my gosh you so deserve this, wishing you the best. chen puts it best. I wish I had her words.
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    All
    the best to you, Mimi! If determination and energy has anything to do with it (of course it does), you can make it - if you can beat the beast, this should be a piece of cake ;-).
    -rainbow4
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    rainbow4 said:

    All
    the best to you, Mimi! If determination and energy has anything to do with it (of course it does), you can make it - if you can beat the beast, this should be a piece of cake ;-).
    -rainbow4

    Mimi, I am so proud of you
    Mimi, I am so proud of you after reading your post. Not only have you come a long way since this time last year, you have a bright future glooming in the coming years that will reward you as well. We are all pulling for your promotion, but I don't think you will need it...you have that "winning" way already. Congratulations on the "try"....let us know when it is accomplished. Hugs.

    Judy

    P.S. I have missed your posts, and kind of figured there was something wonderful going on with you.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    ........and life goes on
    Dosen't it? Bet you didn't think about doing something like this one year ago, did you? See you made it through and are now on to bigger and better things. So proud of you.

    Break a leg,
    Jadie<3
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Jadie said:

    ........and life goes on
    Dosen't it? Bet you didn't think about doing something like this one year ago, did you? See you made it through and are now on to bigger and better things. So proud of you.

    Break a leg,
    Jadie<3</p>

    Best Wishes Mimi. Can't wait
    Best Wishes Mimi. Can't wait to hear your news Friday. Let us celebrate with you.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Jadie said:

    ........and life goes on
    Dosen't it? Bet you didn't think about doing something like this one year ago, did you? See you made it through and are now on to bigger and better things. So proud of you.

    Break a leg,
    Jadie<3</p>

    Sweet Mimi or should I say Hard Working Mimi ♥

    You will get that promotion Mimi! I have missed you on here and wondered also where you were. I put in my head that Simon probably whisked you off to some exotic hot tropical island for some romantic time along together. Oops, that is my life. lol You get your work done and then you can come back to us more often. Need a hot cup of tea? I am right here for you...always!

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Sunrae said:

    Best Wishes Mimi. Can't wait
    Best Wishes Mimi. Can't wait to hear your news Friday. Let us celebrate with you.

    Welcome back
    Good luck to you Mimi!

    Debby
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Good luck! Hope you get the
    Good luck! Hope you get the promotion!
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Great for you mimi.positive vibes your way
    Peace
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Lynda53 said:

    Great for you mimi.positive vibes your way
    Peace

    Good luck!
    Hugs, Debby

    Good luck!

    Hugs, Debby
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    DebbyM said:

    Good luck!
    Hugs, Debby

    Good luck!

    Hugs, Debby

    Good luck
    Mimi!
    You definitely deserve it.
    We will celebrate with you!
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sending positive vibes your
    Sending positive vibes your way. Tell us all about your promotion on Friday.....you'll get it!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Mimi
    You are definitely

    Mimi
    You are definitely missed but what a great reason. I am sending my most positive thoughts your way that you get this promotion. I cannot imagine a better person for this job (and I don't even know what it is) than you. Your process sounds very much like grant writing or college applications and I know how ardorous they can be. I will keep all my apendages crossed that you are the chosen one. They will be lucky to have you for this job I am sure.
    Stef
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Go get em!
    Best wishes and good luck........
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Mimi you amaze me, you are
    Mimi you amaze me, you are the epitome of the "get back on the horse and get going" attitude, good for you glad you're working towards goals and making a future for yourself. There is the saying "We have cancer, cancer does not have us!" Always happy to hear of progress and happiness it just goes to show that life goes on after cancer and it can go on well.

    RE
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    MAJW said:

    Go get em!
    Best wishes and good luck........

    Good Luck!
    I'll be keeping you in my prayers - what a great way to end out the year! We'll all be celebrating right along with you!
    -Jenny
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    RE said:

    Mimi you amaze me, you are
    Mimi you amaze me, you are the epitome of the "get back on the horse and get going" attitude, good for you glad you're working towards goals and making a future for yourself. There is the saying "We have cancer, cancer does not have us!" Always happy to hear of progress and happiness it just goes to show that life goes on after cancer and it can go on well.

    RE

    Oh and Mimi? ♥
    I wanted to say how adorable your new picture is! You are a doll! Ok, that's it!

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Jeanne D said:

    Oh and Mimi? ♥
    I wanted to say how adorable your new picture is! You are a doll! Ok, that's it!

    Love, Jeanne ♥

    Mimi
    You WILL get that job.................You are the TOPS! Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    tasha_111 said:

    Mimi
    You WILL get that job.................You are the TOPS! Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Good luck Mimi! We miss your
    Good luck Mimi! We miss your insights though, so hurry back...
    Dee