Found Lump

Options
13»

Comments

• buddrfly11
    buddrfly11 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Moving along nicely
    Well, I had my consult with the surgeon on Tuesday. He suggested doing a needle biopsy w/ultrasound and regardless of the results, removing the mass. I am completely on board with him. My needle biopsy is Monday the 2nd. I spoke with the oncology/breast health nurse yesterday and she scheduled an appointment for me to go over the pathology results on the 10th (Veterans' Day and two training days which Base Medical will be closed for are putting everything about three days behind). She also told me that unless it is immediately life threatening, which they are suspecting by the size that it is not, I will not hear from them either way (in regards to the results) until my appointment on the tenth. She said they found that it relieved a lot of patients' anxiety not to be waiting around the phone with the thoughts of "well they haven't called yet, that must be good news . . . but what if they're waiting to see me face to face and that's why they haven't called 'cause it's bad news . . . etc." So all in all I am very happy with this tactic. On November 10th I will know!!!!! It's nice to have a firm date and it's only a little less than two weeks away!

Needle Biopsy tomorrow
    Hate getting my flu shot so I think I'm definitely going to ask for a sedative tomorrow ;-)
  • lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    Options

THANK YOU
    Wow, you are all AMAZING! Thank you so much for your immediate support. I've noticed that the common theme in so many of these posts is how hard it is to wait!!!!! I've prayed for so long for God to teach me patience . . . careful what you pray for, right? ;-) I will definitely let you know what the outcome is. Again, thank you SO much. I feel like the ones closest to me, although with genuine love as their motivation, keep telling me "it will be fine" and all I hear is "you're silly for worrying." It is such a reassurance to hear that it's normal to be concerned, even if the chances are great that it is just "nothing."

On another note, I've been so fatigued for the past two months (just found the lump last week) and now my body is aching. Is this my mind playing tricks on me or has anyone had similar situations? Lots of love to all of you!

I HAD MAMMOGRAM THE END OF
    I HAD MAMMOGRAM THE END OF MAY, FOUND LUMP BY SELF EXAM THE THIRD WEEK IN JULY, WENT BACK AND HAD 5 MAMMOGRAMS AND IT DIDNOT SHOW UP, THEN A ULTRASOUND AND AS SOON AS TECHNICIAN PUT THE LITTLE MOUSIE MACHINE THING ON ME, SHE SAID "OH, I CAN FEEL IT" THE RADIOLOGIST SAID I NEEDED FURTHER EVALUATION---SO WENT TO CANCER CENTER AND HAD CORE BIOSPHYS DONE ALONG WITH ULTRA SOUND, MY BREAST CANCER SURGEON HAD ALREADY TOLD ME IT WAS CANCER, BECAUSE MY NIPPLE WAS INVERTED, ANYWAY, I WASN'T PUT OUT FOR THE CORE BIOPSY, BUT, I WAS SO GLAD MY HUBAND WAS THERE FOR THE SUPPORT..
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Needle Biopsy tomorrow
    Hate getting my flu shot so I think I'm definitely going to ask for a sedative tomorrow ;-)

Hi Buddrfly
    Oh my, I don't know how I missed this thread. You've been through a rollar coaster ride these past few weeks, haven't you? How did the needle biopsy go? I wanted to let you know of another site you could also post on that caters to women under 40: www.youngsurvival.org
    I'm on there regularly. Good luck and let us know. We're pulling for you.

Mimi