Options
2»

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

WOW!
    It just never ceases to amaze me all the wonderful replies that are posted. Whenever I feel like I need just simply someone to 'understand' what I'm going through, here you all are! THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU!!

Well, I couldn't bare another day with strands of hair falling out. This morning I showered and pulled a big blob of hair out. Oh, I cried... I bawled like a baby! But a good friend of mine came over and we went to a local wig salon. The woman there was very understanding and said she would try every wig on in her salon if she had to until I found one that I felt good in. I finally found it and I'm very happy with it. The kids liked it too. I'm posting a pic on my expressions. I also had them buzz my hair. I didn't quite buzz it ALL off, and left just a bit of peach fuzz on top. I know it's all gonna go, but thought it would be a little less devastating if I left a tiny bit and the tiny pieces won't feel nearly as horrible falling out as the giant clumps did. And if I am so inclined, I may decide to buzz it all off. So I feel soooo much better and coming here to see all these posts from all your WONDERFUL ladies has just topped my day off! On a good note, I haven't felt my legs feel so smooth in as long as I can remember, and I don't have to worry about those ungodly hairs that grow above my lip or on my chin! Woo Hoo... there IS a good side to this!

And Mimi I did mouth off to the company, but they feel like they already offer a huge discount on their site for chemo patients and that if they didn't charge a restocking fee, they would take a major loss???? HUH? Oh well...a lesson learned! I'm still returning it and getting something a little cheaper and more trendy. Hopefully I'll like it, if not, either way I'm out the $$.

With love & gradtitude, Mar

Marlene, you look beautiful
    Marlene, you look beautiful in your wig. Unless you tell people, no one would know. Very classy!!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

WOW!
    It just never ceases to amaze me all the wonderful replies that are posted. Whenever I feel like I need just simply someone to 'understand' what I'm going through, here you all are! THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU!!

Well, I couldn't bare another day with strands of hair falling out. This morning I showered and pulled a big blob of hair out. Oh, I cried... I bawled like a baby! But a good friend of mine came over and we went to a local wig salon. The woman there was very understanding and said she would try every wig on in her salon if she had to until I found one that I felt good in. I finally found it and I'm very happy with it. The kids liked it too. I'm posting a pic on my expressions. I also had them buzz my hair. I didn't quite buzz it ALL off, and left just a bit of peach fuzz on top. I know it's all gonna go, but thought it would be a little less devastating if I left a tiny bit and the tiny pieces won't feel nearly as horrible falling out as the giant clumps did. And if I am so inclined, I may decide to buzz it all off. So I feel soooo much better and coming here to see all these posts from all your WONDERFUL ladies has just topped my day off! On a good note, I haven't felt my legs feel so smooth in as long as I can remember, and I don't have to worry about those ungodly hairs that grow above my lip or on my chin! Woo Hoo... there IS a good side to this!

And Mimi I did mouth off to the company, but they feel like they already offer a huge discount on their site for chemo patients and that if they didn't charge a restocking fee, they would take a major loss???? HUH? Oh well...a lesson learned! I'm still returning it and getting something a little cheaper and more trendy. Hopefully I'll like it, if not, either way I'm out the $$.

Your new wig!
    Wow, you are stunning! Seriously, you remind me of the actress who played Donna Moss on the West Wing, Janel Maloney. She's gorgeous and so are you. Good job with the wig.

Mimi
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    mimivac said:

Your new wig!
    Wow, you are stunning! Seriously, you remind me of the actress who played Donna Moss on the West Wing, Janel Maloney. She's gorgeous and so are you. Good job with the wig.

Mimi

Beautiful Marlene. That wig
    Beautiful Marlene. That wig looks real. You scored a grand slam. You couldnt look any more feminine than you do right now. Hang in there. You have quite a few baldies standing with you.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I'm a very lucky lady!
    Talk about caressing my ego! Thank you so very much, beautiful ladies~ this really means a LOT to me and as we ALL know, it's something that helps us day to day! If we can't enjoy life (even through these trying moments), why keep living? I had one of the most awful mornings of my life yesterday morning, but I managed to turn it around. Ok, and I will admit, after an entire day of wearing the wig, I will most definitely be wearing some scarves & hats, but it's all good... really!

And now, just minutes ago, my ex-husband of nearly 4 years (we were married for 16) just asked me to be his friend on Facebook. Woo Hoo! Must be the great new wig, lol! I actually asked for the divorce but I always wanted to remain friends. He was always too bitter. Even if it takes this 'setback' to make it happen, at least it gives reason! It seems there is ALWAYS good to look forward to even when this disease tries to take the best of us. Stand up and look the beast in the face and take charge! It feels GREAT when we come out ahead.

I love all my new found buddies and I thank you all with all my heart for being here! I am such a lucky lady! Mar
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

I'm a very lucky lady!
    Talk about caressing my ego! Thank you so very much, beautiful ladies~ this really means a LOT to me and as we ALL know, it's something that helps us day to day! If we can't enjoy life (even through these trying moments), why keep living? I had one of the most awful mornings of my life yesterday morning, but I managed to turn it around. Ok, and I will admit, after an entire day of wearing the wig, I will most definitely be wearing some scarves & hats, but it's all good... really!

And now, just minutes ago, my ex-husband of nearly 4 years (we were married for 16) just asked me to be his friend on Facebook. Woo Hoo! Must be the great new wig, lol! I actually asked for the divorce but I always wanted to remain friends. He was always too bitter. Even if it takes this 'setback' to make it happen, at least it gives reason! It seems there is ALWAYS good to look forward to even when this disease tries to take the best of us. Stand up and look the beast in the face and take charge! It feels GREAT when we come out ahead.

I love all my new found buddies and I thank you all with all my heart for being here! I am such a lucky lady! Mar

Marlene,
    That wig looks so

Marlene,
    That wig looks so natural that I would not have known if you hadn't said it was. SOrry about the bad day but looks like you have worked that through. Way to go. And how nice that you and your ex are going to be friends. Always a plus. Your positive attitude and outlook will help you immensely through all of this and beyond. You are a big plus on this board. And remember we are here for you no matter what or through everything. You also have an very good looking group of kids.
    Stef
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    wow you ladies are amazing I
    wow you ladies are amazing I have not started chemo yet and thought I was prepared for the sickness/hair loss etc but the closer I get to it the more anxiety I get :( thanks Ladies I will be here more often!!! xoxoxo
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    Options

wow you ladies are amazing I have not started chemo yet and thought I was prepared for the sickness/hair loss etc but the closer I get to it the more anxiety I get :( thanks Ladies I will be here more often!!! xoxoxo

hair...
    I just want to encourage everyone dealing with the loss of hair to not feel like any one way is the "right" way. For me, I just felt like dealing with BC, loss of my home, chemo, and feeling like poo was bad enough that as traumatic as losing the hair was (I cried more than once) I finally gave in to being bald and beautiful!! And honestly, I felt so bad physically, it was nice not to have to fix my hair, or shave or pluck the yucky upper lip hairs. The worst part was losing my eyebrows and eyelashes, but they came out last and grew back quickly. When I finally decided to go to church bald it was very liberating! So many people told me how good I looked bald and one guy even said it was sexy. Maybe they just said it to make me feel good (it worked) but I was much more relaxed not worrying whether my scarf was crooked or sliding off.

Much love!
    Beth
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Marlene
    Your are a head of

Marlene
    Your are a head of me in this journey. Won't be starting Chemo until the week of the 16th. My husband has told me the outer stuff doesn't make you feminine or sexually attractive. It's something intangible that comes from within that women just naturally seem to have.

I know that to the outside world and especially family we need to appear positive but be realistic with your self. This is a scary time in our life and we are going to run the whole gambit of emotions. And everyone of those emotions we feel are justified. Thank God we have this forum that we can let our emotions run rampant and we will be understood.

Here is my favortie quote. I don't blame this on God but the devil.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Love and prayers being sent to you
    Vicki
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    just remember 1 thing
    it will grow back
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    just remember 1 thing
    it will grow back
  • Marlene_K
    Options
    fauxma said:

Marlene,
    That wig looks so

Marlene,
    That wig looks so natural that I would not have known if you hadn't said it was. SOrry about the bad day but looks like you have worked that through. Way to go. And how nice that you and your ex are going to be friends. Always a plus. Your positive attitude and outlook will help you immensely through all of this and beyond. You are a big plus on this board. And remember we are here for you no matter what or through everything. You also have an very good looking group of kids.
    Stef

Thanks for the smile, Stef!
    What a really sweet note, Stef... Thank you!
  • Marlene_K
    Options

Just let them be 'moments'...
    It's not easy and none of us asked for this, but just realize that it's something we need to 'deal' with in order to get passed it. Losing my hair was a bummer and I definitely lost it even though I thought I was prepared. I'm guessing we all think it 'might not happen to me' and when it does, it comes as a bit of a shock. As for me, I couldn't bear another moment of big chunks of hair coming out in my hand, so I took the bull by the horn and chopped it off. I still have a little bit of peach fuzz on top because I figured I could deal with that falling out. Since Thursday, I now have a couple bald spots on the sides of my head, but for some reason, at least right now, just can't deal with shaving it all off. Just don't ever let the beast take charge. We have cancer... cancer doesn't have us!!!
  • Marlene_K
    Options

Marlene
    Your are a head of

Marlene
    Your are a head of me in this journey. Won't be starting Chemo until the week of the 16th. My husband has told me the outer stuff doesn't make you feminine or sexually attractive. It's something intangible that comes from within that women just naturally seem to have.

I know that to the outside world and especially family we need to appear positive but be realistic with your self. This is a scary time in our life and we are going to run the whole gambit of emotions. And everyone of those emotions we feel are justified. Thank God we have this forum that we can let our emotions run rampant and we will be understood.

Here is my favortie quote. I don't blame this on God but the devil.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Love and prayers being sent to you
    Vicki

Awesome quote!
    What an awesome quote, Vicki... and sooo true! Thanks for sharing!
  • KeriLee
    KeriLee Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

WOW!

Your new look
    Your new look is fantastic, you will be surprised at how many people will compliment you on your new style. And the plus side (as we must take the one's we can in all this) it's so easy to take care of very low maintenance, you'll be ready in a jiffy now. P.S. One added thought as I was thinking of how nice it was not shaving my legs ect, keep some tissue on hand at all times because when you don't have nose hair and it runs there's no stopping it. Hang in there you look marvelous darling!!
    Keri