Options
2»

Comments

• Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    myturn said:

HI, New to this also
    I am starting my first Chemo treatment tomorrow. Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Newbies
    It is a very scary time and so may questions and no answers. It seems that you must be strong for everyone else.. BUT you don't!! This is now about you.. let others be there for you. You will be amazed at the support from the wonderful Sisters on this board. reach out to us. that's why we are here!!! If you belive in God Pray. He will be there holding you every step of the way. he did me...It's a very emotional Journey and not one that is easy. But there is strength in numbers and there are many of us here to help you through this.

Calleen
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

Newbies
    It is a very scary time and so may questions and no answers. It seems that you must be strong for everyone else.. BUT you don't!! This is now about you.. let others be there for you. You will be amazed at the support from the wonderful Sisters on this board. reach out to us. that's why we are here!!! If you belive in God Pray. He will be there holding you every step of the way. he did me...It's a very emotional Journey and not one that is easy. But there is strength in numbers and there are many of us here to help you through this.

Calleen

Shortscake, Kim, Dot and myturn
    Hello and welcome to this wonderful support group. The women here are the most amazing warriors you will find anywhere. Our sisters in pink will be here to comfort you and cheer you on. We will all be waving our flashlights so you will see the light at the end of the tunnel! And yes there will be an end (although it doesn't seem like it now). I truley don't know what I would have done without all of my dear friends here.

I am coming up onmy 1st anniversary of being diagnosed..just before thanksgiving 08, I had a mastectomy Dec. 2nd, I was stage 3a ER and PR Neg. Her2 pos. 6 pos. lymph nodes. I did 6 months of Chemo every 3 weeks, 6 weeks of radiation and now just on Herceptin for the remainder of the year. My hair has grown in (still really short) but IT IS HAIR!! LOL!
    I am with Ned now, (No evidence of desease) and am getting my life back to a new normal now, I have returned full time to work, and appreciate even more each day the Lord has gave me.

I think I went through the surgeries and all in a daze and am amazed that it is almost over. You will also get through this journey (that none of us would have chosen) and come out a SURVIVOR!! I will be rooting for you all the way. May God Bless each of you and keep you in His love. Please feel free to ask any questions, cry, vent to us we are all here for you.
    Hugs, Jackie