Phone Call from Genetics

Options
2»

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Stef
    Wow, you really have alot on your plate. Please dont feel guilty about something that is totally out of your control. There was nothing you can do about your genetics. As for your daughter, she is armed with information and she can go forward making decisions now for herself and her kids...and so can all the other members of your family. That is so very valuable to everyone.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. We are all here for you

Hugs
    Linda t
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Stef, I don't have a whole
    Stef, I don't have a whole lot of wisdom for you, but I do have experience. I passed an autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) to one of my children. She is 20, beautiful, a junior/senior in college, happily married, and has everything to live for.

So...we pass on the good and the bad. We ache for the bad. But there is so much that is good that you have passed on to your children and grandchildren and generations to come, Stef. And they spread it out into the universe.

I know that all this doesn't change the health risks that your daughter may face, but knowledge IS power and a different perspective may lighten the load. My prayers are with you and your family. xoxoxox Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    sweet Stef
    I am just so very sorry you ever had to hear this news. My Mom had colon cancer and lung cancer, I have had pre-cervical cancer and now the BC. I am going to get tested because of your post. I also have children that I am concerned about, so I know how badly this hurts you. but hun, it is not your fault...and they would not even got a chance to live this life if not for you. Knowledge is power and they are coming a long way with new treatments and preventions.

I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Remember, you are engulfed in the arms of all the angels here on this board, and our prayers are all be lifted up for you. I do believe in the miracles of prayer. You are a survivor dear and will remain one.
    all my love to you.
    Jackie
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    I don't have any words of
    I don't have any words of wisdom to offer. The other girls have done a great job of expressing how I'm sure we all feel. I will be thinking of you and watching for your updates. You are in my heart.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

I don't have any words of
    I don't have any words of wisdom to offer. The other girls have done a great job of expressing how I'm sure we all feel. I will be thinking of you and watching for your updates. You are in my heart.

I am so sorry Stef. The
    I am so sorry Stef. The main thing is that your daughter is just fine now, no health problems. So, celebrate that and just love her everyday!

Gentle hugs for you!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I am so sorry Stef. The
    I am so sorry Stef. The main thing is that your daughter is just fine now, no health problems. So, celebrate that and just love her everyday!

Gentle hugs for you!

Stef
    I also wish I could say something to soothe your soul Stef and to make it all better for you, but, I don't know what that would be. Just know that I am here for you anytime and that I will always be praying for you and your family.

Kristin ♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Stef
    I also wish I could say something to soothe your soul Stef and to make it all better for you, but, I don't know what that would be. Just know that I am here for you anytime and that I will always be praying for you and your family.

Kristin ♥

To all of my family here on
    To all of my family here on this board.
    Some have said they don't know what to say but offer prayers and support. That is just the right thing. Other's have given great advice, shared experiences, just sent love and prayers. I know that doesn't physically change what is going on, but it is helping immensely to cure my mind of fear and that is what I needed right now. You have all, each of every one of you lifted my spirits and sent me love and prayers and encouragement and I take everything into my heart and mind. I know that with the help of you, my family, my friends here at home, and the grace of God that I and my family will get through this. You cannot know how much all of this has meant to me. I am indeed blessed and I return those blessings to all of you one hundredfold.
    Thank you for being here for me,
    Stef
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    fauxma said:

To all of my family here on
    To all of my family here on this board.
    Some have said they don't know what to say but offer prayers and support. That is just the right thing. Other's have given great advice, shared experiences, just sent love and prayers. I know that doesn't physically change what is going on, but it is helping immensely to cure my mind of fear and that is what I needed right now. You have all, each of every one of you lifted my spirits and sent me love and prayers and encouragement and I take everything into my heart and mind. I know that with the help of you, my family, my friends here at home, and the grace of God that I and my family will get through this. You cannot know how much all of this has meant to me. I am indeed blessed and I return those blessings to all of you one hundredfold.
    Thank you for being here for me,
    Stef

All I can say is....
    @ This is me!
    @> This is me holding out my arms!
    @>)))) This is me holding out my arms and hugging you!
    Pammy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

All I can say is....
    @ This is me!
    Pammy

For you Stef
    I, as everyone else here, send prayers and hope that Denise will be just fine and never have even one second of any disease or pain. We pray for that with all of our children, don't we? I know, as it is obvious, how this has affected you, but, please try to not let it. You have a beautiful daughter who is healthy now and living a good life. Enjoy it with her!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • fauxma
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

All I can say is....
    @ This is me!
    Pammy

Thank you for making me
    Thank you for making me smile
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Stef, I am sorry
    I guess this explains all of the battles with cancer you have been subjected to over the years. I do understand your anguish over how this might affect your daughter. I know you don't want her to go through a single day of cancer worry, diagnosis, or treatment. But you are doing the right thing by getting her health insurance now and screening her. This is powerful information that she can use to her advantage. Even though you have these syndromes, you have made it through all of the cancers and treatments and come out on the other side. Hopefully your daughter will never have to, but if she does, she can do it, too. You have given her the great gift of information, the opportunity for proactive screening, and health insurance. The guilt is understandable, but you know you had nothing to do with the lottery of genetics. It is what it is. You don't have to deal with it well. You can feel angry and sad; it's OK. Just remember that as of now, you and your daughter are both perfectly healthy. Glad that you wrote that out. We are here for you.

Mimi
  • fauxma
    Options
    mimivac said:

Stef, I am sorry
    I guess this explains all of the battles with cancer you have been subjected to over the years. I do understand your anguish over how this might affect your daughter. I know you don't want her to go through a single day of cancer worry, diagnosis, or treatment. But you are doing the right thing by getting her health insurance now and screening her. This is powerful information that she can use to her advantage. Even though you have these syndromes, you have made it through all of the cancers and treatments and come out on the other side. Hopefully your daughter will never have to, but if she does, she can do it, too. You have given her the great gift of information, the opportunity for proactive screening, and health insurance. The guilt is understandable, but you know you had nothing to do with the lottery of genetics. It is what it is. You don't have to deal with it well. You can feel angry and sad; it's OK. Just remember that as of now, you and your daughter are both perfectly healthy. Glad that you wrote that out. We are here for you.

Mimi

Gosh, I just love all of you
    Gosh, I just love all of you guys so much.
    Stef
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    fauxma said:

Gosh, I just love all of you
    Gosh, I just love all of you guys so much.
    Stef

Beautiful Stef! Like Daughter, Like Mother!
    Stef, Thanks for sharing your pain and concerns with us. It makes the rest of us feel so close to you. Everything you've said comes from your beautiful loving heart and I'm sure your daughter is like her mother. I thought I had inherited my mother's bc, but genetic testing came back negative, even tho my mother died of bc, her sister had bc and is still alive and another sister died of ovarian cancer. For about 2 weeks until the test came back, I thought I was a carrier and had probably passed it on to my sons and grandchildren. (Dr said men could be affected too.) I was so scared but my test came back negative. Still I have bc but I didn't inherit it from my mother. Don't beat yourself up anymore and we're glad you're feeling better. You and your family are in my prayers, too.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Stef
    words fail me here. I can only say you are in my prayers, and you are such a strong caring person, I know you will stand strong for your family.
    Remember to take care of yourself too.
    Cat