Options
124»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    gezkie said:

hard to swallow
    I finished radiation on June 23 2010. If his mucous is green he will need tests, this happened to me for about 4 month after leaving the hospital. I was given and antibiotic, and I was on it for better than 6 month. finally the mucous changed to clear. Keep you lungs clear by deep breathing, drink water, that was my best friend over a years time, Oh almost forgot, ensure helped me a lot. Kept to soft boiled egg. I still on grated food. My stomach feed was on for a full year. It is still hard to eat because it is hard swallow, because of aspiration. My wife found that she could puree, and use it as it is better than the liquid food from the hospital. Did they take the trach yet, because it gives you the time to start with ice, then water, soup. The Oncologist is a big help believe me. Ask the oncologist if it is time for eating, using rehab to retrain the throat. Even with all of this you will have to watch that the food goes down the right tube. Good luck.

Hi gezkie
    Just saying hello and welcoming you to CSN. Sorry to hear you had this stuff but you are in the right place with a lot of others who have been there.

Take care
    Hondo