I FINISHED RADS TODAY YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
YIPPEE! I got my last zapping today! I am sooooooooooooo happy! A little pink, but, very happy! I have to admit that it did seem to go fast, and, I am only a little pink. I never really burnt, so, I know that I am lucky. And, I am still very, very tired, but, I know with some rest and not going everyday for zapping, that I will get my strength back.

It was great. Everyone there, the techs, were dressed up as clowns. lol They looked so cute. There was cake, cookies, drinks, balloons, all kinds of stuff everywhere. They really make your last day a big party. When I came out of the rads room, my hubby swept me up, laid one on me and carried me out to the waiting room to a standing ovation. It was all just so wonderful! And, I just started bawling. It was pretty emotional for me. My rads oncologist rang the bell for me. He wanted to do the honor of ringing it. I love that guy!

Now, I am going to take a nap and then hubby is taking me, my sister and a couple of friends out to celebrate! So, I need some rest. lol

Thank you everyone for all of your support. You are all so great!

Sue :)

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Ritzy!
    Your story made me cry, It's just how it should be! Your husband sounds wonderful and you deserve each other...........Huge Hugs to you Sue Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    A great big CONGRATULATIONS
    A great big CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! I'm so happy for you. Now, get some rest and enjoy your celebration tonight!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

A great big CONGRATULATIONS
    A great big CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! I'm so happy for you. Now, get some rest and enjoy your celebration tonight!

Congrats Sue! Get your nap
    Congrats Sue! Get your nap in and then party!

HUGS!
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Sue, congrats on finishing
    Sue, congrats on finishing rads! I have been done for a few weeks now. The techs were great!
    They have a Christmas party where they invite all that years's patients to come back. I am really looking forward to it.

Rest up, and in no time you'll be as good as new!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Tux said:

Sue, congrats on finishing
    Sue, congrats on finishing rads! I have been done for a few weeks now. The techs were great!
    They have a Christmas party where they invite all that years's patients to come back. I am really looking forward to it.

Rest up, and in no time you'll be as good as new!

Congrats!
    YEA is right! You did it Sue! And your party sounded great! And, what a hubby! Your story brought tears to my eyes too.

You just keep using your creams though and rest! You still need to do that for a few weeks.

Enjoy your celebration tonight!

Lex♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Alexis F said:

Congrats!
    YEA is right! You did it Sue! And your party sounded great! And, what a hubby! Your story brought tears to my eyes too.

You just keep using your creams though and rest! You still need to do that for a few weeks.

Lex♥

Party!
    Great party! I hope that I get something like that when I am done.

You have accomplished a lot Sue! Be proud! I can't wait until I finish rads!

Have fun tonight!

Angie
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Alexis F said:

Congrats!

Lex♥

Congratulations!
    Your party sounds ... perfect ... and it made me cry too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experiences. It really does help your sisters who are to follow.

Party, Party, Party!!!!

So happy for you!!!! :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Go Ritzy! Go Ritzy! Go
    Go Ritzy! Go Ritzy! Go Ritzy! LOL I think I may have noticed that the tail on that cat is "wagging" even faster and maybe in the opposite direction! LOL

You sooo deserved all of the adulation and celebration you got~ ESPECIALLY from your husband! Enjoy all of it!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Congrats Sue!
    Your last day ...my first day..may mine go as fast and easily as yours seems to have gone!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Sue, You have kept so
    Sue, You have kept so positive and have come through with shining colors (well, PINK) anyway. Please add me to the standing ovation. I thought I heard a bell ring. xoxoxo Lynn
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Sue, You have kept so
    Sue, You have kept so positive and have come through with shining colors (well, PINK) anyway. Please add me to the standing ovation. I thought I heard a bell ring. xoxoxo Lynn

Sue, I am so happy for you !! Ring a bell, sing a song
    have a drink .. Celebrate LIFE. You did it ...

VickiSam
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    CONGRATULATIONS SUE!
    That is

CONGRATULATIONS SUE!
    That is great!
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Good for you!
    I remember how great if felt to be finally done. I don't know if they told you that for the next 2 months your breasts would still be radiating. Continue to use your moisturizer morning and night even though you are done. Yea!

Roseann
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    roseann4 said:

Good for you!
    I remember how great if felt to be finally done. I don't know if they told you that for the next 2 months your breasts would still be radiating. Continue to use your moisturizer morning and night even though you are done. Yea!

Roseann

Great!
    I am adding my Congrats for finishing radiation treatments! That is so great! I hope you had a great night out celebrating!

Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    DebbyM said:

Great!
    I am adding my Congrats for finishing radiation treatments! That is so great! I hope you had a great night out celebrating!

Debby

WTG Sue!
    Doesn't it feel good to be done? We are all so happy for you! I am hoping that you got a big long nap in and are still out celebrating your success at finishing rads! WTG!

Just be sure to still get lots of rest, and, still continue to use all of your creams as you are still "cooking" for a few weeks to months.

Enjoy that time now that you would be going to rads.

♥ Noel
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Noel said:

WTG Sue!
    Doesn't it feel good to be done? We are all so happy for you! I am hoping that you got a big long nap in and are still out celebrating your success at finishing rads! WTG!

Just be sure to still get lots of rest, and, still continue to use all of your creams as you are still "cooking" for a few weeks to months.

Enjoy that time now that you would be going to rads.

♥ Noel

Sue,
    So happy you are done.

Sue,
    So happy you are done. Remember to continue with the lotions. The burning can continue and so can the fatigue but you are through with the actual radiation. Hip Hip Hooray!

Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    YEAH!!!!
    Sue how wonderful, I am so happy for you! I hope you and your family had a nice night out. Now it's time to do a little cyber celebrate dancing just for you!!! Congrats!!!

RE
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    That's awesome Sue!
    Congratulations! Now you can go on with the rest of your life!
    What nice people at your clinic to do that and you do deserve it-you've been through a lot and have been brave and compassionate with the other rads patients through it!So nice of your husband too! How was your celebration?
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member

That's awesome Sue!
    Congratulations! Now you can go on with the rest of your life!
    What nice people at your clinic to do that and you do deserve it-you've been through a lot and have been brave and compassionate with the other rads patients through it!So nice of your husband too! How was your celebration?

WHOOOPPPEEEE!
    The flaming flamingoes are fluffing their feathers ... and doing their happy dance for you!

Just continue to keep putting on the cream or whatever the radiology center gave you ... because you will probably continue to "cook" for a week or two after completion of treatment ... especially if you had boosters.

hugs.
    teena
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    tgf said:

WHOOOPPPEEEE!
    The flaming flamingoes are fluffing their feathers ... and doing their happy dance for you!

Just continue to keep putting on the cream or whatever the radiology center gave you ... because you will probably continue to "cook" for a week or two after completion of treatment ... especially if you had boosters.

hugs.
    teena

Celebrate!
    I hope that you had a great time last night and are still sleeping in this morning. Finishing rads is a huge accomplishment and I enjoyed reading your posts of it, as others did. And, as the others wrote, continue with your creams for a few weeks. I know you don't want to, but, your skin still needs it. Enjoy your rad free day!

Hugs, Diane ♥