Could it already be Monday again? -- GOAL MONDAY, ladies!

Options
2»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for listing your goals, guys!
    I love reading them. I also like that some of you post a single, important goal for the day. I think that can be very effective and can help eliminate the clutter, too. I'm doing great on my eating so far (though it's only Tuesday), but not so good on the exercise. Some of your goals really got me motivated and I will try to get in an hour walk today. It's just that I am so busy at work. But I must make this a priority. I did order my heart rate monitor and the Artist's Way. I really like this book for jumpstarting the creative process and getting past barriers. The weather should be beautiful here the next few days, so I plan on taking advantage of that, too.

Keep it up, ladies!

Mimi
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    mimivac said:

I love reading them. I also like that some of you post a single, important goal for the day. I think that can be very effective and can help eliminate the clutter, too. I'm doing great on my eating so far (though it's only Tuesday), but not so good on the exercise. Some of your goals really got me motivated and I will try to get in an hour walk today. It's just that I am so busy at work. But I must make this a priority. I did order my heart rate monitor and the Artist's Way. I really like this book for jumpstarting the creative process and getting past barriers. The weather should be beautiful here the next few days, so I plan on taking advantage of that, too.

Keep it up, ladies!

Mimi

Tuesday
    Cat to vet--for annual check up and teeth cleaning--she lost a pound--now she is 18 pounds--woo-hoo.
    took 1/2 day of from work from my earlier post--septic system pumped at 1pm.
    Furnace and hot water tank cleaning at 1--guy did not get here until 1:20 and he is still here--making a note as to how many hours they charge me.

Before they got here I stained the back deck.
    While they were here I made a double batch of brownies and 3 dozen cookies for a Harvest dance at Jake's school on Friday night. In oven now a batch of brownies for work----hot flashes will be coming fast and furious.

Had a few Corona beers.
  • mimivac
    Options

Tuesday
    Cat to vet--for annual check up and teeth cleaning--she lost a pound--now she is 18 pounds--woo-hoo.
    took 1/2 day of from work from my earlier post--septic system pumped at 1pm.
    Furnace and hot water tank cleaning at 1--guy did not get here until 1:20 and he is still here--making a note as to how many hours they charge me.

Before they got here I stained the back deck.
    While they were here I made a double batch of brownies and 3 dozen cookies for a Harvest dance at Jake's school on Friday night. In oven now a batch of brownies for work----hot flashes will be coming fast and furious.

Had a few Corona beers.

I had to comment, Margo
    Making brownies and drinking beer sounds great. I am stuck at my computer trying to write a speech (and not succedding). And awwww, the Harvest dance! That takes me back to the awkward old middle school days. It sounds like you got a lot done today. Cheers!

Mimi
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    mimivac said:

I had to comment, Margo
    Making brownies and drinking beer sounds great. I am stuck at my computer trying to write a speech (and not succedding). And awwww, the Harvest dance! That takes me back to the awkward old middle school days. It sounds like you got a lot done today. Cheers!

Mimi

Mimi
    Mimi,
    I did get a lot done today.--3 dozen cookies cooked and double batch of brownies.
    I hope Jake's school gives me 4 1/2 hrs out of the 14 hours of volunteer hours for this. I would much rather cook stuff for the 14 hours of volunteer hours then have to do it some other way.

In first grade they don't like volunteers in the classroom.

Maybe I can do a few hours in the office to off set the 14 hrs I need to do per year. I can stuff envelopes or make copies.

Hugs, Margo

I need to grab a brownie or cookie--my house is smelling awesome.
  • mimivac
    Options
    middle of the week: how are we doing?
    Well, I am being really determined in my eating. Something just clicked this week and I am no longer accepting less from myself than a concerted effort to eat right everyday. So far, it is working. Even when I don't feel like it, I pack my lunch, I cook every night, I don't buy junk. Now, for the exercise, I still can't get it together. Why is it that when one thing is working, something else isn't? Argh. So, how is everyone else doing? Almost the weekend!

Mimi
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options
    mimivac said:

middle of the week: how are we doing?
    Well, I am being really determined in my eating. Something just clicked this week and I am no longer accepting less from myself than a concerted effort to eat right everyday. So far, it is working. Even when I don't feel like it, I pack my lunch, I cook every night, I don't buy junk. Now, for the exercise, I still can't get it together. Why is it that when one thing is working, something else isn't? Argh. So, how is everyone else doing? Almost the weekend!

Mimi

Update
    Already Humpday!!! My gosh, where does the time go! Well, I went to Curves on Monday, and felt great afterward. This morning, I slept in too long and missed it, so now I've got to go this afternoon, but I will do it.

I went to my bookclub yesterday and had a wonderful time. The gals in the club are alot of fun. We had a soup luncheon that was perfect because it was a rainy, cold day. Our disussion of our book got a little long, but it was interesting. Some of the women didn't know who I was when I walked in. My hairs begun to grow in and it's alot darker and curlier than my 'real' hair.

I didn't get to the Yoga class that I want to begin, but I'm going to call the instructor and get the info I need, so I can begin next week. I really will try.

My oldest grandson's birthday as yesterday, also. So we took the family out to dinner last night and came back here for birthday cake and gifts. By the time everyone left, I was bone tired. No wonder I slept till 9:30 am.

It's a beautiful day today. Not a cloud in the sky, so I'm going to spend some time outside and enjoy this wonderful fall weather. This has to be my favorite season.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    mimivac said:

Keep it up, ladies!

Mimi

I've heard of the Artist's
    I've heard of the Artist's Way...aw, but then I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

I love reading other people's goals, but I am not good about setting goals myself. I set zillions of them in my brain, and then pick and choose the most pleasing or imminent ones to achieve. So here it's Wednesday....let's see, went to Yoga, finished my book club book, did a talk, loved my kids and husband, went to therapy and did a fun sand box tray exercise, led a FLL meeting (you don't need to know), kept my cool with a principal, and led an elementary school discussion group that was fun! Still to come...book club, get an estimate for my car (I hit a deer tonight - definitely not a goal), finish scoring a WJIII, write an ILP, observe students in classroom setting at middle school, and make it to my son's football game on time on Friday. Whoo hoo. xoxoxox Lynn

Yikes! I almost forgot. Was up early to see the meteor showers in Orion, but it was cloudy. : (
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Mimi,
    It is so weird that

Mimi,
    It is so weird that you wrote about ordering The Artist's Way. I don't think I actually wrote anything here about it, but I was thinking about that very book just last week and was going to suggest it to the group. My daughter bought me that book back in 2000 when I had my 1st cancer. At first I couldn't figure out why, I was not an artist but she said read and do it, you don't have to be an "artist". Oh my gosh, it was terrific. It had so many great things about it. About setting goals and journaling to unburden ourselves and so much more. It was probably the best book I had ever had. And it was given to me at just the right time. I learned much about myself and how I saw myself, limited myself, expanced myself. I highly recommend it. I used stuff from it for several years. I think I will go see if I can find it. These things tend to get buried after many years, but I could use a renewal of it.
    It was indeed a great book for the "artist" in all of us and there is great stuff in it for all of us.
    Stef
  • mimivac
    Options
    fauxma said:

Mimi,
    It is so weird that

Mimi,
    It is so weird that you wrote about ordering The Artist's Way. I don't think I actually wrote anything here about it, but I was thinking about that very book just last week and was going to suggest it to the group. My daughter bought me that book back in 2000 when I had my 1st cancer. At first I couldn't figure out why, I was not an artist but she said read and do it, you don't have to be an "artist". Oh my gosh, it was terrific. It had so many great things about it. About setting goals and journaling to unburden ourselves and so much more. It was probably the best book I had ever had. And it was given to me at just the right time. I learned much about myself and how I saw myself, limited myself, expanced myself. I highly recommend it. I used stuff from it for several years. I think I will go see if I can find it. These things tend to get buried after many years, but I could use a renewal of it.
    It was indeed a great book for the "artist" in all of us and there is great stuff in it for all of us.
    Stef

Artist's Way
    Stef and Lynn, I'm so glad you were reminded of the book. That's what I love about these discussions -- we inspire and remind each other. I worked with the book a few years ago and felt the same way you do about it, Stef. It really opened me up and helped me to face barriers and defeating ways of thinking. I resisted doing all of the exercises, but I got a lot out of it. Partially as a result, I enrolled in film school last year. However, since cancer I have lost my way with my creative side, film, and writing again. I gave the book away years ago, so I just reordered it along with the Artist's Way workbook. This time I plan to do all the exercises and really throw myself into it. I desperately need creativity back in my life again. I highly recommend to everyone, too. Hmmm, maybe we could start an Artist's Way group....

Mimi