Options
2»

Comments

• Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    coloCan said:

blowout
    Does your bag occasionally fill with air/gas and tug at your skin? I've learned to undo clip at bottom(use two-piece ConvaTec bags)and gently squeeze ouy the air--if bag is not too full.I also started emptying stool as it drops toward bottom of bag. Health plan provides only 20 bags/month which I do not think adequate so I will buy extra on my own.

wow 20 a month? Is there a
    wow 20 a month? Is there a different kind they will provide more of? Mine were one piece ones, actually had a gas filter at the top of them so filling with air/gas was not an issue and my health insurance would pay for 100 a month.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    20 A Month Not Adequate?
    My last prescription was only 10 per month until I got on a new one which allows me 20 but I still go at least 5 days if I don't have a blow out or leak. I think last month I only went through 9 but I'm experimenting with a new position on a prolapsed ileostomy (which isn't an easy task) and a whole new system. Like previously said do not change it too often as this will cause undue harm to your surrounding stoma. You only need to ask here any questions you need, we can provide most of your concerns.

Kim