I met our very own "Christmas Girl"....

Options
2»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Dear, dear RE...
    T and I spoke of how many of our pink sisters live in the SoCal area.

Could be a rather large gathering! Hopefully, some day.

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo

Dear TJ...
    And if I win the lottery - I'll come to visit you, friend!

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

Awesome
    I am so happy for you that you were able to meet and spend time with Susan.
    I am a little jealous but happy at the same time.

Margo

Dear Margo...
    There's another group in the Northeast, you included.

Could be another large gathering. Which I would love! :-)

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    elm3544 said:

That is so cool!
    I got to

That is so cool!
    I got to meet Maryann. We found out we went to the same oncologist's office a while back here on this board and we started emailing, then finally met in person. She is a wonderful woman and I am honored to call her my friend!

Elm - that is sooo cool, I agree!
    So happy you and Maryann met, too!

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

Aww, T...
    I am touched. If I actually "blushed" (I don't), I would be now...

:-)

Am so glad we took advantage, made the effort, to meet in person during that small window of time you had free during your very quick trip to/from the Chicago area. It was just as meaningful to me, too. To meet you, a true pink sister. To exchange actual physical hugs. For both of us - the very first time we met a fellow CSNer.

Conversation was easy and natural. Unlike a first time meeting between strangers. Of course, none of us are strangers here. Talked a bit about BC, then... lots of "life in general" in between,too... Nice, very nice - indeed.

Bonus: the husbands enjoyed themselves! It was Bob's first experience talking to the husband - your Dennis - of a breast cancer survivor. Yes, even though it's been six years for me.

Awesome, all the way around.

Yeah, I do know, T. Me, too. 'Nuf said...

Kindest regards,
    and sisterly love backatcha,
    Susan xo

P.S.: I'd like you all to know that T has very pretty and bright blue eyes, a lovely smile - and, she's tiny!!!

To EVERYONE...
    I live in Chicago!

So if you're ever near...

Just let me know.

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

To EVERYONE...
    I live in Chicago!

So if you're ever near...

Just let me know.

Kindest regards,
    Susan xo

It would be so much fun to
    It would be so much fun to meet all of you here. I think it is wonderful and you and T met. How special to put faces to our pictures and postings. I am envious in the most lovely way. More like hoping that someday it will be my turn to meet one of the wonderful people on this board. So Susan, which do you open first birthday or CHristmas presents?
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    fauxma said:

It would be so much fun to
    It would be so much fun to meet all of you here. I think it is wonderful and you and T met. How special to put faces to our pictures and postings. I am envious in the most lovely way. More like hoping that someday it will be my turn to meet one of the wonderful people on this board. So Susan, which do you open first birthday or CHristmas presents?
    Stef

Christmas gifts first, always...
    Along with everyone else. :-)

After the holiday dinner, we all gather in the living room and exchange Christmas presents. Then, it's back to the dining room again - for dessert and coffee. Yes, there's cake with candles - amongst other treats. Then I get my birthday gifts.

Everyone gets presents on my birthday, including all the extended family pets - the only holiday birthday where this is possible!

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Christmas gifts first, always...
    Along with everyone else. :-)

After the holiday dinner, we all gather in the living room and exchange Christmas presents. Then, it's back to the dining room again - for dessert and coffee. Yes, there's cake with candles - amongst other treats. Then I get my birthday gifts.

Everyone gets presents on my birthday, including all the extended family pets - the only holiday birthday where this is possible!

Kind regards,
    Susan

That sounds so nice. I hope
    That sounds so nice. I hope that you have the best Christmas/Birthday ever. We always did pet presents at Christmas. My sister's dog always gave everyone socks.
    Stef
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    late chiming in!
    I can't seem to access these boards from home as well as here at work, so SHHHH! don't tell.

T, I think that is so great that you were able to meet our Christmas Girl, we all have such a connection here, but yes, it is cyberspace, and sometimes seems "not real".

We are real! I also was able to meet one of our own not too long ago. I had lunch with Surfermom before her surgery. She was so happy to see someone from the boards that had been on the other side of chemo and have come out of it OK. We had a great meeting (instant connection) and have chatted since. We plan on visiting again because we live fairly close to each other, just with both of our surgeries going on, it hasn't happened yet.

So, I know how you feel getting to meet Susan (and Susan! we will meet soon too!).

Cat
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    fauxma said:

That sounds so nice. I hope
    That sounds so nice. I hope that you have the best Christmas/Birthday ever. We always did pet presents at Christmas. My sister's dog always gave everyone socks.
    Stef

Socks!
    Especially Christmas socks! And Christmas kitchen towels, too!

Gee, Stef - could we be related?!?
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    cats_toy said:

late chiming in!
    I can't seem to access these boards from home as well as here at work, so SHHHH! don't tell.

T, I think that is so great that you were able to meet our Christmas Girl, we all have such a connection here, but yes, it is cyberspace, and sometimes seems "not real".

We are real! I also was able to meet one of our own not too long ago. I had lunch with Surfermom before her surgery. She was so happy to see someone from the boards that had been on the other side of chemo and have come out of it OK. We had a great meeting (instant connection) and have chatted since. We plan on visiting again because we live fairly close to each other, just with both of our surgeries going on, it hasn't happened yet.

So, I know how you feel getting to meet Susan (and Susan! we will meet soon too!).

Cat

Dear Cat...
    Yep, one of these days... :-)

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Aww, T...
    I am touched. If I actually "blushed" (I don't), I would be now...

:-)

Am so glad we took advantage, made the effort, to meet in person during that small window of time you had free during your very quick trip to/from the Chicago area. It was just as meaningful to me, too. To meet you, a true pink sister. To exchange actual physical hugs. For both of us - the very first time we met a fellow CSNer.

Conversation was easy and natural. Unlike a first time meeting between strangers. Of course, none of us are strangers here. Talked a bit about BC, then... lots of "life in general" in between,too... Nice, very nice - indeed.

Bonus: the husbands enjoyed themselves! It was Bob's first experience talking to the husband - your Dennis - of a breast cancer survivor. Yes, even though it's been six years for me.

Awesome, all the way around.

Yeah, I do know, T. Me, too. 'Nuf said...

Kindest regards,
    and sisterly love backatcha,
    Susan xo

P.S.: I'd like you all to know that T has very pretty and bright blue eyes, a lovely smile - and, she's tiny!!!

yes, Dennis enjoyed himself
    yes, Dennis enjoyed himself too... very much in fact... besides that...shuuushhhh I'm a little green elf.. (lol)
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

late chiming in!

Cat

Cat... so glad that you too
    Cat... so glad that you too were able to experience meeting one of our fellow sisters.. what an experience it is... I am sure that the two of you will meet up again soon... good to see you on the board, even if it is from work... I do that too... but shhhhhhh... I won't tell if you don't.. ;-)

Hugs,

~T