Options
2»

Comments

• sherria49
    sherria49 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Hi Sherri
    I'm so glad it went well for you. You will soon be back in the swing of things. Don't worry about the chemo. After what you've been through, you can handle it.
    Pat

I thought!!!
    It would be really rough to handle the fact that my breasts were actually gone!! It's not near as bad as the feeling of that ugly monster being in there!

Thanks!!!

Big Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • sherria49
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Anticipation is the worst
    Anticipation is the worst part. You worry about the worse thing that can happen and usually it doesn't. Good healing.

I think............
    that's the best part of this whole thing "thinking the worst, and the worst not happening". It hasn't been a picnic, but you are right, anticipation, WOW!!!

Thanks!!

Hugzzz
  • sherria49
    Options
    chickad52 said:

SHERRI
    Thank the Lord your surgery went so well .WOW, you had it on Friday and home on Saturday. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you have a speedy recovery!! I find out Thursday when my surgery will be!! Hugs, Diane

Thanks!!!!
    Yes, I was a little worried about coming home so soon. But, it really hasn't been that bad. My daughter, Megan, OMG she has been the best nurse/caregiver that I could ask for. She's only 19, but you would think she has been doing this for years, sponge baths, running up & down the hall, feeding me, caring for the drains!!!! She has been a godsend!!!!

Keep me updated on your surgery!!! I wish you well....and remember "It is DOABLE"!!!!!

Hugs, prayers, and good vibes coming your way for Thursday!!!
  • sherria49
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Thanks, Sherri
    On behalf of all of us still facing surgery, thanks for letting us know how well your surgery went. Can't believe you were only in hospital one day. Take a rest, you deserve it and let us see your new hairdo soon.

Sunrae!!
    Good luck to you and everyone getting ready for the big day!! The last thing I remember was hugging my children 28, 26, & 19 and also my best friend. The first thing that I remember after surgery was the nurses asking me to schooch my butt from one bed to the next. Surgery wasn't complete til 4:30 and I was home the next day by 2pm!!! Amazing!! I am doing very well, saw the plastic surgeon today, and he may take out the drains on Thursday!!!

Hugzzzz
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    sherria49 said:

Thanks!!!!
    Yes, I was a little worried about coming home so soon. But, it really hasn't been that bad. My daughter, Megan, OMG she has been the best nurse/caregiver that I could ask for. She's only 19, but you would think she has been doing this for years, sponge baths, running up & down the hall, feeding me, caring for the drains!!!! She has been a godsend!!!!

Keep me updated on your surgery!!! I wish you well....and remember "It is DOABLE"!!!!!

Hugs, prayers, and good vibes coming your way for Thursday!!!

Sherria .. What a terrific attitude you have ...
    I hope you rub off on me ... as I am seeing a surgeon and plastics later this week. 1/2 way thru my chemo right now.

Take care .. and don't do too much.

VickiSam
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    So happy to hear!
    Sherri I am so happy that it went so well for you! It sounds like you are doing really good!
  • sherria49
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Sherria .. What a terrific attitude you have ...
    I hope you rub off on me ... as I am seeing a surgeon and plastics later this week. 1/2 way thru my chemo right now.

Take care .. and don't do too much.

VickiSam

Good Luck.......
    with the surgeons this week. As everyone told me and I'm sure you heard before, this is doable!!! I was a little surprised when they sent me home the next day! But, all in all, I think I feel better recouping at home.

Hugzzzzz & good luck again VickiSam!!! I will be thinking of you, and keep us updated.

Sherri
  • sherria49
    Options
    elm3544 said:

So happy to hear!
    Sherri I am so happy that it went so well for you! It sounds like you are doing really good!

Thanks!!
    I am doing very well! Drains may be coming out before the end of the week, so keep praying!!

Thanks again & warm hugzzzzz!
  • mberg
    mberg Member Posts: 62
    Options
    wonderful news!
    I just wanted to say, that your post came at the best time for me to read it! iI am having bilateral w. ex panders on nov 20 and have been sooo scared! You sound like a brave beautiful, wonderful woman who answered my prayers just when I need it! If it helps you out any, I started with my chemo, just finished last weds. It is tiring and the hair part sucks, but it is manageable. I took the first few weeks off of work, then I would work a light schedule. ex. the week before chemo I would work sat, mon and tues., now I am off until this coming friday due to stamach issues i have after every chemo treatment. Please stay strong, and thanks for your post! monica
  • sherria49
    Options
    mberg said:

wonderful news!
    I just wanted to say, that your post came at the best time for me to read it! iI am having bilateral w. ex panders on nov 20 and have been sooo scared! You sound like a brave beautiful, wonderful woman who answered my prayers just when I need it! If it helps you out any, I started with my chemo, just finished last weds. It is tiring and the hair part sucks, but it is manageable. I took the first few weeks off of work, then I would work a light schedule. ex. the week before chemo I would work sat, mon and tues., now I am off until this coming friday due to stamach issues i have after every chemo treatment. Please stay strong, and thanks for your post! monica

Hey Monica!!
    Funny, I read your post about the bra prior to reading this here. Thanks for the chemo update. Probably getting my hair cut on Friday, chemo is stil 3 weeks out. But, my sister in law and I are both getting our hair cut together so that we can donate to "Locks of Love". Haven't cut my hair in over 25 years, except for the normal trims.

So many people have different stories of chemo sides, depends on their "cocktail", etc..... But it always helps to hear all the different side effects. I definitely don't want to go into this blinded.

Hugzzzzz again!!! & good luck!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    sherria49 said:

Good Luck.......
    with the surgeons this week. As everyone told me and I'm sure you heard before, this is doable!!! I was a little surprised when they sent me home the next day! But, all in all, I think I feel better recouping at home.

Hugzzzzz & good luck again VickiSam!!! I will be thinking of you, and keep us updated.

Sherri

Sherri
    Glad that you are

Sherri
    Glad that you are doing so well after your surgery. But do keep in mind not to overdo. It is so easy to do too much when you are feeling good. So take it easy and let others do for you. Again, I am so happy that everything has been so doable for you. You're in my prayers.
    Stef
  • sherria49
    Options
    fauxma said:

Sherri
    Glad that you are

Sherri
    Glad that you are doing so well after your surgery. But do keep in mind not to overdo. It is so easy to do too much when you are feeling good. So take it easy and let others do for you. Again, I am so happy that everything has been so doable for you. You're in my prayers.
    Stef

Hey Stef!
    Yes, my daughter is NOT letting me get away with doing too much, that's for sure!! I know I need to slow down & let the pampering & stuff continue.

Thanks, I do need to be reminded often!! lol

Hugzzzzzz
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    sherria49 said:

Hey Monica!!
    Funny, I read your post about the bra prior to reading this here. Thanks for the chemo update. Probably getting my hair cut on Friday, chemo is stil 3 weeks out. But, my sister in law and I are both getting our hair cut together so that we can donate to "Locks of Love". Haven't cut my hair in over 25 years, except for the normal trims.

So many people have different stories of chemo sides, depends on their "cocktail", etc..... But it always helps to hear all the different side effects. I definitely don't want to go into this blinded.

Hugzzzzz again!!! & good luck!!

Glad you
    Glad you are feeling good after your surgery. I was the same way in Feb. I will be having the expanders taken out and then silicone implants put in 11/10 and they say it is easier then the double mastectomy--I had no pain with the surgery so this time hopefully will be the same. When I had my surgery I was in the hospital 2/2-2/4. This time it is day surgery.

I am so glad that you have your own private nurse to help do things for you and all she needs in return are hugs.

Gentle Hugs,
    Margo
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    hello Sherri
    I am glad you have the surgery behind you.Now you need to pamper yourself and heal before treatments.Good luck to you,keep us posted.love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • sherria49
    Options

Glad you
    Glad you are feeling good after your surgery. I was the same way in Feb. I will be having the expanders taken out and then silicone implants put in 11/10 and they say it is easier then the double mastectomy--I had no pain with the surgery so this time hopefully will be the same. When I had my surgery I was in the hospital 2/2-2/4. This time it is day surgery.

I am so glad that you have your own private nurse to help do things for you and all she needs in return are hugs.

Gentle Hugs,
    Margo

Thanks Margo!
    Seems as though our surgeries were very similiar. Looking forward to the implants which will hopefully signify the end of this long journey. Although I'm not a very good dancer, I am excited about the day I get to dance with NED!!!!

My prayers & thoughts are with everyone on this site, & those just reading on this site. Please come join us these are some of the most wonderful women in the world here!!

Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • sherria49
    Options
    ppurdin said:

hello Sherri
    I am glad you have the surgery behind you.Now you need to pamper yourself and heal before treatments.Good luck to you,keep us posted.love and Prayers.(Pat).

Thanks Pat!
    Not looking forward to treatment but I keep reminding myself that it means one step closer to conquering the beast.

Hugzzzzzzzzzzz
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Prayers coming your way! We
    Prayers coming your way! We know you can do it. You sound strong and determined. We are with you.