Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Never had one, don't think I will now.
    None of my docs has suggested a flu shot. I had the flu in Feb. when I had my biopsy so I had to wear a mask. I'm really sick of this whole thing. None of us knows from day to day what they will come up with about anything we are doing. They used to use leaches to cure diseases! My chiropractor says the HINI shot has high levels of mercury. If I only ate what I was told was safe I would die of starvation. Do what feels right. I never had a flu shot before and lived through it so my decision is no.

Is anyone else sick of all the conflicting information?

Roseann

Roseann -- I am scared to death and sick of the on going
    H1N1 controversy.. My onc and staff recommended that I have a regular flu shot .. I not sold on that idea .. Chemo cocktail .. plus flu shot .. too many chemicals injected into my system. I'm holding off for a week or 2 ..

My husband and children got their flu shot (not H1N1) for my safety, and have been sick like a wild pak of dogs - 2 days now. I am cleaning up vomit, and sweat - washing laundry -load after load. No one here can hold down any food, with the exception of soup. Go figure - what is in that Flu vaccination - I don't know, but I see the results upstair with my family and think I may pass.

I am scared to death to put any more crap into my system. Plain and simple.

VickiSam
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Too late. Already have it.
    Too late. Already have it. Not sure which one it is tho. They got the H1N1 serum but only got a bit so high risk goes first.
    Since I don't know which flu I've got it doesn't make sense for me to get the other shot. I'm not in treatment.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Too late. Already have it.
    Too late. Already have it. Not sure which one it is tho. They got the H1N1 serum but only got a bit so high risk goes first.
    Since I don't know which flu I've got it doesn't make sense for me to get the other shot. I'm not in treatment.

Already got my flu shot,
    Already got my flu shot, but, not the H1N1 shot. My oncologist said NO!

The H1N1, they say, has been on the college campus here already, but, everyone is getting over it very easily.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Susie
    I had both the flu and pneumonia vaccine about 2 wks ago. I work in the health care field and will finish my chemo on friday... If my oncologist says to go for the H1N1 you can bet I will get it...I actually think health care workers are supposed to be the first to get it.

Have a good day

LInda T
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Susie
    I had both the flu and pneumonia vaccine about 2 wks ago. I work in the health care field and will finish my chemo on friday... If my oncologist says to go for the H1N1 you can bet I will get it...I actually think health care workers are supposed to be the first to get it.

Have a good day

LInda T

My oncologist never
    My oncologist never mentioned the pneumonia vaccine. I think I will ask about it.

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

My oncologist never
    My oncologist never mentioned the pneumonia vaccine. I think I will ask about it.

Sue :)

I see my oncologist this
    I see my oncologist this week and he is giving me the flu shot, not the H1N1 shot. He isn't giving that to any of his cancer patients as of yet.

Leeza
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    jnl said:

I see my oncologist this
    I see my oncologist this week and he is giving me the flu shot, not the H1N1 shot. He isn't giving that to any of his cancer patients as of yet.

Leeza

Today

I have an appointment today to see my radiation oncologist and he is going to give me the seasonal or regular flu shot, but, is hesitant on giving the H1N1. So, I will not get that.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

I Will not
    I will not be getting the flu shot or the H1N1 shot per my oncologist.
    She said that my WBC are way up there and there is no reason to get either one of them. I have never had the flu or the flu shot. I never got a cold last year when Jake had several.

Margo

Same for me, Margo...
    Am 5+ years out from completion of all invasive treatment, 6+ years since diagnosis. Per my own med onc - no flu shots, of any type, for me. (I do continue to ask, each annual season.)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Today

I have an appointment today to see my radiation oncologist and he is going to give me the seasonal or regular flu shot, but, is hesitant on giving the H1N1. So, I will not get that.

Love, Jeanne ♥

I have never gotten the flu
    I have never gotten the flu either, but, I contribute that to getting the shot.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options
    No Flu Shots for Me
    I have never had a flu shot and have never had the flu. My husband spent twenty years in the Air Force and he was required to get the flu shot every year and every year within one week of getting the shot, he got the flu and was usually down and out for at least two weeks. Since he retired and does not get the flu shot, he has not had the flu once. He's been out of the Air Force since 1992. Needless to sy, we're both staying away from boath shots, but I am getting the pneumonia shot.